YC and drinks

CruisingSince1982

2 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Drinks up to $12 are included in the YC.

You can upgrade to Premium Plus Package to have top-shelf drinks included.

Unless you enjoy something with a premium price tag, the $12 limit includes virtually all fancy mixed drinks and

most liquors, including Venchi chocolate cocktails on the Seaside.

3 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Hi - this is our first time on MSC. We will be in the yacht club, and I am confused about drinks. When I log in to my account, I have the option to purchase a beverage package. I was under the impression that alcohol is included with a YC cabin? 

Which ship will you be on? The offerings in the YC beverage package vary somewhat, for example the chocolate cocktails are included on the Seaside, but chocolates are not included on the Meraviglia due to there being a different chocolate vendor. 

9 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Why would I want to upgrade?  A quality New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and a quality Canadian whiskey, CC is fine, Crown Royal is better, available.  I will be a happy YC guest.

CR is available and included on the three sailings we've been on out of US for YC.

23 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Which ship will you be on? The offerings in the YC beverage package vary somewhat, for example the chocolate cocktails are included on the Seaside, but chocolates are not included on the Meraviglia due to there being a different chocolate vendor. 

It will be the SeaShore 

7 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

It will be the SeaShore 

OK. Too early to know. Precious little information about that ship at the moment since it's still 2 years away. Maybe another poster who's in the know with MSC can find out. If you used a TA, you can ask him/her. 

On 7/10/2019 at 4:15 PM, CruisingSince1982 said:

Hi - this is our first time on MSC. We will be in the yacht club, and I am confused about drinks. When I log in to my account, I have the option to purchase a beverage package. I was under the impression that alcohol is included with a YC cabin? 

MSC's system is not set up to exclude the option to purchase a drinks package for YC bookings, despite the fact that the Premium package is included.

The only drinks not available without charge for YC guests are those listed on the Connoisseurs' Selection page of the bar menus around the ship and those items with prices next to them on YC bar menus.

So, Bea, may I gather or fathom that this is essentially the same as before the drink package kerfuffle emerged 6-7 months ago? YC is all-inclusive except for drinks with asterisks on the menu?  And what do you think is the situation for poor people such as we, who booked in September 2018 for next November?

It's all very confusing.  Perhaps I'll ask the butler to just drop a bucket overboard and get us a drink of sea water.  Apparently, it's abundant.

• Haha 1

The asterisks have been done away with, making it clearer what's included in Premium (all drinks except what's on the Connoisseurs' Selection page) and PremiumPlus (all drinks including those on the Connoisseurs' Selection page) - not so much for 'Easy'  other than drinks up to $/€6.  Gelato is no longer included in any of the new packages.

If you've booked YC before the changes I don't believe that the old included Deluxe package has been grandfathered in.  You'll get what's included at the time of your cruise.

We've upgraded to Prem+ for our next 2 YC outings so we can enjoy some of the top shelf stuff.

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks Bea.  I will ask my TA to find what the price of the upgrade.  The package offered on the add-on page of the web sites indicates a price that I feel is not an upgrade, but rather than full price.

As we will be on the ship for 3 weeks, I'm quite convinced that we would like the top shelf items.

Z ... I see you're on the Divina TA from Genoa.  It'll depend on what the currency onboard will be as to what the upcharge will be.  Usually it's Euros on TAs from Europe, but it was US$ when I did a TA on Divina.  Now that was because Divina was staying in Miami and not just spending the Winter season there.  If the currency onboard IS US$, then the per day price pp will be $17.  I don't have the prices in US$ for Euros sailings - it would be €16 pppd so roughly the same.  However, it certainly adds up on longer cruises, I know!!!  We've upgraded on our 23 night Meraviglia sailing in Oct/Nov 😱  It's all the fault of our travelling companions who are upgrading, too (not looking in your direction @thecruisers6  🤑)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Z ... I see you're on the Divina TA from Genoa.  It'll depend on what the currency onboard will be as to what the upcharge will be.  Usually it's Euros on TAs from Europe, but it was US$ when I did a TA on Divina.  Now that was because Divina was staying in Miami and not just spending the Winter season there.  If the currency onboard IS US$, then the per day price pp will be $17.  I don't have the prices in US$ for Euros sailings - it would be €16 pppd so roughly the same.  However, it certainly adds up on longer cruises, I know!!!  We've upgraded on our 23 night Meraviglia sailing in Oct/Nov 😱  It's all the fault of our travelling companions who are upgrading, too (not looking in your direction @thecruisers6  🤑)

Haha - who I wonder was the first person to mention Premium Plus @Beamafar ? 

I do believe someone said that they would be happy with Guinness and Prosecco (me) 🤔

Seriously though what excellent value the upgrade is. For our 10 days, 4 glasses of Moët or veuve clicquot (both brut or rose) and 4 measures of Johnnie Walker blue label and the whole upgrade is covered. Interestingly the Premium Plus option has disappeared from the cruise enhancement I wonder if MSC have realised its maybe too good a bargain?

Good job MSC are not like Carnival and have that 15 drinks rule 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thecruisers6 said:

For our 10 days, 4 glasses of Moët or veuve clicquot (both brut or rose) and 4 measures of Johnnie Walker blue label and the whole upgrade is covered.

AND that's BEFORE the following nine days drinking  😂

1 hour ago, thecruisers6 said:

Good job MSC are not like Carnival and have that 15 drinks rule 😂😂😂😂

It certainly is ... hic!  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thecruisers6 said:

Nope 1 drink every 96 minutes CF - the detox package 😂😂

Oh 😮

The butler in the TSL last year told us he actually timed how long we took over our drinks and then magically appeared 2 minutes before our scheduled 'finish' time. I don't know how long this was but guarantee it was closer to 9.6 minutes than 96 😂

I've always known Carnival wasn't for us....

Edited by CruisingFox27
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks again Bea, and Cruiser6.  Seeing that proper bubbles are in the P+, I'm convinced to get the upgrade.

Our TA being 21 days is a darn good reason to upgrade.  Although it is possible to go, say, 7-10 days without the good stuff, it's clear to me that 21 days would be nefarious to my mental health.🥂

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Oh 😮

The butler in the TSL last year told us he actually timed how long we took over our drinks and then magically appeared 2 minutes before our scheduled 'finish' time. I don't know how long this was but guarantee it was closer to 9.6 minutes than 96 😂

I've always known Carnival wasn't for us....

Haha that’s scary,  9.6 minutes can be quite a long time though!!!!!!!

our butler did ask me once if I had spilt a Prosecco 😂😂

• Haha 2

Doing our first YC end of November on seaside we really like and want high end wine by glass , can I upgrade , if so what would be the cost? Been cruising on rccl and normally order wine a few dollars over there 12 or 13 dollar limit, thanks. If so can I upgrade before sailing or on board.