Carnival Shareholders benefit.

chloe kitty

14 hours ago, riffatsea said:

You need to send the Carnival info to Carnival and not to Princess. They are 2 separate companies of the same corporation but you don't just send to one address for both lines!!

The fax number is different for each line.

When you send the info for Carnival cruises it goes to fax no:

305 406 6102

When you send to Princess it goes to fax no:

661-753-0180

They are 2 completely separate offices!

Once you send to the correct number you should find your credits listed on your Carnvial invoice

Go into your booking and look at credits and payments and you should find it.

Never did that before. I mailed mine. Always got the Carnival shareholders OBC. Just, this time i wanted to check it on the web site. I received an email about a week after I mailed it in indicating it was completed. Guess I will call them.

• Like 1

Thank you all for this information.  I just retired & am planning on buying 100 shares with a portion  my pension.  We had shares a few years ago, but for whatever reason, cashed them in.  I couldn't remember the exact amounts of OBC, nor where to send my documentation.  We have 3 cruises booked, 2 are 14+ days, so I think it'll be well worth the initial investment.  So am I understanding this correctly-- that we can apply for the credit for all 3 cruises in 1 fax or email?  Do you just mention your booking # or VIFP#?  Thanks for the valuable info.

Edited by Banditswife
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Thank you all for this information.  I just retired & am planning on buying 100 shares with a portion  my pension.  We had shares a few years ago, but for whatever reason, cashed them in.  I couldn't remember the exact amounts of OBC, nor where to send my documentation.  We have 3 cruises booked, 2 are 14+ days, so I think it'll be well worth the initial investment.  So am I understanding this correctly-- that we can apply for the credit for all 3 cruises in 1 fax or email?  Do you just mention your booking # or VIFP#?  Thanks for the valuable info.

You can apply for as many cruises you have booked at one time. Needless they will want each cruise booking number along with proof of stock ownership. Block out your brokerage account number. Give theem all you information along with your VIFP number. Currently the stock is super low at just over $46.00. A great time to buy it. it will take about a week to ten days to get your stock info in the mail. Then you apply to Carnival. if by Mail Princess. Print out the form. it explains it clearly for you.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:58 PM, cruises42 said:

You can send the request in that far in advance even if you haven't paid in full?

Yes. Up through the time the benefit has been approved through (July 2020 I believe). Neither of mine were paid in full when I got the approvals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaHawkeye said:

I tried multiple times to fax my request yesterday. Got a busy signal each time. Can someone please confirm the fax number? 

I used 305 406-6102. 

Hank

I had the same problem 2 months ago when i submitted my documents for my cruise in june. I gave up faxing and sent an email to guestadmin@carnival.com

strange they did not fix the fax problem 

Sent ours, for 7 cruises, last Monday, with no problem. The credits were applied in ab 2 hours. They sent a confirmation email for each, showing the credit. Seems to depend on who picks up the fax. We also send it, at same time to Diamond Desk.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:02 PM, Banditswife said:

Dear Banditswife,

Congratulations on your Kan san retirement.

On CCL :NYSE /LSE CUK :NYSE the Common Stock Shareholder i9s a Gifting and you may use it on any of Carnivals own and other Cruiselines too. It shows this in the 10-K.

Why only 100 shares. As now they have declared the New Dividend and it is a great Yield of over 4.3 %!! Do any of your CDs , Bank/Credit Unions Interest rates match that?

With Dividend ReInvestment ((DRIP))  the Compounding is amazing!

• Like 1

Not sure this is the place for investment advice.  I got "lucky" and bought at about $19 a little over 10 years ago.  Owning more than 100 shares doesn't get you any additional perks as a shareholder.  If it fits into your overall investment scheme, that's a reason to buy, but that's a subject for a different discussion board (or better yet, with your investment advisor). 😉

I bought RCL as an investment, not because I ever expected to receive OBCs.  Now that they've relaxed their restrictions, I'm happy that I'll get my whopping $50 in about 600 days.

10 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Sent ours, for 7 cruises, last Monday, with no problem. The credits were applied in ab 2 hours. They sent a confirmation email for each, showing the credit. Seems to depend on who picks up the fax. We also send it, at same time to Diamond Desk.

Why do you send it to the Diamond Desk?

20 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Our PVP,  and Diana, at DD, asked us to send it there, also, a few years back.

Our PVP never told us to send it there too. Did they give a reason why they wanted you to do that?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Our PVP never told us to send it there too. Did they give a reason why they wanted you to do that?

It’s been a few years back. Seems they said they would keep it on file there, because we often do very last min bookings, sometimes while already onboard, to make b2bs, and it would help DD add the credit for us. May not be needed now.

• Like 1

Interesting about the Diamond Desk.  My Diamond sailing is coming up at the end of October and I confess I haven't really paid any attention to what the "extra" perks may involve.

I believe someone (the OP?) asked where to find the OBC.  I'm assuming that question meant where to find it once the credit was actually applied.  If this hasn't already been answered (and if it was, I apologize for the duplication), then once you can view/print your documents, select "additional documents" and the page will pop up with several pages, starting with your booking summary.  I've always found mine on page 2, the Invoice.  It shows up in the 2nd box jut under the Total Charges.

I print out the acceptance email as well as these docs and bring it all with me, just in case the OBC doesn't show up on my onboard account once I'm on the ship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SDPilot said:

I submitted my request via email Saturday afternoon, and had a reply Sunday morning.  The credit shows on the documents already for my December cruise!

On Carnivals web site? If yes. How do you find them on there? Will they only show up after you do the cruise documents?

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

On Carnivals web site? If yes. How do you find them on there? Will they only show up after you do the cruise documents?

I can see it on the website if I go to print documents.  On the Cruise Manager screen, choose "Print Documents", then "Print General Information".  On the General Information sheet, my OBC is visible on page 2, in the second box down on the left side.

3 minutes ago, SDPilot said:

I can see it on the website if I go to print documents.  On the Cruise Manager screen, choose "Print Documents", then "Print General Information".  On the General Information sheet, my OBC is visible on page 2, in the second box down on the left side.

Thank you so very much. My TA did not know  how.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, twodaywonder said:

Thank you so very much. My TA did not know  how.

Dear twodaywonder,

Now your travel Agent/Angency does!

Edited by AAAAmerican
t