NCL Breakaway - Inspection Sanitation Score

Jasonmom

Anyone else notice that the Breakaway's Vessel Sanitation Program's Inspection Scores are the lowest they have been in the last 11 inspections?  It is an 84 and inspection scores of 85 or lower not satisfactory. 😲

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionScoresAll.aspx?ColV=MTEzNTQwNjQ%3d-mJp%2bb90Hav0%3d

59 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

It may have been bad in February/March but that was an extremely clean ship over 4th of July.  I guess they took notice because they were constantly cleaning, even where it didnt seem dirty.

I agree! Was on BA's June30th-July7th cruies. Ship looked very nice and clean. No real issues at all. 

4 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Anyone else notice that the Breakaway's Vessel Sanitation Program's Inspection Scores are the lowest they have been in the last 11 inspections?  It is an 84 and inspection scores of 85 or lower not satisfactory. 😲

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionScoresAll.aspx?ColV=MTEzNTQwNjQ%3d-mJp%2bb90Hav0%3d

Check the corrective action report, also read the original report for details, there are so many picky things that are inspected that you will be amazed. Usually most of those things are fixed before the ship sails that day.

40 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Check the corrective action report, also read the original report for details, there are so many picky things that are inspected that you will be amazed. Usually most of those things are fixed before the ship sails that day.

Dear Z ,  There is no corrective action report after  3/10/2019 in the link. Though I will acknowledge  that on the 6-09-2019 sailing it was clean as a whistle, excepting for the constant, constant, constant, soiling of the ship by  some of it's mostly low life guests. Absolutely no decorum. Please see photo of the podium at the closed Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville. This is typical of what one would find all over the ship.

0.jpg

27 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

it was clean as a whistle, excepting for the constant, constant, constant, soiling of the ship by  some of it's mostly low life guests. Absolutely no decorum.

Maybe CDC should start rating passengers, and enforce a minimum pass score to be able to book a cruise  :)

Edited by mpk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

If you read the report.  They were cited multiple times for the drink boards used for drink flights.  Simply get your flight without the board...

probably would have passed if they if they got rid of the boards

Dear 124,  I am a naive cruiser. What is a drink board or flight? Maybe I should rephrase that , a naive drinker.

Just now, rattanchair said:

Dear 124,  I am a naive cruiser. What is a drink board or flight? Maybe I should rephrase that , a naive drinker.

It was the actual wood board the glasses sit on when you order a drink flight.

think grandmas wooden paddle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

It was the actual wood board the glasses sit on when you order a drink flight.

think grandmas wooden paddle

Dear 124, Would you not think that all cruise lines would have gotten rid of 'wood' anything which is too difficult to disinfect?

Just now, rattanchair said:

Dear 124, Would you not think that all cruise lines would have gotten rid of 'wood' anything which is too difficult to disinfect?

It’s not that they can’t be disinfected.  The cleaning was not done properly.  It’s been a while since I read the report.  If memory serves me there were 4-6 violations related to drink boards

6 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

This is old news, widely discussed when it came out months ago.

10 hours ago, rattanchair said:

Unfortunately, in an effort to "keep up with the times" by offering tasting flights, NCL has fallen into a trap.  Most flight holders are wooden, as the holder itself is not a "food contact" surface, it does not require sanitizing in most state and local health codes.  Apparently, NCL corporate did not check with the USPH prior to obtaining these, to determine that USPH considers these to be food contact surfaces.  Breakaway is not the only NCL ship cited for these, nor the only cruise line.  Learning curve.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Yes, this is the 3rd time a post about this has been started. The last time the check was done was reported in March. You can to pretty sure the next check will be 100% or close. I wouldn't be too concerned about this. Have you ever checked the scores of some of your favorite restaurants? We have ours posted in our paper every MOnday morning and some of the things they are marked down for are super funny!!!!!!!!!

Was on Breakaway in January,  I didn't see any problems but this was the only trip out of 20-25 that any of us ever got Noro.  We always saw people cleaning all the time and I was just really surprised by this. We are going on Breakaway again in 78 days and I can't wait. 😁

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This is old news, widely discussed when it came out months ago.

Sorry. Missed that

11 hours ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Z ,  There is no corrective action report after  3/10/2019 in the link. Though I will acknowledge  that on the 6-09-2019 sailing it was clean as a whistle, excepting for the constant, constant, constant, soiling of the ship by  some of it's mostly low life guests. Absolutely no decorum. Please see photo of the podium at the closed Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville. This is typical of what one would find all over the ship.

0.jpg

Dang that's where I left my drink.  Guess I had a few too many 🙂

I saw the glasses and plates all over the ship (and loads of unbussed tables in the buffet) in April. Since I don’t see those things on other away ships with the same customer base, I concluded that the ship was understaffed in the area of cleaning public spaces.

• Thanks 1

NCL was also docked a point because of a missing asterisk.  The public wasn’t informed that the health advisory concerning “undercooked” food applied to an Angus Beef entree special.  

Makes me want to see an asteroid crash into the planet upsetting everyone’s apple cart.

1 hour ago, fallujahkid said:

NCL was also docked a point because of a missing asterisk.  The public wasn’t informed that the health advisory concerning “undercooked” food applied to an Angus Beef entree special.  

Makes me want to see an asteroid crash into the planet upsetting everyone’s apple cart.

They were not docked a full point because of this.  If you read the corrective action report, or even the inspection report, items are in "groups", and all violations within that group are put together, and then the inspectors determine, from the maximum points that group is worth, how much the deduction should be.  The menu item was in group #16, which is "food safety", and was clumped with an item regarding food on time control that had not been disposed of at the proper time.  Even taking these two items together, there may not have been a full point deducted, though since the time control food was many hours old, and at 75*, I'd bet that this alone got them a full point, maybe two.  Many times the corrective action reports show the points deducted, but this one does not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Dang that's where I left my drink.  Guess I had a few too many 🙂

Dear, DWMC,   I know you are a 'wild and crazy guy" just like me. But I do not think you would leave an empty drink anywhere. From your prior posts, I find you to be a quite decent chap. The cruising world could use more of your sort.

Edited by rattanchair
redundancy