LCV upgrade gone?

takemewithyou

Last sailed with Azamara early 2018.  I apologize for not keeping up with this forum lately.  I am assuming the LCV upgrade opportunity has gone by the wayside in favor of a bidding process for upgrades....is this correct?  In bidding, does LCV level make any difference?

Thanks for any responses.

51 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Last sailed with Azamara early 2018.  I apologize for not keeping up with this forum lately.  I am assuming the LCV upgrade opportunity has gone by the wayside in favor of a bidding process for upgrades....is this correct?  In bidding, does LCV level make any difference?

Thanks for any responses.

Yes that is correct, LCV level only comes into effect if two bids are the equal value, the higher of the LCV level is to win the bid.  No idea of cut off times for bidding, it seems to be fluid.....

Edited by aussie travel bird

Sounds like another guest discovering upgrade changes by way of this forum. It still annoys me that Azamara does not give much value to loyalty. This morning I got an email from LCV welcoming me home. It would have been nice if they had sent me LCV info before the cruise. 

53 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Sounds like another guest discovering upgrade changes by way of this forum. It still annoys me that Azamara does not give much value to loyalty. This morning I got an email from LCV welcoming me home. It would have been nice if they had sent me LCV info before the cruise. 

I got that one too.

57 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Well, on the plus side, at least you got an email?  I'm sure I'm not the only person here that didn't, despite being opted in for emails.

• Like 1

We were on b2b through March and April and lcv was being advertised on in stateroom TV.  I raised concerns several times but after 26 days it didn't get removed although the system had changed. I suggested a smart lawyer would have "fun" in a court room. Has it gone now???.

I get tons of emails from Azamara to buy something.  Before my recent cruise, I got lots of emails trying to sell me excursions, dining packages, spa services, etc. Never got any email about the bidding for upgrades.  I called and wrote to Azamara requesting the upgrade email invitation. Never got it. Nor did my TA. My TA was told that I would be sent an upgrade bidding email within 60 days of my cruise. Never happened. The result was I felt left out, overlooked, unappreciated, and generally forgotten. Never got to bid. Cruised in the veranda cabin that I booked almost a year before the the cruise. Loyalty doesn’t get you much with Azamara.  As far as discounts on future cruises and free nights, it is a joke. I have been traveling on Celebrity since it started. started cruising on Azamara since 2009. No way will I ever get more than 50% of my cruises on Azamara compared to Celebrity. My loyalty to Celebrity puts me in the never will get more Azamara cruises compared to Celebrity.  Even if i never sail on Celebrity again, I would never live long enough to make it matter. I had a good time on my recent cruise with a few exceptions. It is time for a LCV to re-evaluate it’s features.  Often I book a future cruise either while sailing or shortly after returning home. I came home and in the mail was a promo of up to 40% off  for loyal guests on Oceania.  Booked it. 

• Like 1

I agree. Loyalty doesn’t really mean anything to Azamara anymore. You think you’re getting a good deal when you book onboard, and then a few months out from the cruise they drop the prices. We won’t book any further cruises onboard, if we book with them again. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DRJVH said:

I agree. Loyalty doesn’t really mean anything to Azamara anymore. You think you’re getting a good deal when you book onboard, and then a few months out from the cruise they drop the prices. We won’t book any further cruises onboard, if we book with them again. 

We are also in the wait and see mindset, if nothing comes up that we really fancy so be it.

• Like 1

This is a continual insult to this of us who are loyal. I raised it in March and was told it would be removed. It was there still at the end of our second cruise on 21 April and I raised it again. The change was planned and surely the technical team.can remove it. There would be legal.implications in many countries as advertising is incorrect and misleading.