John Heald back again as Cruise Director on certain cruises!

BeakerR

54 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

We did enjoy spending time with him and were sorry when he left. 

Do wish he would stop criticizing and humiliating Carnival customers including I am shocked that his beards allow that.

Ive never seen that. 

I've definitely seen topics discussed on this board show up within a day or two on JH's FB page as visitor posts.  And they are often complaints and self identify as CC.  Maybe that's why he gets frustrated.  But then again, maybe JH actually has a CC account?  I wonder what his user name is?  LatvianYak would be cool.

25 minutes ago, Moz said:

His facebook sadly is a detriment to the Carnival Cruise Line.  He would do well to discontinue it and perhaps it's time for him to retire or just change his approach.

Except it's really not. If you keep up with the other mass market lines on social media you'll notice none of them have half of the engagement that carnival has thanks to JH

On 8/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, gatour said:

A question, I have been contemplating for a long time.

Did John Heald come from another cruise line as a Cruise Director to Carnival as a Cruise Director?  This would have been years ago.  Then over the years he has evolved into a brand ambassador/spokesman for Carnival.

If so which line?

He started as a bar waiter on the Mardi Gras over 30 years ago.  He was then a somellier and then became a cruise director.  

46 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

Except it's really not. If you keep up with the other mass market lines on social media you'll notice none of them have half of the engagement that carnival has thanks to JH

25 minutes ago, skridge said:

He is just on Facebook now.  

Carnival knows marketing if Mr. Heald was not making money for them- he would be gone. He may have a coarse sense of humor but I enjoy reading his post and watching his videos.

37 minutes ago, jimbri said:

I usually don't know who the CD is on a cruise except for our last one on the Sunrise who was very good. 

Chris Williams - The Flying Scotsman.  He does a good job and is a likable guy.  Their top CD is Matt Mitchum.  John is totally unique both in the way he does his job (the whole job) and his approach with people. 

• Like 1