Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
SarcasmSpasm

Anyone recently travelled sky/star class on Allure or Oasis?

Recommended Posts

Was wondering if anyone can report on the hours for free drinks in suite lounge?  Is it still 11-11?

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Was wondering if anyone can report on the hours for free drinks in suite lounge?  Is it still 11-11?

 

thanks!

 

Yes. Sailed 6-30 and 7-21 Sky Class on the Allure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, STANMELB said:

 

Yes. Sailed 6-30 and 7-21 Sky Class on the Allure.

 

Thank you!  Happy to hear that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sailed Sky class and our friends sailed Star Class on the Oasis on the June 30th sailing. The suite lounge (which is beautiful by the way) was open from 11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Service was very friendly, we enjoyed the lounge very much. We would go up nightly for pre-dinner drinks. Enjoy the Oasis -- we loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, STANMELB said:

 

Yes. Sailed 6-30 and 7-21 Sky Class on the Allure.

Can you tell me if you can still access the outdoor deck seating area there?  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Was wondering if anyone can report on the hours for free drinks in suite lounge?  Is it still 11-11?

 

thanks!

11-11 is only for beer, wine, and soda (limited options of each). 4:30 - 8 for the normal drinks. What's nice is that with the suite lounge and suite restaurant in the same place, you can have drinks with dinner without needing a drink package or pay for them individually. That's the way it was on the Allure last October. Had to suffer through that for two straight weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chellecruise12 said:

 

 

Can you tell me if you can still access the outdoor deck seating area there?  Thank you!

No outdoor deck on the Allure next to the Suite Lounge. There is outdoor seating at the pool area for full suites and Pinnacles.

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

11-11 is only for beer, wine, and soda (limited options of each). 4:30 - 8 for the normal drinks. What's nice is that with the suite lounge and suite restaurant in the same place, you can have drinks with dinner without needing a drink package or pay for them individually. That's the way it was on the Allure last October. Had to suffer through that for two straight weeks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

No outdoor deck on the Allure next to the Suite Lounge. There is outdoor seating at the pool area for full suites and Pinnacles.

 

If I remember correctly, Allure has a Suite Sun Deck, but no reserved seating directly by the pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

11-11 is only for beer, wine, and soda (limited options of each). 4:30 - 8 for the normal drinks. What's nice is that with the suite lounge and suite restaurant in the same place, you can have drinks with dinner without needing a drink package or pay for them individually. That's the way it was on the Allure last October. Had to suffer through that for two straight weeks.

Yes many people waiting for clock to hit 4:30, lousy selection of wine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complimentary beer and wine are offered starting at 11am? And then hard liquor is included from 4:30-8? Would this be the same for Symphony? Sorry for asking what is probably a dumb question, but it will be our first time sailing sky class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

If I remember correctly, Allure has a Suite Sun Deck, but no reserved seating directly by the pool. 

 Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mslynn79 said:

 Would this be the same for Symphony? 

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chellecruise12 said:

Thank you.  I must be thinking of Indy & Liberty.

That’s the problem with rccl different perks depending on type of ship , prefer perks on celebrity since suites have dinning room on all ships and suite lounge is open all day for all drinks not just beer and wine ( except for tiny ships for Galapagos)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free wine on Allure in May was not good and I'm not even picky. It was disappointing. There are many inexpensive good tasting wine. One of the red wines tasted like straight up vinegar. I started drinking mimosas at 11am and that was palatable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also wanted to mention that we received our suite concierge email today for our Harmony August 11 sailing next Sunday in Sky Class and no mention was made of any free alcohol until the evening hour. Wondering if they are doing away with the free beer, wine and champagne that used to start at 11am?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tricia28 said:

Free wine on Allure in May was not good and I'm not even picky. It was disappointing. There are many inexpensive good tasting wine. One of the red wines tasted like straight up vinegar. I started drinking mimosas at 11am and that was palatable.

 

White Zin is tasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tricia28 said:

Also wanted to mention that we received our suite concierge email today for our Harmony August 11 sailing next Sunday in Sky Class and no mention was made of any free alcohol until the evening hour. Wondering if they are doing away with the free beer, wine and champagne that used to start at 11am?

 

We got ours today for August 11th Allure.  It states, A selection of complimentary wine, champagne, beer and soft drinks is available from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge.

 

Edited by DShock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tricia28 said:

Also wanted to mention that we received our suite concierge email today for our Harmony August 11 sailing next Sunday in Sky Class and no mention was made of any free alcohol until the evening hour. Wondering if they are doing away with the free beer, wine and champagne that used to start at 11am?

 

 

Nope, free flowing now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I already have the drink package (Thanks to the “intern who cannot type”) but curious if the free beer is tap beer or bottles/cans.

Thanks

Edited by Casino Comp Chick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Casino Comp Chick said:

I already have the drink package (Thanks to the “intern who cannot type”) but curious if the free beer is tap beer or bottles/cans.

Thanks

 

Bottles and cans have been our experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

11-11 is only for beer, wine, and soda (limited options of each). 4:30 - 8 for the normal drinks. What's nice is that with the suite lounge and suite restaurant in the same place, you can have drinks with dinner without needing a drink package or pay for them individually. That's the way it was on the Allure last October. Had to suffer through that for two straight weeks.

 

Our first time in a suite too coming up. Can you tell me if the servers on Coastal Kitchen are happy to fetch the free wine/drinks from the Suite Lounge or would one need to leave their table and fetch it themselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingcole said:

 

Our first time in a suite too coming up. Can you tell me if the servers on Coastal Kitchen are happy to fetch the free wine/drinks from the Suite Lounge or would one need to leave their table and fetch it themselves?

The servers will get them for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The servers will get them for you

Fab, thanks.

 

Have been weighing up the deluxe drinks package. Have always had it before but with coffee and waters in the room and a few SL drinks before dinner and now wine when we dine at CK, I think we’ve made the right decision to drop the drinks package. Of some of the nights we are not dining in CK we have one night at Chefs Table so wine taken care of their too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...