Silhouette Revolution Info

vtcruising

I'm not sure if this is out there or not since I haven't been following closely, but didn't see it with a quick search. It was dated 8/5 so thought there might be some new info. If it is out there, please ignore.

Highlights:

-Retreat Sundeck to have hot tub, ADA Access

-Retreat Lounge - Hoppen

-All brand new suites - completely redesigned suites by HBA, NOT Hoppen 

-5 new Signature suites and 1 Reflection suite

-Additional all new staterooms - insides on 6 and 9 in Centrum area

-Refreshed staterooms -  new veranda furniture, linens, bedskirts, terry, drapes, mattress, myTV, RFID

-New veranda and pool furniture

-Redesigned Sunset Bar

-Redesigned Retail

-Craft Social

-Lawn Club - new tops and furniture for Alcoves and Bocce Court Grass replaced with new shaded seating area

-Refreshed Passport Bar

-Sky Lounge - new carpets, seating, tables

image.thumb.png.1974024e445ca400f4bc6fb4b8b01d1d.png

I was hoping the furniture in the regular cabins would be reupholstered and carpets done, but maybe they will do it at the next dry dock.

I was happy to see that the suites were being redone by HBA, not Kelly Hoppen. They did the Summit and Millennium cabins, I believe, and they look pretty good, IMO. I liked Kelly's fabrics and colors, but didn't like the knickknacks and some of the furniture choices.

I wonder if the new tops on the Alcoves will be pod-like?

It sounds like they are listening to people about shade and adding shaded lawn seating where the Bocce Court was located.

I wonder what the Sunset Bar will look like? Any bacon strips? 😉

Of course, sorry to see part of the Sky Lounge go....

Thank you for posting, vt.  We are on the first post-dry dock sailing in Feb 2020  (well, assuming there are no more changes in the scheduling 😏) and hoping that X has taken into account the complaints about the Sunset bar makeover on the recent revolutions and make some changes for the better on the Sillhouette.  Love the Sky Lounge so will definitely be checking out that area the first night to see the impact on space!

16 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

Thank you for posting, vt.  We are on the first post-dry dock sailing in Feb 2020  (well, assuming there are no more changes in the scheduling 😏) and hoping that X has taken into account the complaints about the Sunset bar makeover on the recent revolutions and make some changes for the better on the Sillhouette.  Love the Sky Lounge so will definitely be checking out that area the first night to see the impact on space!

It will be exciting to see all the changes. I think most will be for the better, but a little nervous about the Sunset Bar and Sky Lounge. I think they will listen to all of the feedback about the balcony furniture and hopefully will spring for foot stools and good-sized tables for the balconies!

It sounds like they were listening about the shade issue (added more shaded seating on Lawn) so maybe will add more shade to the Retreat Sundeck as well.

You must be getting excited!

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

It will be exciting to see all the changes. I think most will be for the better, but a little nervous about the Sunset Bar and Sky Lounge. I think they will listen to all of the feedback about the balcony furniture and hopefully will spring for foot stools and good-sized tables for the balconies!

Your statements echo my thoughts!!!  We have a balcony on the slant of the hump but not Concierge (I think Concierge has foot stools?) so it will be interesting to see the balcony furniture and table size provided given the depth of those balconies.  

Yes will definitely be exciting to see her after dry-dock!  Really looking forward to it!  ☺️ 

• Like 1

I’m on her in April 2020 so am very glad to see there will still be the Sky Lounge and hope they keep the shade for the Sunset Bar. Have prebooked an Alcove for the moment - may cancel though. Interestingly I’m also on Constellation in July not long enter her drydock! 

Thank you! 

Wendy

7 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'd be happy if they didn't change the veranda furniture.  I like the chairs, foot stools and a table that is big enough to use to eat a meal. We'll also be there for the first couple of sailings.

Totally agree with you on this one. I so enjoy eating on the balcony and a teeny tiny table just won't do it. It seems that Celebrity doesn't want folks to eat meals on the balcony anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, groryjm said:

after the relocated dry dock does anyone know if these additional suites are still planed?

They are still on the deck plans, so maybe... I checked ahead and the Reflection Suite is not even listed on the 5-6 cruises I looked at and the Signature Suites are showing as sold out.

image.thumb.png.5213c56f245975aa4741ae6e4577fac9.png

Onboard now and have been told that even though they are adding extra suites during refurb, Luminae is staying the same size, so there may be times when reservations are required for dinner unless guests are prepared to accept regular waits for tables.

• Thanks 1

Hope overflow, if any, from the  Suites does not result in BLU becoming more crowded.  BLU  at this point should  be reserved only for AQ Class... The staff can't handle much more than that and suite guests  now have their own exclusive restaurant with Luminae.

They did not list any additional AQ Staterooms but  only a few more insides plus the new suites .. Does not look like it's as many as on  M Class  which seems like they  are  filling in every inch they can find. 

Hope Silhouette does not become  crowded like Reflection...it's still one of our favorites.

51 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Never found Luminae busy- always extra tables.  Many suite guests, and other guests I assume, do dine in Specialty restaurants instead of luminae on any given evening.  

It has been busy every night we have dined there, 6 nights out of 12 so far this cruise, with lots of groups of 4/6/8. As I was only repeating what I was told then it must be something that Celebrity may be having to consider for the future. Unless it was just the crew members personal opinion of course 😊

13 hours ago, vtcruising said:

They are still on the deck plans, so maybe... I checked ahead and the Reflection Suite is not even listed on the 5-6 cruises I looked at and the Signature Suites are showing as sold out.

image.thumb.png.5213c56f245975aa4741ae6e4577fac9.png

I just hate looking at that Deck Plan and the carved up Sky Lounge, which is such a beautiful, light and airy space for sitting and watching the sea (and for activities, etc).  Whether through new builds or carving up existing ships, cruise lines are, sadly imho, creating more and more "disconnect" from the water.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The reflection has had these suites since it first sailed.  They are adding them to other ships.  Yes the sky lounge is smaller and not nearly as nice as it once was-  Perhaps they felt it was under utilized space.  Typically the captains club meets their.

Yes, thanks, I know.  We've sailed twice on the Silhouette (our favorite ship), and never on the Reflection, in part for that reason.   I suppose one could say that many public spaces on ships are "underutilized" if the $$ comparison is carving them up into suites and selling the space that way.  Personally, I value public interior spaces and exterior decks that allow passengers to enjoy the sea.  (Celebrity's "revolution" is not only carving up those interior spaces, but also prohibiting non-suite pax from the prime, forward-facing upper deck.) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, thanks, I know.  We've sailed twice on the Silhouette (our favorite ship), and never on the Reflection, in part for that reason.   I suppose one could say that many public spaces on ships are "underutilized" if the $$ comparison is carving them up into suites and selling the space that way.  Personally, I value public interior spaces and exterior decks that allow passengers to enjoy the sea.  (Celebrity's "revolution" is not only carving up those interior spaces, but also prohibiting non-suite pax from the prime, forward-facing upper deck.) 

While the lounge isn't as big as it once was, you can still enjoy the great views and during the day it is a nice place to read and watch the ocean go by.  If no meetings or special functions happening- it is great!  Our favorite ship is the Silhouette, but the Reflection #2. We will be on the Equinox on Saturday another really nice ship- but not the Silhouette or Reflection.  We really enjoy the lawn grill, our favorite specialty restaurant.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 3

On 8/8/2019 at 6:43 AM, hcat said:

Hope Silhouette does not become  crowded like Reflection...it's still one of our favorites.

I found this fleet guide that shows the maximum capacity before and after the Revolution of the Silhouette. It looks like they actually lowered the maximum capacity quite a bit (by decreasing the number of triples/quads) - it appears to have 138 less max capacity post-Revolution.

The number of suites will go up to 72 and Luminae seats 90 - with the increase in suite guests of about 12-24 (figured 2-4 guests per 6 suites), hopefully it will be able to absorb the increase.

This sheet hasn't been updated recently as it still has the suites being added to the Equinox.

Celebrity-Cruises-Fleet-Guidex.pdf

• Thanks 1