Silhouette Revolution Info

vtcruising

I’m sure to be in the minority on this, but we play bocce at least 3 or 4 times on every cruise. I will admit we always have to track down the bocce set every time, but once we do others always join in playing. It’s especially nice on Caribbean cruises when we often stay on the ship since we’ve been to most of the ports. 

Sorry to see this go. 

Just now, RICCruisers said:

I’m sure to be in the minority on this, but we play bocce at least 3 or 4 times on every cruise. I will admit we always have to track down the bocce set every time, but once we do others always join in playing. It’s especially nice on Caribbean cruises when we often stay on the ship since we’ve been to most of the ports. 

Sorry to see this go. 

The deck plans show bocce on both sides of the ship - I wonder if they will do the shaded seating only on one side and leave the bocce on the other?

• 2 weeks later...

rev1.thumb.JPG.1cf8e08b0fbbf79147c8fbc17b643781.JPGInteresting find, however all it has done for me is throw up some questions that I didnt know needed asking! Sailing after revolution on Silhouette and just assumed all changes were being done by Kelly Hoppen but this says otherwise, so does anyone know what some of the following means?

Image 1:

1)For clarification, will there be a Hot Tub for the Suite guests only?

2)What is ADA acess?

rev2.thumb.JPG.cb246a90fc763c8c2e0fc762754730dc.JPG

Image 2:

What is or who is 'Designed by MPA/HPA/NBA'? (I cannot make out what the wording is). Essentially the question is as Kelly Hoppen is not changing the Suites who is? I assume they will look different to images shown on Celebrity website.

13 hours ago, AppyAmmer said:

rev2.thumb.JPG.cb246a90fc763c8c2e0fc762754730dc.JPG

Image 2:

What is or who is 'Designed by MPA/HPA/NBA'? (I cannot make out what the wording is). Essentially the question is as Kelly Hoppen is not changing the Suites who is? I assume they will look different to images shown on Celebrity website.

It appears by this chart that Kelly Hoppen is not designing the revolutionized S Class suites, as she did the M Class suites. According to this, they are to be designed by HBA, the design company that designed the regular staterooms on the M Class revolutionized ships. I'm not sure if that was a change after many people seemed unhappy with some of Kelly's design choices on the M Class or if that was the plan all along. There seem to be less complaints about the HBA-designed regular staterooms, but it's just a feeling I've gotten - others here who have sailed in them can better comment.

If you look at the renditions below, you can see the differences in design of the two design companies, with the M Class on the left design by Kelly Hoppen and the Solstice Class on the right being designed by HBA. I have sailed in KH-designed Sky Suites on the Edge and loved the suites, though identified several annoyances. I toured all of the other suites on the Edge and found many things that I considered design flaws. Hopefully HBA will do a nice job with the S Class ships - I can see a few things in the renditions below that look better to me in the S Class designs (the couches look more comfortable, the roomy bedside tables with drawers, less knick-knacks, the chair that actually fits under the vanity in the Sky Suite). I do like Kelly's colors a bit better (at least on the Edge - I prefer blues and greys, as opposed to the HBA beiges and greens), but will take the functionality over colors. It will be interesting to experience the new M and S Class revolutionized suites and compare them.

It appears that the Silhouette will have a hot tub on the Retreat Sundeck (unfortunately no time to place on EQ, but may go in during next dry dock), leaving the Edge and Apex as the only X ships with a pool on the Retreat Sundeck so far. Kelly Hoppen will still design the Retreat Lounge and Sundeck areas on S and M Class ships, according to this chart. I think she did a nice job on the Edge Retreat for the most part. The renditions for the M and S Class Retreats look pretty nice to me though hopefully they will modify some of the seating choices in the lounge and add some shade to the sundeck.

1408102428_RevolutionPH.thumb.jpg.92b7f72273733708f6b6be1679a31d73.jpg

image.thumb.png.c0c68f3fbc7709290bcd74d6628c3cf0.png

1619140707_RevolutionCS.thumb.jpg.cf939ffe3bd9649cb2b4277619cb5b40.jpg

1495641148_RevolutionSS.thumb.jpg.213ca94a6472f52eeb5439eeec24541a.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2019 at 12:11 PM, vtcruising said:

I was happy to see that the suites were being redone by HBA, not Kelly Hoppen

VT..you always have the BEST information!  Thank you for posting the pics above.    I'm not a fan of the Hoppen design at all.  I see that she has done the M class ships, which makes me less excited about putting down a deposit on Connie for a 2021 Panama Canal trip.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

20 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

VT..you always have the BEST information!  Thank you for posting the pics above.    I'm not a fan of the Hoppen design at all.  I see that she has done the M class ships, which makes me less excited about putting down a deposit on Connie for a 2021 Panama Canal trip.

I can understand your concerns. Maybe they still have time to correct some of the identified Summit/Millennium issues on the Connie. The public areas look nice and having the Retreat Sundeck will be a plus when in a suite (especially if they add some shaded areas).

Why is Equinox excluded on all these designs? The suites were not done during her recent dry dock due to time constraints. Does this mean she will get no more updates to suites in 2021, as I have seen posted elsewhere? Or that the suites on EQ will be KH design?  I hope not the latter. I can't imagine why have a desk chair that doesn't fit under the desk!!

On 8/7/2019 at 12:45 PM, hopeless holiday booker said:

I wonder how they choose what to do on which ship?

Honestly, I sometimes suspect the decision makers do not cruise as often as Celebrity's most frequent cruisers and do not  really know what passengers like and don't like while cruising, especially longer cruises. It seems that most decisions are based on how to maximize the income from each square foot of the ship, which I do understand because Celebrity is not a non-profit organization, so shareholder value is important. However, some decisions do seem inexplicable or just wrong-headed. They can't please everybody, though. If they make a mistake in planning, they will never admit it, for sure.

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Content and pics deleted to save space

Thanks vt for this great visual....see above

We did okay with the EDGE spare decor... and greige;  but for me HBA  colors and choices  are the clear winners! Love the look!

We will be on Connie  in a  Sky Suite..very dorm looking! But it's a first suite for us...so  we are happy!

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Thanks vt for this great visual....see above

We did okay with the EDGE spare decor... and greige;  but for me HBA  colors and choices  are the clear winners! Love the look!

We will be on Connie  in a  Sky Suite..very dorm looking! But it's a first suite for us...so  we are happy!

It will probably be like the Edge - much better in person (I did not like the look of the renditions for the Edge cabins and really liked the colors in person). They may fix some of the issues before you go (like the famous chair that doesn't fit under the desk). You will probably be so happy with the suite life that you won't care as much about the suite itself. 🙂

I like the look of the HBA suites above and the cabins they have done for M Class. I can't stand the present red/orange/gold decor on the M Class and S Class that are not revolutionized so most anything will be an improvement decor-wise. As far as function, I get most annoyed with storage issues (such as S Class over the bed storage and shallow drawers as in the M Class closets) and hope for some improvements in function. I think, all in all, I will be pretty happy with the refreshed cabins and public areas.

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Why is Equinox excluded on all these designs? The suites were not done during her recent dry dock due to time constraints. Does this mean she will get no more updates to suites in 2021, as I have seen posted elsewhere? Or that the suites on EQ will be KH design?  I hope not the latter. I can't imagine why have a desk chair that doesn't fit under the desk!!

I think they have tried to make it clear in this info that the EQ does not have newly renovated suites so that people booking currently will not have expectations for a renovated suite.

I have also heard talk about the EQ getting some further renovation done during the next dry dock. If they renovate the suites (it makes sense since they need renovation and they are money-makers), my assumption would be that they would use the same HBA would design as other S Class ships, for consistency.

As far as the chair that doesn't fit under the desk, in my book, there is no excuse!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 6:19 PM, wendyam76 said:

I’m on her in April 2020 so am very glad to see there will still be the Sky Lounge and hope they keep the shade for the Sunset Bar. Have prebooked an Alcove for the moment - may cancel though. Interestingly I’m also on Constellation in July not long enter her drydock! 

Thank you! 

Wendy

If you dont mind me asking, were you able to book the Alcove for your cruise online? We're cruising Solstice in March'20 and I tried to book an Alcove but system came back as unavailable. When I called Celebrity they said we were outside the 6 month time window for booking an alcove. I wonder how then you were able to book one for April? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, jjmock said:

If you dont mind me asking, were you able to book the Alcove for your cruise online? We're cruising Solstice in March'20 and I tried to book an Alcove but system came back as unavailable. When I called Celebrity they said we were outside the 6 month time window for booking an alcove. I wonder how then you were able to book one for April? Thanks!

Yes, I booked online - initially about a year ago! The thing with alcoves is only book for one person (you can all use it!) as otherwise it will say unavailable. Might be worth trying that.

Wendy

On 9/13/2019 at 10:44 AM, wendyam76 said:

Yes, I booked online - initially about a year ago! The thing with alcoves is only book for one person (you can all use it!) as otherwise it will say unavailable. Might be worth trying that.

Wendy

OK thats strange because yesterday I was given two different answers by Celebrity representatives. One said it cant be booked until less than 6 months out. The other said that Alcoves on Sea Days can only be booked once onboard the ship. Seems like none of them know what they are talking about. 

6 minutes ago, jjmock said:

OK thats strange because yesterday I was given two different answers by Celebrity representatives. One said it cant be booked until less than 6 months out. The other said that Alcoves on Sea Days can only be booked once onboard the ship. Seems like none of them know what they are talking about. 

I wouldn’t always trust the reps! Have you tried to book it yourself? It’s in the speciality dining section. I’ve never been on Solstice but booked many times, in advance for Reflection and Silhouette.

Wendy

21 hours ago, groryjm said:

I believe Silhouette is scheduled for Freeport as it is now up and running. 

Where did you get this info?  Yes Freeport may be operational after the hurricane but I haven't seen any information that suggests that the dry dock damaged during the accident with Oasis has been repaired. The Silhouette was moved to Spain earlier this year.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

On 8/8/2019 at 11:15 AM, Turtles06 said:

I just hate looking at that Deck Plan and the carved up Sky Lounge, which is such a beautiful, light and airy space for sitting and watching the sea (and for activities, etc).  Whether through new builds or carving up existing ships, cruise lines are, sadly imho, creating more and more "disconnect" from the water.  

I don't like what the renovations will do to the SkyLoung...the best place to sit there is right in the front, looking out over the bow of the ship...sitting on the side of the ship like that might tend some to get motion sickness....

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Where did you get this info?  Yes Freeport may be operational after the hurricane but I haven't seen any information that suggests that the dry dock damaged during the accident with Oasis has been repaired. The Silhouette was moved to Spain earlier this year.

about two and a half months after Oasis damaged Freeport this was released 

Revolution_ML_SM_EQ_5.6.2019.pdf

16 minutes ago, groryjm said:

about two and a half months after Oasis damaged Freeport this was released 

Revolution_ML_SM_EQ_5.6.2019.pdf 128 MB · 3 downloads

The chart indicated it was updated on May 6 and the Silhouette is shown to be complete for the January 31 2020 sailing.  Later in May they cancelled the January 31 sailing because the drydock was moved to Spain.  I am keenly aware of the schedule change because I was on the cancelled January 31 sailing.  You can check the schedule and see there isn't a January 31 sailing.

Updated info on the website showing the Feb 2020 date for the Silhouette

image.thumb.png.5b3907691e6372e471331e31d47e1341.png

Edited by ipeeinthepool