Cheers in MDR...

VentureMan_2000

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

What are the perks of cheers in MDR with regards to bottled water 

They serve you the liter size bottles.  We always have the water served from the pitcher and take our bottles to go.

Not to get into the t.i.p.p.i.n.g debate, but some people do complain about it being hard to get a 2nd glass of wine during dinner. We've never had a problem, however we bring a pack of $1 bills onboard with us and anytime we order a drink on Cheers we enclose a couple of bills with the signed receipt. The bar waiter always seems to swing by once twice more during dinner to check and see how we're doing. I don't do it because I feel compelled to do it, I just want to give a small token to someone who is performing a special task for be because I asked them to do it. People will say they never give anything extra, it's all included, and that's true. I just enjoy doing it, so I do. It's only a dollar or 2 for me, but it does mean more to them. Also, if you determine early what is going to be your 'bar' and usually drink the same thing, after a while you just have to catch their eye & nod as you are walking up, and they will just start making your drinks. Win-Win!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Not to get into the t.i.p.p.i.n.g debate, but some people do complain about it being hard to get a 2nd glass of wine during dinner. We've never had a problem, however we bring a pack of $1 bills onboard with us and anytime we order a drink on Cheers we enclose a couple of bills with the signed receipt. The bar waiter always seems to swing by once twice more during dinner to check and see how we're doing. I don't do it because I feel compelled to do it, I just want to give a small token to someone who is performing a special task for be because I asked them to do it. People will say they never give anything extra, it's all included, and that's true. I just enjoy doing it, so I do. It's only a dollar or 2 for me, but it does mean more to them. Also, if you determine early what is going to be your 'bar' and usually drink the same thing, after a while you just have to catch their eye & nod as you are walking up, and they will just start making your drinks. Win-Win!

This is also how I and my dh roll as well.  We actually are barely sitting down for dinner, when the server is asking us if we would like our "favorite" glass of wine again.  We also never have trouble getting a second glass.  I do not feel compelled or forced into giving extra $$ when getting served my drinks with CHEERS.  Yes, the $1 here and $2 there does add up.  But not nearly to what I feel the service is worth IMHO.  We establish really early on, who our fav servers are.  They smile and greet us when we approach and I am on vacation and love being served with a smile!

Edited by CruizCuz

Question:  We choose this year to do YTD, I assume cheers works there as well.  

We have done the same thing, extra buck here and there. Go to the same Bar, extra buck here and there. Taught my kids that as well.  In fact,  my son (Being my son), tips a $10. He said when he wanted a drink the bartender  so funny! He would pour and then forget he poured, starting to talk to other behind the bar (all a ruse), and then pour again. My son got the biggest kick out of it and he said he got his money's worth.  LOL... he said one drink looked like there was a shortage of soda pop vs liquor.