Comment Cards, Yes, they still exist

janmcn

Comment Cards are available (if not in the grey packet you get on your bed each night) at the Main Desk. They ARE very welcomed by and helpful to the staff on board, especially those who have gone above and beyond service for you.  We actually received a nice Thank You note from a MDR staff thanking us for the kind comments.

You may also use your iPad/computer/phone to access the Navigator and input your comments, too...it's a bit difficult to find (and I'm not on board now) but you can ask someone where to find it. You simply type in your comment. Easy to do. We try to do it often.  We've "heard" (not verified) that positive comments can allow an extra 30 minutes of sleep time, extra shore time, excursions, etc. by those who consistently receive good remarks. Had a Thank You note from a Spa person once.

• Like 3

I filled out the comment cards with praise for our waiter and his assistant a few years back.  The huge big smiles on their faces told the whole story.  It does mean a lot to them, so if someone has been extra helpful or nice, do fill one out.

I thought Comment Cards were no longer in use as they were not in our cabin.  Others on board the Zuiderdam told me theirs were in the grey folder.  We did not have any but the Main Desk happily gave me three of them.  

I will probably use all three by the end of our cruise!

We were on the NA 2 years ago, end of this month, and never saw comment cards nor tip envelopes. And I don't recall getting an email from HAL after the cruise asking for any input. I just tipped with cash when I wanted to. Also, we don't have a smart phone so many of the comments about using apps don't apply. 

23 minutes ago, bobandjo said:

We were on the NA 2 years ago, end of this month, and never saw comment cards nor tip envelopes.

Tip envelopes haven't been around since the HSC was brought in.  If you wish to tip over and above the HSC, you can pick up blank envelopes at Guest Services.  I always bring a pkg of small thank you notes and write them out to give on the last day along with a small monetary gift.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

7 hours ago, janmcn said:

Comment Cards are available...

You may also use your iPad/computer/phone to access the Navigator and input your comments, too...it's a bit difficult to find (and I'm not on board now) but you can ask someone where to find it. You simply type in your comment.

In the Navigator app, look to the bottom of the page on the right side of the screen and you will find "More", tap that and another menu appears that includes "Feedback", type in your comments there.

7 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We found the Navigator App was great for submitting comments especially praising a certain staff member.   

Thank you for this information.  Always used the comment cards and glad to know they are still available.  But will definitely check out the Navigator app.  Nice for people to have options to compliment crew and staff.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, bobandjo said:

We were on the NA 2 years ago, end of this month, and never saw comment cards nor tip envelopes. And I don't recall getting an email from HAL after the cruise asking for any input. I just tipped with cash when I wanted to. Also, we don't have a smart phone so many of the comments about using apps don't apply. 

I also do not have, do not want  a   smart phone.   If I have to buy a phone  in order to  use their navigator or whatever.     I 'll manage just fine without it  Somehow I've sailed well over100 cruises (  not  all  HAL)  without  Navigator  or r   smart   phone and hopefully will sail many more cruises.  .  If I wanted   I'd buy one.

image.png.3759069631b8f48d64259a738d0b171a.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

The only places I have seen HAL   tip  envelopes is at front office where we can go to request  some envelopes or from concierge in Neptune Lounge.     At end of cruise particularly, they  provide some to  guests who ask for therm.

image.png.28942419d6f291a3248a0750026fd3b3.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas
  • Thanks 1