Points question

siren

My husband is going on a bachelor party cruise without me...boo hoo.  Question is his C&A number is different from mine.  I book all our cruises with my number.  Do his points roll over and get added to the larger account?  On our way to pinnacle....

You should add all C&A numbers for each person every time you cruise. If you are accounts are linked, you should show the same number of points in your online C&A accounts, but if you call in, they can tell you exactly how many points each person has. You should show the same C&A level because you are married. 

If he uses his C&A number for his booking, he will get the points (or you will have to call later) but if you have more points than he does, it will not add to your total. 

For ex. I have more points than my husband (different family cruises in different category staterooms) but we show the same C&A level and points amount on our online accounts are the same.

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

You each earn points based on your sailings.  If his point total is higher, you would get his status

if you have 600 based on your sailings, and he has 593 based on his, and he goes without you, he would up his total to 600 and you would not gain any. 

That assumes he he is not solo in a cabin, in which he would get double points. 

• Like 4

Everyone maintains their own C&A points based on the cruises they have taken.  However spouses who share the same household will share the status of the highest spouse.  So, both spouses could have Diamond status even though one may have less than 80 points.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, siren said:

My husband is going on a bachelor party cruise without me...boo hoo.  Question is his C&A number is different from mine.  I book all our cruises with my number.  Do his points roll over and get added to the larger account?  On our way to pinnacle....

Roll over, no but assuming you each currently have the same number of points, he will earn the points on his account and your account will reflect that same number making it appear you also earned the points. The linked accounts display the points from the account with the highest point total when the two accounts don’t have the same number of points.

You cannot book a cruise you are not sailing on, with your C&A number.  You have to use his.

And when you sail together, if you only give your C&A number, you get your points, ONLY.  His points go into never never land.  But you do not get his.

So call C&A, get his number, and make sure his point total is correct.  And book him on his trip with his number.

Edited by SRF

On 8/25/2019 at 10:16 PM, SRF said:

You cannot book a cruise you are not sailing on, with your C&A number.  You have to use his.

And when you sail together, if you only give your C&A number, you get your points, ONLY.  His points go into never never land.  But you do not get his.

So call C&A, get his number, and make sure his point total is correct.  And book him on his trip with his number.

I always do the bookings and only use my number.  I guess  I will have to start to use both from now on.  Never thought about this before....

11 minutes ago, siren said:

I always do the bookings and only use my number.  I guess  I will have to start to use both from now on.  Never thought about this before....

The C&A number is not assigned to a booking, it is associated with each guest who is sailing.  Also, Royal will give credit for cruises taken in the past if those guests did not have their C&A number on record at the time.  Call C&A to have them give retroactive credit.

1. each guest has his own C&A number and account.

2. Partners (same household is sufficent, must not be married) and children under 18 can have their account linked to each other.

3. With linked accounts each family member does have the same number of points and the same status.

4. There are two kind of points - those you have earned yourself by cruising and those you have inherited from a family member. Inherited points can be consumed (or lost when kids turn 18 or partners split up in separate households - then the account only reflects the earned points but still shows the former status). "Consumed" means when your partner has some inherited points from cruises you´ve been on on your own and now cruises solo then the new earned points show up but might not add to your account. As an example you´ve been on a 7 night cruise (with another person sharing your cabin) and therfore earned 7 points making a total on your account of 170 points. Your partner will have 170 points also. Now your partner cruises (with another person sharing the cabin) on a 7 night cruise and earns 7 points. His (and your account) won´t show 177 points (meaning D+) but still stays at 170 points as your partner had 7 inherited points which are now consumed by his 7 earned points.

Sounds a little complicated.

steamboats

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

OK, so I Have 1100+ C&A points, bot only 600+ actual points. Obviously Pinnacle.  If Laura and I 'unlink' do I keep my status?

If not, do I get a free PC cruise when I get to 700 on my own?

You keep your C&A level and you would get yor own "free" cruise for two in a balcony stateroom.

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, I have to yet to see any recent report of anyone being demoted to correspond to their real points level.

35 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You keep your C&A level and you would get yor own "free" cruise for two in a balcony stateroom.

I've heard of the C&A divorce.  I need to look into that. 

Seems like a gigantic loophole

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1