Halloween cruise costume suggestions needed

Grammeee2003

On Infinity a few yrs ago, the Costumes ranged from amazingly professional looking and very creative group themes( ex,  7 dwarfs, smurfs ),  elaborately spooky to fairly casual...like our themed Halloween Tees ..   DH was popular with his "I'm only here for the BOOS!" Tee. Some just had funky Halloween themed hats...  Very fun evening... DJ deck  party first with beautifully Carved pumpkins & decor...., then continued in the club.

There was also some very creative door decor around the ship.

Have fun!

• Like 1

We're going on a Halloween cruise in a few weeks.

We picked up at the dollar store a mask - that just covers the eyes with a head piece to go along with it.

I got a plastic hockey mask.

We're working on a few others.

Remember to bring a bag of small bites candy to give away to the crew.

Curious - about what percentage of the people dressed up?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Longboysfan said:

We're going on a Halloween cruise in a few weeks.

We picked up at the dollar store a mask - that just covers the eyes with a head piece to go along with it.

I got a plastic hockey mask.

We're working on a few others.

Remember to bring a bag of small bites candy to give away to the crew.

Curious - about what percentage of the people dressed up?

Very few dressed up when we sailed on the Infinity a couple of years ago

30 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Very few dressed up when we sailed on the Infinity a couple of years ago

Our Infinity cruise was ABC Islands.Halloween in Aruba.( overnight) . 

Deck Party was  crowded, SRO.

Guess we lucked out..  so much fun, great vibe, elaborate Costumes and simpler as well.

We'd do it again,  but we have been going to a Halloween Parade at grandchild' s  pre school..another great event!

• Like 1

We have been on a  Celebrity cruise for 5 our of the past 6 Halloweens.  The first year I would estimate about 25% of passenger had costumes.  That year many of the 2 stripe officer had costumes as well.  Fast forward to 2017 and I would estimate 10% of the guests had costumes but the Senior Officers were in costumeD6F76C6B-5FD2-40B9-AEAD-A02688D13CD6.thumb.jpeg.fbfb2eef006d319bba5be43dc346744d.jpeg

• Like 1

Here's one that's easy and almost weightless to pack. Pack a large, clear trash bag and some colored balloons and a length of ribbon long enough to tie in a bow around your neck. Cut holes in the large trash bag for your legs and step in and cut holes for your arms to fit through. Blow up the balloons and put into the bag until it's full. Gather the bag around your neck and tie a bow. You are now a bag of jelly beans.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Haha 1

If balloons are an option, another one is to bring purple balloons and a green hat and go as a bunch of grapes (and hold a glass of wine).

If on the Edge, I would go as Mr Edge, the Magic Carpet or an Edenist (and go chat with people in Cafe al Bacio - sorry, I couldn't resist). 🙂

Luvcrusn & Vt  love your ideas...too cool.

Hate to burst anyone's balloon dreams...but balloons are now  the new " plastic straw menace" and on the hit list.

Some are petitioning against  popular balloon drops on ships! ..  Latex allergies

Local beaches  and towns where we live have banned balloon releases... Harmful to sea life and birds!

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Luvcrusn & Vt  love your ideas...too cool.

Hate to burst anyone's balloon dreams...but balloons are now  the new " plastic straw menace" and on the hit list.

Some are petitioning against  popular balloon drops on ships! ..  Latex allergies

Local beaches  and towns where we live have banned balloon releases... Harmful to sea life and birds!

I thought I had read that about balloons (hence I said "if an option") - latex allergies are a huge issue, so get it.

On our Flower Power cruises there is a lot of dressing up for theme nights - my favorite is the 60's TV night. Couples will dress up as Barney, Fred, Betty and Wilma or Desi and Lucy - some go as Star Trek characters or I Dream of Jeannie. The psychedelic night is very colorful!! 🙂

42 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I thought I had read that about balloons (hence I said "if an option") - latex allergies are a huge issue, so get it.

On our Flower Power cruises there is a lot of dressing up for theme nights - my favorite is the 60's TV night. Couples will dress up as Barney, Fred, Betty and Wilma or Desi and Lucy - some go as Star Trek characters or I Dream of Jeannie. The psychedelic night is very colorful!! 🙂

Sorry about the balloons...we will miss them but for the greater good!

One of our fav "costumes" are our saved 60s  now "vintage" clothing...tie dyed, hand embroidered  faded jeans and head bands,   suede boots and vests with fringe..Nothing like the real thing. Of course  some of it fits better than others but always fun!  Psychdelic colors would really look great on EDGE pool deck!

This yr...no Halloween cruise but we'll dress up a bit  for the pre school kiddie party and parade!

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Psychdelic colors would really look great on EDGE pool deck!

This yr...no Halloween cruise but we'll dress up a bit  for the pre school kiddie party and parade!

Ooh, you are right about psychedelic looking good on the Edge.

I think you guys should go to the kiddie parade dressed in your vintage hippie clothing (and please send me a picture!). 😉

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Ooh, you are right about psychedelic looking good on the Edge.

I think you guys should go to the kiddie parade dressed in your vintage hippie clothing (and please send me a picture!). 😉

Our dtr would be not happy.   Perhaps mortified,  our hippie days are long gone!

When she was much younger,  let her dress up in the stuff..loved the hippie hats!  

You gave me a great idea,,, I think maybe we will bring tie dye shirts and do a photo op with the re imagined " Iron Butterfly"  The lights up there are a bit jarring but awesome to!

Have been on cruises on Halloween in Europe and Asia. Remember the ship being decorated in some very cool ways but not many celebrating in costumes on board. It was still fun to dress up as characters- had a blast!

We will now be in NYC port on Halloween *(originally to be in Boston, Boohoo) We always dress up on Halloween cruises since it is our ANNIVERSARY...Best cruise ships for Halloween costumes are Carnival Cruise Lines...they get a perfect 10 for every idea possible. We shall see..as we now have a booked night tour while in NYC.. really messed us up big time..had plans in Boston and NYC for lunch on Nov. 2nd with cherished friends.. that's cancelled. .Maybe just a mask...not sure anything will be going on by the time we get back from the tour.  Only picked this cruise because of being in Boston ON Halloween!! Being my husband worked in NYC for 25 years, Boston was where we wanted to be. Oh well...as they say...…..happens! 

I really don't understand Celebrity's dress code for "Chic" nights that replaces Formal or Elegant nights...it boggles me that the words "designer" jeans are allowed...So, what do we do...wear the labels on the outside?  Sorry being picky but I never heard of such a dress code requirement.  They seem to be now like NCL cruise ships..

As far as the NY Manhattan Cruise doc schedules..Celebrity is STILL not registered on Oct. 31, 2019!

On 8/29/2019 at 8:53 PM, markeb said:

I was thinking cutoffs, flip flops, a wife beater, and a ball cap worn backwards...

(Sorry. The temptation was just too great!)

And you'll be dressed as a   "___________  "   cruise line cruiser.???

Fill in the blanks!

Very creative but I bet you won't get into the mdr in that....or maybe you would ?????