Ernesto burger on majestic

weluvafrica

On our last cruise, I also noticed other versions of special burgers on the DR menu.  I thought some kudos there for changing it up and not having same old plain burger every night.  Now if they could just figure out how to change up a couple of the other Always Available dishes to at least give a bit of a twist to the preparation.  Salmon for example is not only the same every night, but been the same dish for years.

Edited by steelers36

• 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, steelers36 said:

On our last cruise, I also noticed other versions of special burgers on the DR menu.  I thought some kudos there for changing it up and not having same old plain burger every night.  Now if they could just figure out how to change up a couple of the other Always Available dishes to at least give a bit of a twist to the preparation.  Salmon for example is not only the same every night, but been the same dish for years.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, steelers36 said:

Same old Salmon Yeah, but you may remember when they briefly removed Always Available Salmon a couple of years ago when they first introduced the Curtis Stone menu and everyone went absolutely crazy here on CC … 🤣

So yeah its always the same old Salmon but apparently it's still a crowd favorite (definitely not mine though)

Srpilo

This is why we skip the MDR entirely these days... when the best they have to offer is a variety on a hamburger... LOL... I will take the Crown Grill any and everyday... at least we have something to eat worth eating... 

Some pax like hamburgers for dinner and appreciate the changes.  I have not seen changed hamburgers on the always available side of the menu nor have I seen the Ernesto burger offered in the MDR at any time lunch or dinner.  The CB has revised its grill offering on the Lido deck and was offering the Ernesto burger for a price when we sailed last year on the CB.  Incidentally the menu offerings in the CG and Sabatini's never changes and can be seen on the Princess website.  Eating red meat every night with little variation is as depressing as eating a hamburger every night.  I recall the outcry when Princess took Fettuccine Alfredo off the menu.  

16 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Incidentally the menu offerings in the CG and Sabatini's never changes and can be seen on the Princess website.

They have changed the Sabatini's  & eliminated some of the better choices. (depending on the ship)

It's hardly with the extra money any longer on some ships. 😞

Edited by MissP22

27 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

They have changed the Sabatini's  & eliminated some of the better choices. (depending on the ship)

It's hardly with the extra money any longer on some ships. 😞

We are aware that they have changed it on some ships.  We tried it on our last Star sailing and found it to be good so may try it again.  The point though is that the menu never changes from sailing to sailing.  

The Ernesto burger was offered at the Salty Dog Grill earlier this month on the Caribbean Princess. It was $5 extra or $8 with a beer. I was tempted but never ordered it. They also had it a few times on the always-available side of the menu, alternating with other burgers. I was never tempted to order a burger at night. I miss having an included steak option always available. One of my tablemates paid the upcharge for the filet mignon and lobster tail combo one night. They looked pretty good (although he ordered the steak well done).

6 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We are aware that they have changed it on some ships.  We tried it on our last Star sailing and found it to be good so may try it again.  The point though is that the menu never changes from sailing to sailing.  

The items they removed are the ones we really wanted.

Oh well. I suppose they've picked up some new people along the way & lost others. 

Considering a beer costs $6-$7 then ordering it with a beer isn't a bad deal. I ordered it last year, I think it was the first time anyone ordered it, or, the server & grill people were new. It was mass confusion. I did get it eventually, it was delicious. I saw the server as I was disembarking, we looked at each other and said "ERNESTO BURGER" - - LOL.