August 25th review of the SS Minnow...I mean the Breakaway

Shoppie124

10 minutes ago, C cruise said:

Enjoyed your report and enjoyed your pleasant attitude.... I was happy to read you made the most of the extra days knowing nothing could be done about it.... when I watch the video of that enraged man I think of all the people he is getting upset (imagine his family) ... loved your pictures - loved the handstands - loved the cocktails... thanks for the detailed report!

You’re welcome!  I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Seriously great trip report.  Objective in the info, highlighted what was your opinion, etc.  My wife and I would cruise with you three any day.  High five for handling everything that was thrown at you and brushing it off.  The smoker on the plane made me LOL, because of COURSE you needed another wildcard on your trip.  

Thanks again for a great review!

34 minutes ago, Run14 said:

Seriously great trip report.  Objective in the info, highlighted what was your opinion, etc.  My wife and I would cruise with you three any day.  High five for handling everything that was thrown at you and brushing it off.  The smoker on the plane made me LOL, because of COURSE you needed another wildcard on your trip.  

Thanks again for a great review!

Thank you!  I really appreciate it!

12 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

Thank you!  Even with all the twists and turns we had a great time!

don't we wish everyone had your attitude? Thanks for filling us in and making us feel like we were part of the cruise, the good part, just because you let us live your experience thru detail. Thanks again. It makes me even more excited about our upcoming Breakaway cruise. 

Fantastic review!  Love how you rolled with everything thrown at you.  We have only been diverted once due to a hurricane, and it didn't bother us, but omg- I felt so bad for the hassle the crew went through with rude passengers who thought the captain and crew could control the weather.  Hope your daughter had a great few days back in school.

5 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

don't we wish everyone had your attitude? Thanks for filling us in and making us feel like we were part of the cruise, the good part, just because you let us live your experience thru detail. Thanks again. It makes me even more excited about our upcoming Breakaway cruise. 

You will have a blast!  Guaranteed!!!   Stop by and see Christian at Maltings!!!

4 hours ago, pe4all said:

Fantastic review!  Love how you rolled with everything thrown at you.  We have only been diverted once due to a hurricane, and it didn't bother us, but omg- I felt so bad for the hassle the crew went through with rude passengers who thought the captain and crew could control the weather.  Hope your daughter had a great few days back in school.

Like I told Bowen...  The next person who starts at you.. hand them the life ring and say land is X nautical miles that way! :classic_laugh:

Sara is glad to be back in school however since we came home we were on The Love Boat... She came home with a new "boyfriend" who lives in Orlando!  She can't wait to cruise again!!!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, pinkpanther52 said:

Fabulous review Shoppie 

What a love Adopted daughter you have. 🙂

Really enjoyed the handstand photos I remember when I was young enough to do those 🙂

Thank you!!!  She is certainly loved!  I couldn't imagine my world without her!

Her gym does a where in the world did you go at banquet.  The kids submit their handstands from their vacations.  Most people submit beach photo's...

Welcome home to western NY (I live near Rochester) and thanks for the great trip report.  I've had two cruises unexpectedly changed from hurricanes and one for a medical evac. Some people get so ugly it is shameful. We all must roll with it.  

The curious thing is I am one of those always saying "please get trip insurance." And in this case, it did not help a lot of people who had changes to their cruises that were not trip interruption or cancellation!  Very trickly but an unprecedented situation.

Oh, and the Bills are undefeated!  Woo hoo!

2 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Welcome home to western NY (I live near Rochester) and thanks for the great trip report.  I've had two cruises unexpectedly changed from hurricanes and one for a medical evac. Some people get so ugly it is shameful. We all must roll with it.  

The curious thing is I am one of those always saying "please get trip insurance." And in this case, it did not help a lot of people who had changes to their cruises that were not trip interruption or cancellation!  Very trickly but an unprecedented situation.

Oh, and the Bills are undefeated!  Woo hoo!

Thanks!!!

I am going to attempt to file a claim with my travel insurance.  We will see what happens.  I'm not out a ton of money.

GO  BILLS!!!!

5 hours ago, Travelicious said:

All those phones!

Part of me thinks this guy was grandstanding. 

Shoppie, great report.  You seem to be more like myself and instead of letting any negatives ruin the cruise, you focused more on the positives and had a great cruise.  Thanks for sharing!

On 9/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, Shoppie124 said:

A parting picture with Christian!!!!

IMG_0064.JPEG

Ah, Christian...... Our favorite Bartender EVER! What a Mixology Wizard! We have been able to catch up with him on three cruises so far, wonder if he will be staying on the Breakaway? Or moving on?

48 minutes ago, mjcatlvr said:

Ah, Christian...... Our favorite Bartender EVER! What a Mixology Wizard! We have been able to catch up with him on three cruises so far, wonder if he will be staying on the Breakaway? Or moving on?

He didn’t say when his contact was up.  He makes a killer hurricane!