GSC Status after Dorian?

*Luv2Cruz*

GSC does not require much in supplies. Each ship visiting offloads the day’s food and drink when they arrive. We assumed that getting 1000 crew members to the island would speed cleaning up of debris, repair of any damage, raking sand, and resetting thousands of loungers. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shof515 said:

The breakaway is at GSC now delivering supplies and other things .maybe Norwegian might release an update later today 

That would be nice: I wonder how many people are aware NCL donated a million dollars to Bahamas to help clean up after Dorian and help the people re-build as well as supplying food, etc?. 

• Like 2

We've skipped GSC both times we were supposed to stop there.  Never laid eyes on the place except through binoculars as we sailed right on by so i don't know how much damage could be done.  Isn't that where they were constructing a mega pool and lounge amenity only available to Haven passengers at an extra fee $$?  Regardless, without having to reprovision  the island and just offloading many things needed for the day, hopefully things were able to be tied down and secured before the storm passed.

On 9/7/2019 at 3:48 PM, Alatraveler1 said:

We've skipped GSC both times we were supposed to stop there.  Never laid eyes on the place except through binoculars as we sailed right on by so i don't know how much damage could be done.  Isn't that where they were constructing a mega pool and lounge amenity only available to Haven passengers at an extra fee $$?  Regardless, without having to reprovision  the island and just offloading many things needed for the day, hopefully things were able to be tied down and secured before the storm passed.

The same with us except we have gone there a couple of times: generally it was too windy to tender in. This has also happened to us on RCI and HAL Actually on one HAL ship some people did get to the private island for a few minutes but had to com back to the ship. We were planning on going later in the day 

42 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

The same with us except we have gone there a couple of times: generally it was too windy to tender in. This has also happened to us on RCI and HAL Actually on one HAL ship some people did get to the private island for a few minutes but had to com back to the ship. We were planning on going later in the day 

I've heard that a lot and it's disappointing regardless of the line.  ,I wish the money spent on the new Haven area would have been put towards a pier.  Not to get into an old complaint, but you don't hear DCL missing Castaway nearly as much.

• Like 1

We are batting .500 on GSC; missed it the first past and had a great day the second try.    Once ashore, it is a very relaxing beach excursion with all the food and drink you would want.  We have a large cabana reserved for our November cruise and hoping for the best. 🤓

We surely hope, sending thoughts & prayers ... natural disaster assistance are heading toward those northern Bahamas islands flatten & for all practical purposes, many parishes wiped out entirely.  Proud of the USCG to be among the first responders.  

See this article - http://bahamaspress.com/2019/09/08/the-people-of-abaco-are-really-hurt-by-the-governments-response-in-the-aftermath-of-hurricane-dorian-listen/

Basic & essential services hasn't been restored yet and telecommunications remained offline. 

Just read this online.

As scheduled, the Norwegian Sky will call on Great Stirrup Cay beginning tomorrow. The private island is open and ready to receive guests.[emoji41][emoji16][emoji3][emoji111][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, *Luv2Cruz* said:

Just read this online.

As scheduled, the Norwegian Sky will call on Great Stirrup Cay beginning tomorrow. The private island is open and ready to receive guests.emoji41.pngemoji16.pngemoji3.pngemoji111.pngemoji106.png

Posted on FB and I read it too ... Kudo to NCL for the "Double Up"  - raising its pledge/commitment to help Bahamas restore & rebuild, from $1 million originally to now $2 million. 

• Like 1