Armonia Rumors!?!

TheMettins

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Lately?  Ever since FDR came in about 3.5 years ago customer delight gets a kick every time they can squeeze out a nickel.

We have one cruisenext cert left and even as Plat Plus we will probably sell it.

Kevin Sheehan started it with getting NCLH listed and then FDR just went crazy with it! You're right on the span of time. I took a break from NCL in 2018 and returned to the Epic this June and paid a premium price for garbage. I didn't get the drinks package since I don't drink that much and a $20 premium drink which used to cost $10 just 2 years back was the part that pissed me off. I can't even have a drink without being fleeced. FDR is going to kill NCL. The only loyal cruisers they have now are drunks, who by night time are puking. It's disgusting! Sad because I helped build up NCL with word of mouth from the 2003 voyage and now it's gone to this. I see MSC as the way NCL was, starting out... with hiccups and such in service but nice ships... but MSC is privately owned (thankfully). If they go to investors, the product will go to poop!

I didn't know you could sell your CruiseNext deposits! I might do just that! I have two left. Never again will I be buying them either!

22 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

As a side note: The HAL Veendam and Celebrity Connie are both coming to Tampa. You will have lots of choices :). 

Exciting!  Competition is a good thing for us as cruisers.

I've sailed NCL once (Star EB TA in April 2018) and purchased a Cruise Next certificate that I need to use within a couple of years.  But since I'm fine in an inside cabin, the whole Haven vs YC thing isn't a concern for me.  I'll take my one free perk (drinks, thanks!) and be happy!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

I didn't know you could sell your CruiseNext deposits! I might do just that! I have two left. Never again will I be buying them either!

I'm interested in purchasing your Cruisenext. When do they expire?

NCL, like ALL cruise lines, have positive and negatives. I don't necessarily go with "only drunks" as I really don't drink that much and still enjoy NCL when it's priced right given the itinerary. NCL offered us a FABULOUS cruise through Norway on the Jade. We also really like the promenade concept on the 'away' class and like dining and visiting bars outside. I feel that MSC really could have capitalized on this with Seaside design and missed a great opportunity. IMO, just Like MSC, NCL is a budget line. Matching expectations to price paid is more likely to ensure a good time had by all.

18 hours ago, MrsMettin said:

Any thoughts on the repositioning itinerary??

https://mscfans.blog/2019/09/07/msc-armonia-new-2020-2021-winter-season-homeport/

I didn't see the exact itinerary, but the dates work nicely for a re-positioning. You probably know this, but re-positioning cruises into the USA have some glitches with customs at the embarkation port but if you can get past that, these cruises are RIPE for last minute discounts. My advice is if you like this itinerary, purchase your air now and keep an eye on inventory.

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I didn't see the exact itinerary, but the dates work nicely for a re-positioning. You probably know this, but re-positioning cruises into the USA have some glitches with customs at the embarkation port but if you can get past that, these cruises are RIPE for last minute discounts. My advice is if you like this itinerary, purchase your air now and keep an eye on inventory.

Interesting, no- I had no clue.  Guess that is why my TA thinks they will just dead-end the ship.  No itineraries have been released- just wishful thinking as I'm a 45 minute drive from Tampa & a 30 minute flight from Miami!

Edited by TheMettins
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm interested in purchasing your Cruisenext. When do they expire?

NCL, like ALL cruise lines, have positive and negatives. I don't necessarily go with "only drunks" as I really don't drink that much and still enjoy NCL when it's priced right given the itinerary. NCL offered us a FABULOUS cruise through Norway on the Jade. We also really like the promenade concept on the 'away' class and like dining and visiting bars outside. I feel that MSC really could have capitalized on this with Seaside design and missed a great opportunity. IMO, just Like MSC, NCL is a budget line. Matching expectations to price paid is more likely to ensure a good time had by all.

IMO I feel the exact opposite about the waterfront concept. I feel that MSC did it right, and that NCL frigged it up on the BA Class by making it too busy and crowded. 

28 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

IMO I feel the exact opposite about the waterfront concept. I feel that MSC did it right, and that NCL frigged it up on the BA Class by making it too busy and crowded. 

I think MSC could improve their waterfront by opening it up more to the bars and lounges.  A little bit more shade and seating would be great.  The spa needs to give up the starboard half of what they now hold.  Back at the buffet is utilized pretty well. 

But I can't imagine how crowded the waterfront will be on the refitted BA class ships with expanded Vibe and especially on Encore.  No Spice H20 combined with expanded Haven and Vibe private areas, a go cart track and laser tag all taking up most of the top decks.  Those are ships that would take some deep discounting for me to ever consider.

32 minutes ago, Até said:

I think MSC could improve their waterfront by opening it up more to the bars and lounges.  A little bit more shade and seating would be great.  The spa needs to give up the starboard half of what they now hold.  Back at the buffet is utilized pretty well. 

But I can't imagine how crowded the waterfront will be on the refitted BA class ships with expanded Vibe and especially on Encore.  No Spice H20 combined with expanded Haven and Vibe private areas, a go cart track and laser tag all taking up most of the top decks.  Those are ships that would take some deep discounting for me to ever consider.

I would not even consider a BA+ ship 

I'm not familiar with the large NCL ships, but Carnival's latest trio (Vista, Horizon and Panorama) have a good bit of outdoor seating with access to lounges and some dining areas.  I sailed Vista on the inaugural from Trieste, Italy, and other than a couple of port days in Greece and Malta, it was cool and damp.  Plus, we only had a couple of sea days.  Then, on the Horizon TA (Barcelona-NY), it was too cool to get much enjoyment out there.  I like the concept, though.  Places to sit outside that aren't pool loungers; some under cover, some exposed.  Of course, when the weather doesn't allow for use, then more pax are forced inside and since space has been allocated to outdoor seating, that means less inside for all those people trying to escape the cold or rain.

1 hour ago, UPNYGuy said:

I would not even consider a BA+ ship 

Well, the Haven on Bliss, Joy & Encore look nice, I just can't afford them anymore.  Additionally, other than the specialty restaurants and a couple shows I really don't think I want to be in the rest of the public areas of the ship so would feel confined to the Haven.

Getting back on topic, does anyone know if Armonia was going to be refurbished at the Grand Bahamas shipyard?  I've read starting with the Oasis problem then now Dorian there may be trouble.  I also read there will be worker problems because so many have left because of housing destruction.  Does getting back on track by mid November seem plausible?

On 9/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, rkacruiser said:

Why are so many of you enthusiastic about the news that MSC Armonia is going to be based in Tampa?  MSC Aromina is one of MSC's oldest vessels having being acquired when her previous owner Festival Cruises went out of business.  What is it about this vessel that would cause me to consider making a booking on her?  (And, I would like to have the experience of sailing from the Port of Tampa.)

My  wife and I were just on the Armonia and had a great time. Great staff very enjoyable.

• Like 1

Just watched a video this morning, giving the news that Armonia is coming to Tampa in November of 2020. We already have a 4 day cruise booked out of Ft. Lauderdale for November 2020, but I wanted to see if they have 2021 bookings for Armonia available, and they do.

We were getting ready to book Meraviglia just to be able to experience MSC's new private island, but really didn't want to do another 7 day on MSC for now, since we had a good experience on Divina, but a bad experience on Seaside.

So, when I found a 4 day on Armonia out of Tampa (which is only a 1 hour drive from us), it works out great. Going to Key West, and the new private island, out of a port that is close to home, on a ship that we've never been on, is the perfect opportunity.

Looks like Tampa is going to be full of ships in 2020. Not 100% sure, but looks like Celebrity Constellation, HAL Veendam, Norwegian Jade, are alsol coming to Tampa in November of 2020. Carnival Legend, Carnival Paradise, Rhapsody of the Seas, and Brilliance of the Seas is going to already be there, so it looks like cruise-filled days for Tampa. 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 7:55 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Attached is the actual itinerary for repositioning cruise.

9CCD733C-14FE-4919-848D-C90F801D59DC.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, codiejoe said:

Thank you for this clarification. For some reason I thought of a 'repositioning cruise' as coming from Europe since she is due for a dry dock and no one can drydock in the bahamas for a few years. If the repo is simply from Miami to Tampa, my comment about longer customs is not valid. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

When/where is the next refurbishment?

For some reason MSC keeps very quiet about refurbs.  Armonia has a gap in her schedule from mid Nov to Early Dec this year.  It is doing Western Caribbean itineraries before and after so suspect it was going to be at the Grand Bahamas shipyard, but I haven't found any definitive information.  Move to Tampa is November 2020.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thank you for this clarification. For some reason I thought of a 'repositioning cruise' as coming from Europe since she is due for a dry dock and no one can drydock in the bahamas for a few years. If the repo is simply from Miami to Tampa, my comment about longer customs is not valid. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21511-grand-bahama-shipyard-open-for-business-2.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Things sure do change fast! Here are several articles stating the shipyard would take years to reopen dated just two days prior to the article you supplied, from the same source! lol

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21495-cruise-lines-could-face-major-drydock-challenge-following-hurricane-damage.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, codiejoe said:

Thank you, I noticed the itineraries were released yesterday morning.  I'm in the process of booking, but finding a TA w/ group space has been harder than I thought!  Wondering if pricing will come down :classic_rolleyes:

Pricing for other lines in Tampa has always been steady, which surprised me- I know we have a large retirement community here in Tampa and surrounding areas, so my guess is it will sell fast once the word gets out.