Armonia Rumors!?!

TheMettins

Afternoon all.  Looking for some insider information!  The rumor mill is flowing... is the Armonia going into drydock then repositioning to Port Tampa Bay??  Is she being sold to a Chinese Cruise Line??  Who has the scoop? 

I personally hope she comes to Tampa...

We were told the Tampa tidbit at the Meet & Greet.  He also said that they plan to have a dozen ships sailing from North America in a few years.  I suggested that they should look at homeporting their smaller ship, Armonia Class, in ports that have size restrictions, such as Jacksonville and Baltimore which have ridge height problems...  Mobile...  I think Alaska might have been suggested.  My opinion is if they want to go to Alaska, they should build a ship specifically for outside viewing.  Armonia class have no forward views unless you are in a suite or Aurea, as the forward views would be from top13.  But she has great aft views and some side from deck 6.  EM

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheMettins said:

Afternoon all.  Looking for some insider information!  The rumor mill is flowing... is the Armonia going into drydock then repositioning to Port Tampa Bay??  Is she being sold to a Chinese Cruise Line??  Who has the scoop? 

I personally hope she comes to Tampa...

Armonia is also going into drydock in Dec. 2019. Received this info straight from an MSC official. Should be looking good for the Tampa transition.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

We were told the Tampa tidbit at the Meet & Greet.  He also said that they plan to have a dozen ships sailing from North America in a few years.  I suggested that they should look at homeporting their smaller ship, Armonia Class, in ports that have size restrictions, such as Jacksonville and Baltimore which have ridge height problems...  Mobile...  I think Alaska might have been suggested.  My opinion is if they want to go to Alaska, they should build a ship specifically for outside viewing.  Armonia class have no forward views unless you are in a suite or Aurea, as the forward views would be from top13.  But she has great aft views and some side from deck 6.  EM

Great information, thank you!

1 hour ago, SHayesShip said:

Armonia is also going into drydock in Dec. 2019. Received this info straight from an MSC official. Should be looking good for the Tampa transition.

That must be 18 Nov - 9 Dec.  Those are the only open dates in 2019.  EM

Why are so many of you enthusiastic about the news that MSC Armonia is going to be based in Tampa?  MSC Aromina is one of MSC's oldest vessels having being acquired when her previous owner Festival Cruises went out of business.  What is it about this vessel that would cause me to consider making a booking on her?  (And, I would like to have the experience of sailing from the Port of Tampa.)

36 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Why are so many of you enthusiastic about the news that MSC Armonia is going to be based in Tampa?  MSC Aromina is one of MSC's oldest vessels having being acquired when her previous owner Festival Cruises went out of business.  What is it about this vessel that would cause me to consider making a booking on her?  (And, I would like to have the experience of sailing from the Port of Tampa.)

The price. Some of the Armonia cruise deals are hard to beat.

She may be old but inside, she doesn't look it.  She's a bit smaller than the Fantasy class of Carnival, but feels much more spacious.  Lots of lounges with comfortable seating.  Good entertainment if you like music and dancing, trivia - part of the entertainment is Ahmed from Tunisia who does the trivia.  Live music except maybe the disco, but I was never there in the evening.  EM

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SailBreakaway said:

MSC is gonna shake the earth when they drop their capacity here. I can’t wait. 

Now if they can just get their IT i infrastructure and corporate support infrastructure scaled to the operation here that would be great! lol. 

It will be a welcome drop...prices have gone completely out of sight!  Hoping that the capacity increase will force the re-adjustment of all of them!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SailBreakaway said:

MSC is gonna shake the earth when they drop their capacity here. I can’t wait. 

Now if they can just get their IT i infrastructure and corporate support infrastructure scaled to the operation here that would be great! lol. 

I can't wait. NCL has gotten so full of themselves lately, MSC is likely to kick their butts in. A lot of disgruntled, formerly loyal, NCL cruisers are looking around. I loved the vibe on Seaside and it reminded me of the way NCL used to be... fun, energetic and not just after your wallet! Looking forward to a capacity drop. Hopefully they'll give the Northeast a more dedicated ship and take on NCL for the NYC / Boston market!

As for their IT, it's just about a crappy as NCLs!! lol

My first MSC cruise was in December on Divina.  Beautiful ship but too large for my tastes.  Sailed Armonia in May to Havana (one of the last sailings that called there) and really liked her.  I just prefer the more personal experience on smaller ships.  I have absolutely no need for big TV screens and multiple specialty dining venues.  I'm going back on her in 8 days because of the incredibly low fare I got (no solo supplement!!).

And I'm probably moving to the Gulf Coast within the next year.  Carnival's Legend is moving to Tampa (if she hasn't already).  I love the Spirit-class ships but if having Armonia there creates price pressure on Carnival, then I'll have two good options from that port.  And even if I don't move, airfare is considerably less for me to Tampa than to FLL or MIA.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

I can't wait. NCL has gotten so full of themselves lately, MSC is likely to kick their butts in. A lot of disgruntled, formerly loyal, NCL cruisers are looking around. I loved the vibe on Seaside and it reminded me of the way NCL used to be... fun, energetic and not just after your wallet! Looking forward to a capacity drop. Hopefully they'll give the Northeast a more dedicated ship and take on NCL for the NYC / Boston market!

As for their IT, it's just about a crappy as NCLs!! lol

Lately?  Ever since FDR came in about 3.5 years ago customer delight gets a kick every time they can squeeze out a nickel.

We have one cruisenext cert left and even as Plat Plus we will probably sell it.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, rkacruiser said:

I prefer the older smaller ships!

• Like 1