Specialty meal perks with Free @ Sea?

cebee123

Taking the 5 day Getaway cruise out of New Orleans in December. The perks shows 2 specialty dinners but I can’t tell if it’s per person or per room? 

Do I just make reservations and let the restaurant know I’m using my perks or do I have to indicate that when I make reservations somehow? 

It’s under 90 days so we want to get everything locked in ASAP.....

It's normally for the first two passengers in the cabin, at least it is on my booking which sails in 94 days.  I have booked online for the restaurants I want and since they are both "a la carte" there was no need to note that it was part of the free at sea perk.

Have  a nice trip

• Like 1

Two meals for guest 1 and 2 in your stateroom. 

You just make a regular reservations at any specialty restaurant and pay with your dining package. It will be printed on your room key.

if you can’t get the dates and times you want, you can make reservations on embarkation day as soon as you board. There are tables held for onboard booking. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

We are cruising with our kids, 5 of us total, so we have 12 dinners, 3 nights x 4 passengers, and we'll have to buy another 3 for our daughter. Or,  I'm sure my kids won't want to use them all.  Can they be used by anyone on the reservation, or does the person who they are assigned to have to use them? So like could we use the 12 for two family dinners of all five of us and then the other 2 just my husband and myself? 

Dining credits are not transferable and associated with each individual ship card. 

Without knowing the ages of your three kids you should be aware that kids can accompany you to a specialty  dining venue and order from the kids menu for no charge. If your three kids will want to dine from the specialty restaurant menu, your best option is to buy a meal plan for kiddo number three and enjoy your dining experience.

I logged into my account to book my dining as I was given a dining promo by my travel agent, and I am confused to how many specialty meals I am allowed to book.   I thought I had 3 meals for my wife and I.   However this is what I see:  ( I removed our names under "Guests")

image.png.1806ef619439a5c8636ea1625c692dc7.png

Edited by dmbcanada

1 hour ago, dmbcanada said:

I logged into my account to book my dining as I was given a dining promo by my travel agent, and I am confused to how many specialty meals I am allowed to book.   I thought I had 3 meals for my wife and I.   However this is what I see:  ( I removed our names under "Guests")

The number of dinners you get depends on the length of your cruise. If it is a 7-day cruise, you will receive three dinners each. 

As far as how many reservations you can make, you can make reservations for every night of your cruise. However, only 3 will be free with the dining package. The other dinners, you will pay out of pocket (which we do for some meals). 

On upcoming cruise for the first time we will have both Platinum specialty freebies as well as the specialty dining package.  I assume if we hand over a Platinum coupon upon arrival, they know it is a Platinum benefit. Otherwise, will they assume I want it charged to my specialty dining plan?

Yes just hand over the coupon and you should be good...

On my last cruise  I used the coupon At le Bistro just like before...well last evening we ate at la cucina...and all our SDP credits were used...

No problem they fixed it when I explained I used my platinum coupon in le Bistro...but even stranger...I dont know how this could happen...I did check the le Bistro receipt later that evening...and it clearly stated...platinum in it...I am pretty sure it did...

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

On upcoming cruise for the first time we will have both Platinum specialty freebies as well as the specialty dining package.  I assume if we hand over a Platinum coupon upon arrival, they know it is a Platinum benefit. Otherwise, will they assume I want it charged to my specialty dining plan?

Yes. For the Platinum dinners, the coupon is in your stateroom when you arrive. For the Cagney/Bistro meal, they will get the “special” wine list for your free wine. 

Mother meals, you tell them how you want to pay. Could be SDP or could be a room charge  (we’ll book and pay for a meal out of pocket above and beyond our SDP and Platinum meals). 

So I just looked on my cruise docs and it says 3 Meal Special Dining Package (promo code DINPK3) so it looks like we have 3 dinners.    I waited too long too book online and many restaurants are full or have super late times (10pm), will time slots free up?   How do I cancel/modify a reservation I made online?

14 minutes ago, dmbcanada said:

So I just looked on my cruise docs and it says 3 Meal Special Dining Package (promo code DINPK3) so it looks like we have 3 dinners.    I waited too long too book online and many restaurants are full or have super late times (10pm), will time slots free up?   How do I cancel/modify a reservation I made online?

There is only a certain percentage of reservation times available online.  You can get reservations as soon as you board.  To cancel a reservation you need to call NCL or do it as soon as you board.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:28 AM, cebee123 said:

Taking the 5 day Getaway cruise out of New Orleans in December. The perks shows 2 specialty dinners but I can’t tell if it’s per person or per room? 

Do I just make reservations and let the restaurant know I’m using my perks or do I have to indicate that when I make reservations somehow? 

It’s under 90 days so we want to get everything locked in ASAP.....

It is per person up to 2 in the cabin. as for making reservations: give the restaurant reservations  a call and don't be surprised it there are not many time slots available. They hold about 50% or more for booking after passengers are on the ship. We do it both ways. The cruise we are taking in 4 weeks we did book dining ahead of time. Normally we do it as soon as we get on the ship. 

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. For the Platinum dinners, the coupon is in your stateroom when you arrive. For the Cagney/Bistro meal, they will get the “special” wine list for your free wine. 

Mother meals, you tell them how you want to pay. Could be SDP or could be a room charge  (we’ll book and pay for a meal out of pocket above and beyond our SDP and Platinum meals). 

For our upcoming cruise on the Joy we have the 3 specialty dining perks and 2 specialty dining perks for being Platinum 

I was told the Plat specialty dining would be Cagneys and La Cucina 

On FB someone posted it is Cagneys and your choice of Q or Food Republic

Do you know what it was when you were onboard?    Thx 

1 hour ago, LaCal said:

For our upcoming cruise on the Joy we have the 3 specialty dining perks and 2 specialty dining perks for being Platinum 

I was told the Plat specialty dining would be Cagneys and La Cucina 

On FB someone posted it is Cagneys and your choice of Q or Food Republic

Do you know what it was when you were onboard?    Thx 

Cagney’s/Le Bistro (with bottle of wine) 

La Cucina/Q/Food Republic Credit (I think it was $25). 

If you want to eat free in Food Republic, use the SDP which is 4 dishes (which is enough for 2 people). The $25 platinum credit will get you less than 2 dishes. 

• Like 1