HAL "Indulgences" Website ARHHHH!

julia

I am seriously sooo frustrated right now, that I just want to SCREAM!!

Yes.... I get it that the HAL cruise line website is flawed, but this is ridiculous.  I've spent twenty minutes, searching my booking, and cannot find the SBP drink package!  It's only showing the "ELITE PACKAGE" under Indulgences.  What the heck??

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, julia said:

I am seriously sooo frustrated right now, that I just want to SCREAM!!

Yes.... I get it that the HAL cruise line website is flawed, but this is ridiculous.  I've spent twenty minutes, searching my booking, and cannot find the SBP drink package!  It's only showing the "ELITE PACKAGE" under Indulgences.  What the heck??

I agree they don't make it easy.  In the mentioned "ELITE PACKAGE" I clicked on the photo, not the dark blue shopping cart box and a list of packages, liquors, wines appeared, including SBP.

On 9/26/2019 at 7:08 PM, dag144 said:

You can always call HAL.  I did this once even though I had booked my cruise with an on line agent.  The HAL agent was very helpful.

Thanks for confirming that HAL is a good source for info on "things HAL" and that the HAL agent was very helpful.  Newbies (to CC and to HAL) can be mislead by the frequent negative Posts indicating that HAL is the worst source for info on HAL matters and/or that HAL reps are incompetent or willfully non-helpful.  So it's refreshing to see a positive Post about HAL and its reps.

I was able to figure out how to buy a wine package for our upcoming cruise.  I noticed it said that gratuities are included in the price.  I am wondering what I have to do, if anything to get the 50% 5-star discount.  Here are the details:  The 4-bottle package was $171.35.  Minus the 15% gratuity the cost is $145.65.  Take half of that ($72.83) and add the 15% gratuity ($25.70)  and the cost should be $98.63.  Not bad for 4 bottles delivered to your table.  Can I expect HAL to automatically charge my credit card the discounted price, or will I have to deal with them at the front desk on board?

Ray

2 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Can I expect HAL to automatically charge my credit card the discounted price, or will I have to deal with them at the front desk on board?

Check your account after a couple of days aboard to see if there is a 'Loyalty Discount' in the amount of $72.83 on there. If so, you are good. If not, time for a trip to the Front Desk. 
Personally, I would have waited until I was aboard the ship to place the order. If done then, the discount would be applied with no problem. 

4 hours ago, RuthC said:

Check your account after a couple of days aboard to see if there is a 'Loyalty Discount' in the amount of $72.83 on there. If so, you are good. If not, time for a trip to the Front Desk. 
Personally, I would have waited until I was aboard the ship to place the order. If done then, the discount would be applied with no problem. 

Thanks, Ruth.  That is just what I needed to know.  You are right about ordering aboard, but when you have a couple of months before the next cruise, you need to do something at home to get into the "cruise mood".

• Like 2

Is the 15% gratuity based on the original price or the discounted price. In a restaurant the tip is supposed to be based on the non-discounted price. I still don’t agree with the whole premise that the tip is based on the purchase amount but I know I will lose the argument. 

DD

5 hours ago, DoggyDaddy said:

Is the 15% gratuity based on the original price or the discounted price. In a restaurant the tip is supposed to be based on the non-discounted price. I still don’t agree with the whole premise that the tip is based on the purchase amount but I know I will lose the argument. 

DD

It is based on the original price.  So if you get a 50% discount you are paying a 30% gratuity on what you paid, but a 15% gratuity on the listed price.  Makes sense if you want the servers to get a fair deal.

• Like 1

I am having the same problem of not finding any wine packages for our forthcoming Zaandam cruise this December.  I found it once, but it now has disappeared again.  Should I now look under "Activities?"  Would not have thought of that.  I also have to call HAL for dinner reservations.  They cannot be made, at least for this cruise, online.

Edited by Tampa Girl
Misspelling.

53 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

I am having the same problem of not finding any wine packages for our forthcoming Zaandam cruise this December.  I found it once, but it now has disappeared again.  Should I now look under "Activities?"  Would not have thought of that.  I also have to call HAL for dinner reservations.  They cannot be made, at least for this cruise, online.

Don't feel bad, the website is certainly not intuitive.  Here is how I get there: 1.  Manage my bookings.  2. Book Gifts and Indulgences.  3.  Packages.  4.  Indulgences Home.  You would think "Packages" would include wine packages, but it doesn't.  You have to notice the small print on the left and click on "Indulgences Home" to get there.

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

You will find whatever need under "cruise activities."  When you click on that link, an assortment comes up, including specialty dining, dining packages, spa, gifts and indulgences, and beverages.  Try that and you should be able to book your dining.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 8:26 AM, julia said:

Thx for the replies...  I finally found the SBP, but it wasn't easy.  The website terminology is silly and misleading.  It's listed with "activities"....  since when is a drink package an activity?? 😅

On 9/27/2019 at 9:42 AM, kevingastreich said:

I've been known to turn it into one.

LOL -- 'Elbow Bends' are the only exercise that some folks get, on the whole cruise! 😜

10 hours ago, shudie said:

My TA emailed us with some extra bonuses including the drinks package and Pinnacle Grill dinner etc. Will I find these as above? I can't see any of these on my HAL booking. 

If these were provided by HAL (and I suspect they are), they are on page 2 of the HAL booking confirmation which you should have received when you booked and/or made final payment showing paid in full.

If they are from your TA, they don’t show anywhere.  Bring your TA’s email with you.  I’ve never had a problem with my TA’s OBC appearing on my onboard statement but I always have the email “in case”.