Oasis of the Seas Cozumel

blueridgemama

20 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

What pier in Cozumel does Oasis of the Seas dock at?

I'm looking for suggestions for excursions in Cozumel. Any recommendations or should I just do a beach day? Any favorite beach days?

Thanks

International Pier.

Nachi Cocum.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I'm looking for suggestions for excursions in Cozumel. Any recommendations or should I just do a beach day? Any favorite beach days?

Thanks

Lots of posts about this on the Port of Call forum.  I heard great things about Nachi Cocum there, so I booked that.

14 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Mr. Sanchos is excellent!  You cannot book via the cruise line.  A great all inclusive beach resort- good food-great service.  We go anytime in Cozumel.

My friends might go there- do you recommend they make reservations in advance?  Does it sell out, like Nachi?

6 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Has anyone done the Cozumel Bar Hop? If so how was it?

We also have heard lots of good things about it.  That said there were six of us a couple of years ago and we just hired a taxi and driver for 3 hours and he took us over to the other side and we did our own private bar hop at our own pace.  Lots of fun

1 hour ago, jaminvermont said:

Yes - It was a lot of fun. Very well done and you get to see "the other side". We have it scheduled for December. I would suggest going to their website and checking it out.

Judi

I've watched some utube videos and noted that people were just sitting in chairs drinking or eating-not that there's anything wrong with that😊 Do you have enough time to walk on the beach and explore the areas?

34 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I've watched some utube videos and noted that people were just sitting in chairs drinking or eating-not that there's anything wrong with that😊 Do you have enough time to walk on the beach and explore the areas?

Last time we did it you had about an hour at each stop, so I'd say yes to your question. Coconuts was nuts. The first stop has changed since we went. It looks really nice and has a lovely pool.

10 minutes ago, jaminvermont said:

Last time we did it you had about an hour at each stop, so I'd say yes to your question. Coconuts was nuts. The first stop has changed since we went. It looks really nice and has a lovely pool.

Not sure how long ago you went. The first stop is Punta Morena and they have been going there for many years. The third stop has changed from Playa Bonita to El Pescador.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Has anyone done the Cozumel Bar Hop? If so how was it?

We have done it several times. It is very well organized. You get about 45 mins at each stop and are free to sit with the group eating and drinking, or explore at leisure.

Lots of reviews on port of call board for this and many of the popular beach clubs.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/131-cozumel/

we have also hired a private driver as suggested by someone else. We use ToursPlaza (many times) and have always had good communications. The Bar Hop and private driver are both good methods to see the “east side” away from the tourists and depends on if you want to be part of a group or be in charge if your own itinerary and schedule. Either way remember there is no electricity on east side and you need cash, no credit cards.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:40 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I would definately book in advance.  So much nicer then Nachi.  We went their one cruise and it was a real disappointment.

What did you dislike about Nachi?  We have it booked for Feb.  DH and I are looking for quiet AI, with shady beachside loungers.

Edited by vacationlover_mn

On 10/5/2019 at 7:53 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

What did you dislike about Nachi?  We have it booked for Feb.  DH and I are looking for quiet AI, with shady beachside loungers.

When we were their, we were seated on very old broken plastic chairs- poor wait staff service and the menu choices weren't nearly as varied at Mr. Sanchos.  The pool was small and dirty.  Yes less people, but many less facilities and options. We travel as two adults and sometimes with family.  Overall, Mr. Sanchos IMO a much better choice.