LAX ARRIVAL; SWA to cruise terminal

jdc987

Departing Oct 11 from San Pedro,  we are arriving SWA about 8 am and debating transportation with Uber(LYFT) or NCL bus.  Anyone have recent experience with this terminal, traffic, service, etc. to the NCL cruise terminal drop off point. 

Thank you..

If you take the NCL motor coach Transfer your luggage maybe handled better with less struggle than

hauling it out to the taxi/cab stand at the airport and then from where the taxi drops you off to the

porter check-in area at the port.

Check and see if NCL will tag your luggage at the airport to take it directly on board the ship and to

your stateroom door - remember to keep check-in (eDocs) passports medicines valuables and perhaps

a change of more cruise comfortable clothing in your carry on.

Taking a private mode of transport to the cruise port maybe faster - but not any better if you have to

wait to check-in and board your ship. The flow with the NCL Transfer service maybe better since NCL

will have a crew waiting to handle the bus loads of guests expected.

Cost isn't everything and although waiting is not desired consider all the aspects of getting on board

with the least amount of stress.

Further comments from Readers - - -  

Edited by don't-use-real-name

5 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

ISnip.....

Check and see if NCL will tag your luggage at the airport to take it directly on board the ship and to

your stateroom door - r

Every time I took the NCL shuttle they unload the bags on the dock so you can make sure your bags made it from the airport.  (and most likely to entice you to tip).  I've never seen them tag bags at the airport.

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

You will get there quicker with uber instead of waiting for the bus to fill.

When I used the NCL transfer in April (from LAX to San Pedro) they loaded only a portion of the bus at each terminal, by the time the bus had stopped outside baggage claim at each terminal it was full.  They did not wait for a full bus from each location before calling in the bus to move that group to the pier.

7 hours ago, TheDuckmom said:

Make sure to tell your Uber or Lyft driver to take you to the World Cruise Center in SAN PEDRO  off of Swinford St., not Long Beach. Not everyone cares to remember where each cruise line sails from

The difference here is you want to be at the port of Los Angeles (SAN PEDRO)

with the USS Battleship Iowa on museum display !

NOT at the port of Long Beach with the Queen Mary and the geodesic dome terminal structure.

These two locations are about 5 or so miles apart LINK MAP:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7484084,-118.2329449,6888m/data=!3m1!1e3

left center location BB Iowa ----- right center locate Queen Mary

23 hours ago, jdc987 said:

Departing Oct 11 from San Pedro,  we are arriving SWA about 8 am and debating transportation with Uber(LYFT) or NCL bus.  Anyone have recent experience with this terminal, traffic, service, etc. to the NCL cruise terminal drop off point. 

Thank you..

Thanks to everyone for their input, the information is very helpful.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:03 AM, jdc987 said:

Thank you..

I did the Pacific Coastal cruise in April, arriving on SW about 8am also (terminal 1).  Unlike I normally do, I decided to make my decision once I got there.  There were NCL agents right outside the baggage claim and I spoke to them about getting to the port.  It was only $20 and since it was just me, it was super simple.  They added my name to the manifest, with my cabin number, and billed me onboard. The pickup was at terminal 2, which was a very short walk.  Headed down there, grabbed a Starbucks and relaxed.  They were waiting for 2 more flights so about 9am I met up with the NCL agents in that terminal, they led me over to the group that was waiting and we started boarding the bus at 9:30.  Made a round trip of the airport to some other terminals for passengers and were on our way.  Was on the Bliss just after 11am.  I have taken Super Shuttle on prior trips but this time was really fun being with a group all excited to start their cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:03 AM, jdc987 said:

Thank you..

We usually take Supper Shuttle from LAX to the ship or take Bell Transfers. Both are reliable and not too pricey. I would get on line and book ahead of time. 

If you are on the NCL bus the ship waits for you if there were to be a delay of any kind.  Not so for any other mode of transportation

4 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Always something to consider. 

The NCL ship will wait for the NCL chartered bus - "BUT" will the NCL chartered bus wait for the delayed airline ???

Always something (more) to consider - - -

On 9/27/2019 at 8:03 AM, jdc987 said:

Thank you..

I live here and use LAX a lot (unfortunately. lol).   I'm sure any of those options will be fine; however, the worst part right now is getting out of LAX.  It is always bad getting out of LAX; however, right now there is construction on the upper level creating even more of a problem.  

With that said, 8am at LAX is probably one of the best times!  October 11th is a Friday, so you will expect traffic on the freeways.  I would collect your luggage, call the Uber/Lyft and get down to the San Pedro Port.  If you call the Uber at 8:45, you should expect to reasonably arrive around 9:45.