Almost "Diamond"

49 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

RC provides transportation from port to port on certain high volume cruises.  Not an everyday thing.

Thanks, nice to know.  I  called them on two different occasions for some transportation and both times was told no. Both cruises were several years ago. 

Another call was for a side-by-side in Port Canaveral and we needed to get from the old terminal to the new terminal. (Got off freedom got on explorer ).  RCCL told me  the ships were side-by-side and I could just simply walk from one to the other.   Not!    Closer to swim across the water than to walk all the way over that drawbridge.   

M

3 hours ago, willtr03 said:

I tried this on our cruise and would not recommend it. We signed up and payed the $30 per person for the port transfer on Majesty. Was told a certain time to meet someone at curbside (said they would have someone with our name on a board). Once we got off at that time no one was around. None of the royal people doing transfers had any idea we needed a transfer and didn't have any shuttles going to the next port. We got the run around from a bus driver for a while and after not getting any answers we just took an uber. Wish we would have done that from the get go. 

Yes, that is what I meant. I know we don't get in the room any earlier, I was just referring to the paperwork and such (side note, we were not going to D+, just emerald level but same concept, wont be diamond until after our next cruise). 

No, I was trying for a freebie, which they had done in the past.  Probably doing Uber/Lyft.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:19 AM, mac_tlc said:

If you have a deadline, and I-95 is acting like I-95, it can be an unpleasant ride—- even in the back seat. 

mac_tlc

I learned to always take the express lanes.  I only got burned once when a bike wiped out and  they closed/blocked them with us in them.

37 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

I learned to always take the express lanes.  I only got burned once when a bike wiped out and  they closed/blocked them with us in them.

The express lanes are what caused me to hate that drive.  Silly me thought that if I was in the leftmost regular lane, with only the express lanes to my left, I only had to worry about the crazy Miami drivers on my right side. The car in the express lane next to me drove right over the dividers and across three lanes of traffic to get to an exit, barely missing my car.  Haven’t felt safe on that stretch of road since then.

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Miami does not have idiot driver market cornered.

No, but I had been sheltered in SW Florida for 17 years and Miami was the biggest, scariest place I ever drove. I will probably never get to cruise on the Ovation or Anthem because just thinking about driving in NY or NJ terrifies me 😂

13 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

No, but I had been sheltered in SW Florida for 17 years and Miami was the biggest, scariest place I ever drove. I will probably never get to cruise on the Ovation or Anthem because just thinking about driving in NY or NJ terrifies me 😂

You don't need to drive to/through NY to get on Cape Liberty. Otherwise it is just a highway. Nothing scary.

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

New, yes, but don't see anything strange about it, especially as it will be limited to the winter season.

Don't get me wrong. I like Anthem. Will be on her for this Thanksgiving for the 4th time.

It has everything needed to sail out of Northeast at colder time. Great indoor pool. Solarium.

Sportplex.

However when I sail out of Florida (PE for example) I want to have ships with extended open air areas. For RCI it is basically any other classes except for Quantum.

Edited by Tatka

8 minutes ago, Tatka said:

For RCI it is basically any other classes except for Quantum.

You make it sounds as if Q class has no open air areas - I think you may have a minority view. The Odyssey premium would say that there are plenty of folks who like sailing from PE on a Q class ship.

Just now, Biker19 said:

You make it sounds as if Q class has no open air areas - I think you may have a minority view. The Odyssey premium would say that there are plenty of folks who like sailing from PE on a Q class ship.

Much less outdoor space actually. I am not comparing it to Oasis class, but just compare Quantum and Voyager/Freedom classes.

Will Quantum class have open sports deck? No. No miniature golf, large size rock climbing wall, etc.

Large outdoor pool deck (adequate to number of pax)? Solarium is my favorite place on Anthem, but even with open windows it is extremely hot during summers.

Outside promenade? Not really except for bits and pieces.

So yes. People like to try a new ship from PE, because of new things like Two70, NorthStar, IFly etc, but I am not sure they realize other specifics. Maybe Odessa will be completely different?

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

The express lanes are what caused me to hate that drive.  Silly me thought that if I was in the leftmost regular lane, with only the express lanes to my left, I only had to worry about the crazy Miami drivers on my right side. The car in the express lane next to me drove right over the dividers and across three lanes of traffic to get to an exit, barely missing my car.  Haven’t felt safe on that stretch of road since then.

It gets worse late night, when they're racing their little sports cars like I 95 is a Formula 1 course.

I live west out by the everglades half way between PE and POM. PE is a no brainer, I 595 and in 20 minutes and I'm there. If I have to go to POM I will go out of my way and pay the tolls just to avoid driving on I 95. It doesn't matter what day of the week or what time of the day.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, ATC cruiser said:

I’ve flown into MCO, stayed overnight at my parents house in Melbourne FL, then drove the next morning to Port Everglades. I’ve done this 3 or 4 times, not a problem. I just leave plenty of time

Worse is the drive from Orlando to Port Everglades or Miami and back.  Did that a few times since we are theme parks enthusiasts.  Flying 11k+ miles roundtrip we try to do multiple things in Florida.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:11 PM, John&LaLa said:

No stranger than Explorer in Alaska 

Wholeheartedly agree. Or Adventure to Canada/NE unless it is Summer., but Adventure at least also makes runs to Bahamas.

Although maybe when Explorer was sent to Alaska RCI just did not have good candidate for this itinerary. However it seems like Odyssey will be sent to Florida on purpose.