How far out have you booked

fredflint

Truly an interesting discussion. Enjoy reading everyone’s ideas on when to book a cruise. I don’t cruise a lot so I am always learning on Cruise Critic. I recently booked a partial transit Panama cruise for Dec 2020. I booked early because of the itinerary. Only 409 days to go. 

Edited by Rncath11
  • Like 1

Our longest lead in is our current one, to south America/Antarctica in Jan, which we booked 20 months out, as soon as it became available. It seemed a long way away at the time but we have enjoyed looking forward to it and doing lots of homework for it!

Booked for April & May of 2021 and those cruises are almost sold out.  Only a few cabins left.  I'm anxiously awaiting Oct. of 2021 itineraries to come out.  I've found that the best prices are the minute the new itineraries open for most of my sailings in our particular category and itinerary so that's why I book so far in advance.  

On 10/25/2019 at 9:15 PM, Rncath11 said:

Truly an interesting discussion. Enjoy reading everyone’s ideas on when to book a cruise. I don’t cruise a lot so I am always learning on Cruise Critic. I recently booked a partial transit Panama cruise for Dec 2020. I booked early because of the itinerary. Only 409 days to go. 

I just booked a partial transit Panama Canal cruise for December 2019. Just 43 days to wait! I'm taking a guaranteed inside cabin because location doesn't matter to me. It will be my second time going solo while DH stays home to work. Princess had an irresistible deal--free airfare. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Booked for April & May of 2021 and those cruises are almost sold out.  Only a few cabins left.  I'm anxiously awaiting Oct. of 2021 itineraries to come out.  I've found that the best prices are the minute the new itineraries open for most of my sailings in our particular category and itinerary so that's why I book so far in advance.  

We've already booked for an Oct 29, 2021 Med cruise.  

Edited by Alaskanb
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, fredflint said:

First time we have ever had 2 cruises booked at the same time one is just over a year to go the other is 

777 Days Until Departure 

Can't even start a  Roll call 🙂

671 Days Out as of today and the room category we wanted was almost ALL GONE !  

Just now, ProfMHC said:

Always stay on Caribe on Royal class ships but only Baja was open for booking .....figured why not? Same view....just one deck higher! 

We usually do as well, but this time we booked one deck lower; we're in a BA midship balcony on Dolphin.  

Finding we are booking further out now-

I am def a plan ahead person and we like to have everything paid before we travel-

makes it much more relaxing!!

Edited by cmerun
Typo

On 10/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, Kingofcool1947 said:

Just off the Crown, and placed FCD’s on 10 cruises for 2020 using FCD’s as “placeholders”.   Locked in suites and the best location IMO on ships.   For me it’s Midship.   I’ll probably just do 3 or 4

in 2020, and let the other bookings expire before final payment is due.  Refundable FCD is a great deal IMO😀

Do you think it's fair to hold up cabins that you don't plan on using when someone else may want those cabins?

i agree if people keep booking multiple rooms and then cancel then princess will become like royal and only offer non refundable fares.  It is nice not having to commit 800 bucks 2 years away, but I am planning on taking the cruise and at this point I am Always checking to see if anyone has cancelled.

Depends on what I find for where I want to go.  The date is not particularly important, but the itinerary is.  I search for where we want to cruise, and pick the best price.  That's usually a year out, but recently I've booked a month in advance, and cancelled on a year ahead.  We got double the nights for the same price. 

I keep my signature updated with our future cruises, which go out to March 2021 right now.