What is your favorite aspect for cruising

RocHed11

8 minutes ago, clo said:

We go to Absolute Bagels on Broadway and 108th in Manhattan and bring home a couple of dozen.  Slice in half,wrap in plastic wrap, into zipping bags and freeze

I never heard of Absolute Bagels because I very rarely have been up that way.I worked on Broadway and 90 St. but that was the furthest I went on a regular basis.I almost never ate bagels from a store in Manhattan .

1 hour ago, clo said:

Do you don't do any land-only trips?

Our land trips have always been to visit family in central Canada (Saskatchewan). We have been to Hawaii twice, one for just a land trip and one prior to a cruise.  

We have only done an all inclusive once, will try again and hopefully not break my foot this time. 😃

3 minutes ago, kdkstormy said:

Our land trips have always been to visit family in central Canada (Saskatchewan). We have been to Hawaii twice, one for just a land trip and one prior to a cruise.  

We have only done an all inclusive once, will try again and hopefully not break my foot this time. 😃

What about Europe?  Pretty easy.

PS:  When you do AI, do you then leave the property for local food, hanging with the locals, etc.

Edited by clo

2 hours ago, clo said:

We go to Absolute Bagels on Broadway and 108th in Manhattan and bring home a couple of dozen.  Slice in half,wrap in plastic wrap, into zipping bags and freeze

What you REALLY should do is get everyone you know to invest in a start-up bakery where you live.  Bagels really are not that complex to make - but they do not lend themselves to mass production a la Lenders— nor do they freeze well. 

Our best bread comes from a local Italian restaurant - the problem is I can never get a loaf home intact - the smell, in a closed car, is irrestible, and I always wind up tearing a chunk off to eat on the way home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clo said:

Why didn't you do the cooking then?

I met a 'stonewall' of bitter silence IF I ENVEN mentioned plugging in the stove and cooking for a change. She'd come up with some lame excuse about 'it'll heat up the kitchen, or I'll HAVE too do the dishes, (Yeah, like HER hands would touch dishwater ! LOLLLL) blah, blah,..' (you can see where her attitude was headed). SO I just got tired of beating my head against the marriage WALL. Besides her Dad gave her a plat AMEX card for dinner expenses saying HE would pick up the bill !! I figured, 'What tha heck'. I really did get sick of eating out EVERY night though.

Mac

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

nor do they freeze well. 

Since we toast them the results is super.  And, despite testimony otherwise, it's got to be the water.  I've never had a non-NYC bagel that could come close.

1 hour ago, SmoothFlying said:

I met a 'stonewall' of bitter silence IF I ENVEN mentioned plugging in the stove and cooking for a change. She'd come up with some lame excuse about 'it'll heat up the kitchen, or I'll HAVE too do the dishes, (Yeah, like HER hands would touch dishwater ! LOLLLL) blah, blah,..' (you can see where her attitude was headed). SO I just got tired of beating my head against the marriage WALL. Besides her Dad gave her a plat AMEX card for dinner expenses saying HE would pick up the bill !! I figured, 'What tha heck'. I really did get sick of eating out EVERY night though.

Mac

That's why she's your ex-wife.  Yuck.

14 hours ago, kdkstormy said:

That is our bucket list to do one day.  

You are far more likely to be able to cruise way beyond when you can do independent travel in Europe so you may want to rearrange your list )

On 10/18/2019 at 7:59 PM, Mike981 said:

I truly prefer to sail WITH sails. Unfortunately since I have gotten hearing aids it is rather uncomfortable. Think of wearing earbuds and the sound of someone blowing into a microphone all day directly in your ear.

I miss ourt sailboat.

About 3 - 5 days a year. 😄

On 10/19/2019 at 12:10 AM, clo said:

Since we toast them the results is super.  And, despite testimony otherwise, it's got to be the water.  I've never had a non-NYC bagel that could come close.

It is like sour dough.  The best comes from SF.  Others may be good, but not the same.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SRF said:

It is like sour dough.  The best comes from SF.  Others may be good, but not the same.

We've felt that SF sourdough has seriously declined.  In Truckee (about three hours from SF) there's a super SD that our SF daughter used to ask us to bring her.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:11 PM, kdkstormy said:

Only problem with some of the all inclusive resorts is there huge sometimes it a walk of over a mile to get to some restaurants etc. 

On

unpack

do as much or as little as I please

differnt waterfront location every day

most of all relax with the one I love totally disconnected to all the calls and emails that still come on land no matter what I try,

• Like 2

We started Cruising because we own a business and there was very restricted  phone/internet service so we could truly get away from work for a set time. Now, it is easier to use wifi and cell service on the ship but is still limited. Cruising helps us to cut off the real world and just relax for a set time. 

4 minutes ago, George C said:

No, some resorts have little shuttles to get from one place to another, some do not. This would not be a issue on some smaller resorts.  

Yet another reason I'd never do one.  Thanks.