Some questions about embarkation day on Harmony

DH & I will soon be on Harmony for the first time. We were on Oasis last Dec and loved it, especially the SL and CK. We want to have lunch in CK on embarkation day but now I’m wondering how we can do this if we don’t get our sea pass cards until the cabins are open at 1:00. Does the concierge open the door so we can show our paper sea pass? 

Also, does Harmony use the WOW bands? When do we purchase these? Any thoughts on whether they are better than the sea pass card?

Thanks!

On the Harmony, The door to Coastal Kitchen will be wide open for lunch on embarkation day as almost no one has their room key prior to 1:00pm.  Star Class can enter their rooms right away and get their set sail pass.  The Suite Lounge door may be closed but the Coastal side should be open.

Since the door to Coastal is open, it’s also a good time for Junior Suites to make dinner reservations at that time.  Junior Suites can eat dinner only in Coastal on a space available basis.  Usually dinner times after 8:00pm have more availability.

On our September Harmony Cruise, we couldn’t make Coastal reservations for the entire  week on embarkation day, we had to wait two days to make reservations for days 3 to 7.

If you are in a full Suite, your concierge should be able to make reservations prior to your boarding.

I liked the WOW band on sea days.  I didn’t have to wonder where to put the card, I have found the printing can come off if you get in the hot tubs.  Remember that they aren’t usable to get on or off the ship, you must use the card even at Coco Cay.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Harmony does use the WOW bands, and if you are in a suite, they should be in your cabin. 

we are in an AT but not Star Class, would be nice though!

1 hour ago, loudbmw said:

On the Harmony, The door to Coastal Kitchen will be wide open for lunch on embarkation day as almost no one has their room key prior to 1:00pm.  Star Class can enter their rooms right away and get their set sail pass.  The Suite Lounge door may be closed but the Coastal side should be open.

If you are in a full Suite, your concierge should be able to make reservations prior to your boarding.

Great! I have got DH excited about having lunch in CK on 1st day so I’m very glad to know we won’t have a problem!

1 hour ago, ATG said:

I liked the WOW band on sea days.  I didn’t have to wonder where to put the card, I have found the printing can come off if you get in the hot tubs.  Remember that they aren’t usable to get on or off the ship, you must use the card even at Coco Cay.

Good to know about needing card to leave the ship. I will probably get one to try it out. DH probably won’t. 😉

I liked the Wow Band when I was on Harmony. I wear a lanyard for work and do not like them. Sometimes I am wearing something without pockets. I didn't always use the band, but I was glad to have it.  It was only 5 bucks and I think of it as a cheap souvenir. 

9 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

I liked the Wow Band when I was on Harmony. I wear a lanyard for work and do not like them. Sometimes I am wearing something without pockets. I didn't always use the band, but I was glad to have it.  It was only 5 bucks and I think of it as a cheap souvenir. 

What's a wow band and where to buy it? 

7 hours ago, NoseWhistle said:

What's a wow band and where to buy it? 

If you are familiar with Disney Magic Bands, it is similar.  It's a "bracelet" for lack of a better definition.  You are not able to get on and off the ship with it.  But you can use it to get into your cabin, buy items/drinks, and get into the shows on Oasis class. I don't like lanyards and I don't like fumbling around looking for my SeaPass card. The Wow band worked for me. I didn't use it all the time, but it came in handy when I did.  When I was on Harmony, Guest Services said that they were out. But then I was walking down the Promenade and was able to buy them at Boleros, I think.  There was a table full of them.  So if you want to give a Wow band a try, check both places.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:01 AM, loudbmw said:

Since the door to Coastal is open, it’s also a good time for Junior Suites to make dinner reservations at that time.  Junior Suites can eat dinner only in Coastal on a space available basis.  Usually dinner times after 8:00pm have more availability.

On our September Harmony Cruise, we couldn’t make Coastal reservations for the entire  week on embarkation day, we had to wait two days to make reservations for days 3 to 7.

We had a B2B in October and Pinnacle and JS  could only make reservations one day at a time for the first week. We were  able  to get a reservation for every night but only ate in CK 3 times the first week.  We ate in San Juan one night,  specialty , and MDR)  They gave us a standing reservation for the second week.  We wanted  a reservation for anytime after 7 PM and that seemed to be a good time for them.   There were  many families, especially on the second week ( must  been some sort of fall break) and CK was crowded early.

Seems they did their best to accommodate everyone.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

All colors - just random.  Sometime we both get the same color so we go to Guest Services to switch one. Or, if we get a white (or yellow) we can write a  name  on one.   

Tulsacoker - I think you are on to something!  Some care about the card  color or C&A  status/suite indication on the sea pass card,  so "status" bands  might be a good seller.   Don't gave RCCL more ideas to charge fees!  :classic_smile:

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

33 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

All colors - just random.  Sometime we both get the same color so we go to Guest Services to switch one. Or, if we get a white (or yellow) we can write a  name  on one.   

Tulsacoker - I think you are on to something!  Some care about the card  color or C&A  status/suite indication on the sea pass card,  so "status" bands  might be a good seller.   Don't gave RCCL more ideas to charge fees!  :classic_smile:

M

I want a gold band😁😇

On 10/22/2019 at 8:59 AM, MalteseMama2 said:

Good to know about needing card to leave the ship. I will probably get one to try it out. DH probably won’t. 😉

They are gratis for suite guests.  You both should have one waiting in your ATS.