Are table designations on Medallions

andrek

Hello,

We are boarding with our adult kids and their spouses and want to know how we can confirm we are seated together other than waiting to check in our rooms. Is it possible it will be on one of the medallion websites ahead of time? I am asking because originally they did not link our reservations and I am concerned we will be at different tables.

Thanks for any help.

Andrea

No way to tell until you are on board. 

It would be the same with a medallion cruise or cruise card, you find out on board. The only difference being your cruise card states dining assignment and Medallion does not.  They leave you a card in your cabin to let you know. 

5 minutes ago, waltd said:

Not entirely correct about the cruise card.   The card does state Dining Room and Table number.

Oh Right.... Just dining room

Wait, now your are confusing me. lol

Yes, that's what I said. The card tells table, the medallion does not

Edited by jennybenny

Just now, jennybenny said:

That's what I said.  🙂  "The only difference being the cruise card says your table assignment and the medallion does not" 😉 

Sorry but it was not clear to me.  Sounded like you were saying the card only states your dining room not table number.  Opps! me bad....

9 hours ago, andrek said:

I am asking because originally they did not link our reservations and I am concerned we will be at different tables.

Unless you are only a few days from embarkation, it is not too late to call your TA (or Princess if you booked directly with them) to have them link your reservations.

Thank you all for your help. I have been able to link the reservations. I just don't know if we will end up with a table for 6 or if there will be more people. I will call my TA and request a table for six once again. 

Andrea

2 hours ago, andrek said:

Thank you all for your help. I have been able to link the reservations. I just don't know if we will end up with a table for 6 or if there will be more people. I will call my TA and request a table for six once again. 

Andrea

And that is what it is, a request. It may or may not be honored.

However, with the reservations for the six of you linked, changes are you will have a table just for six.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:30 PM, cruisingberger said:

When we were on the Medallion cruise we didn't know the table until we got to the room. There was a little card on the desk that stated the table number and dining room. Bring it to the dining room with you. They will ask to see it when you arrive the first night.

So making and printing and delivering approx 1800 cards---how did that eliminate paper?

On 10/28/2019 at 5:38 PM, andrek said:

Hello,

We are boarding with our adult kids and their spouses and want to know how we can confirm we are seated together other than waiting to check in our rooms. Is it possible it will be on one of the medallion websites ahead of time? I am asking because originally they did not link our reservations and I am concerned we will be at different tables.

Thanks for any help.

Andrea

Hi @andrek. You can access and view dining information from the JourneyView tab found within the MedallionClass app. After selecting JourneyView, click on the "magnifying glass" icon in the upper rt of the screen, then select "My Info" which includes your dining room, dining time and table number (pls see the attached image).

Once onboard, your dining information can also be accessed by logging into any of the public JourneyView portals (the ones with the timeline) found throughout the ship. Simply touch your Medallion to the glowing sea witch and you can see your dining details rotate through in the upper left of the screen with your profile image.

You may also be interested in reviewing the host of information available within the Profile section of the MedallionClass app, which you can access by touching on your profile image in the upper lefthand corner of the app. In addition to information about your upcoming journey(s), this is also where you can share any allergies you may have as well as preferences/affinities.

Hope this helps!

IMG_2070.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@AskOceanMedallion Thanks, for that view.  That's great and nice to know that once on board we will see our table number.  Will we be able to link another booking to our OM for door entry?  Asking because we have kids in a different cabin and we want them and us to be able to freely move among cabins. In the past this has been via a cruise card.  Wondering if we will still be able to have access to each others cabins.  Thanks!

25 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Hi @andrek. You can access and view dining information from the JourneyView tab found within the MedallionClass app. After selecting JourneyView, click on the "magnifying glass" icon in the upper rt of the screen, then select "My Info" which includes your dining room, dining time and table number (pls see the attached image).

Once onboard, your dining information can also be accessed by logging into any of the public JourneyView portals (the ones with the timeline) found throughout the ship. Simply touch your Medallion to the glowing sea witch and you can see your dining details rotate through in the upper left of the screen with your profile image.

You may also be interested in reviewing the host of information available within the Profile section of the MedallionClass app, which you can access by touching on your profile image in the upper lefthand corner of the app. In addition to information about your upcoming journey(s), this is also where you can share any allergies you may have as well as preferences/affinities.

Hope this helps!

IMG_2070.jpg

are the mdr menus available yet on the app ?

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

@AskOceanMedallion Thanks, for that view.  That's great and nice to know that once on board we will see our table number.  Will we be able to link another booking to our OM for door entry?  Asking because we have kids in a different cabin and we want them and us to be able to freely move among cabins. In the past this has been via a cruise card.  Wondering if we will still be able to have access to each others cabins.  Thanks!

Hi @jennybenny. Yes - once on board, the guest services desk can assist you in linking cabins as long as the requestor is the parent/guardian of a guest under 18, or the adult in the secondary cabin is present and provides approval when making the request.

Also - just a point of clarification, with the MedallionClass app you can access JourneyView prior to your voyage as well as see your dining information and see/bookmark onboard activities before you leave home.  

Enjoy your MedallionClass vacation.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Hi @jennybenny. Yes - once on board, the guest services desk can assist you in linking cabins as long as the requestor is the parent/guardian of a guest under 18, or the adult in the secondary cabin is present and provides approval when making the request.

Also - just a point of clarification, with the MedallionClass app you can access JourneyView prior to your voyage as well as see your dining information and see/bookmark onboard activities before you leave home.  

Enjoy your MedallionClass vacation.

That feature did not work pre-cruise for most of us on the recent Caribbean Princess cruise.  The system had a lot of missing info and other glitches.  The lines for the MedallionNet desk … which is more like a kiosk only occasionally manned near the photo gallery … always had long lines during the entire cruise.  Kinda crazy.  

I'm not against the new system as it has lots of potential.  But expectations should be lowered.  It isn't that pot of gold everyone was hoping for.  And if you don't book far enough in advance you aren't going to get your medallion until you show up for embarkation.  And if there is something wrong with your data for MedallionNet system, contrary to what several people were told here on CC, it cannot be fixed until embarkation.

Edited by mamkmm2

5 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

So making and printing and delivering approx 1800 cards---how did that eliminate paper?

If they were so concerned about paper they would eliminate the 50 pages of advertisements that gave us last cruise. I asked for 2 patters per day & they also doubled the ad's as well. 😏

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Hope this helps!

IMG_2070.jpg

Hi.  This is not working on my app.  (The new Android version).  You seemed to indicate it would work pre-cruise (off-ship).  Our departure is Nov 7 (Crown).

2 hours ago, BIGADORF said:

how far in advance of your sailing does this dining information show up in Journeyview?

Dining assignments are not made until about three days before embarkation.

I do not know how soon after that they can be seen on the app.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Dining assignments are not made until about three days before embarkation.

I do not know how soon after that they can be seen on the app.

Exactly.  That is why I was puzzled on the note from @AskOceanMedallion.  My Medallion App just shows my booking number and cabin under My Journey.  It shows only me as Travel Companion.  Doesn't even indicate my wife, let alone linked booking of our friends.  We are 7 days out.