Everything... Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove (Villa's, Lagoon, Spa, etc)

FreestyleNovice

On 7/8/2023 at 4:21 PM, elidance said:

hi all,

just wanted to see if anyone has been to GSC specifically silver cove recently.  i don't see any recent reviews of the villas.  we are booked for an "ocean villa" on a cruise in November, after reading many older reviews.   seems like these ocean villas are closer to bar/buffet, and that the water might be better for swimming (idk if this is true.)  however, these villas are older (?).  from pictures - it looks like maybe the lagoon villas have a chaise couch while the ocean villas do not -- idk if this is only difference or not.  we don't need a 1 or 2 bedroom, just a studio.  seems like the studio lagoon villas are on the far end of the map.  anyone have any recent visits to silver cove to comment on any of this?  thank you 🙂

Just left GSC on 7/8.  We had two lagoon villas (first two closest to SC check-in). Awesome swimming in the lagoon. And yes cushioned lounge chairs at the lagoon villas.  The “new’ ocean villas are to the right of the SC check-in and yes are closer to the bar/buffet.  Lagoon studios are yes on the other side of the lagoon from the SC check-in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MajorThor said:

Just left GSC on 7/8.  We had two lagoon villas (first two closest to SC check-in). Awesome swimming in the lagoon. And yes cushioned lounge chairs at the lagoon villas.  The “new’ ocean villas are to the right of the SC check-in and yes are closer to the bar/buffet.  Lagoon studios are yes on the other side of the lagoon from the SC check-in.

Were those bedroom villas by the SC check or regular villas?  The map makes it seem like the bedroom villas are closest.

15 minutes ago, BigDaddy75 said:

Were those bedroom villas by the SC check or regular villas?  The map makes it seem like the bedroom villas are closest.

Yes they were bedroom villas. You have the SC check-in building as the first building you come to with the tram (picture on the corner of the lagoon). To the left (facing the lagoon) are the row of 1-bedroom villas with the 2- 2 bedroom villas in the middle. Then at the far “corner” you have the Moet Champagne and liquor bar. Now picture going “up” the other side of the lagoon towards the ocean and all of those buildings are just cabana style layout villas. 

To the right of the SC check-in is the bar/buffet with the spa being at the top next to ocean. “Behind” the bar/buffet going along the ocean are the “new” ocean villas. 

• Like 1

Can anybody speak to how to reserve services at the GSC spa (I presume that gets you into Silver Cove area?), what the pricing of those is, and how your experience there was?  I haven't seen any info online and very little on the boards about this.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have an updated map of silver cove with the villa numbers?  the one on the first page has all villas as "lagoon" villas.  thank you!  also, i'm not sure what the "new" ocean villas are... but we have an ocean villa reserved for a cruise in November.  can anyone comment on the temperature of the water for swimming in the lagoon vs ocean around that time?  thank you! 🙂

7 hours ago, elidance said:

Does anyone have an updated map of silver cove with the villa numbers?  the one on the first page has all villas as "lagoon" villas.  thank you!  also, i'm not sure what the "new" ocean villas are... but we have an ocean villa reserved for a cruise in November.  can anyone comment on the temperature of the water for swimming in the lagoon vs ocean around that time?  thank you! 🙂

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay   This map is fairly well labeled (click on the "bubbles" from left to right for proper info).

Since there has been particularly hot weather this year, it seems likely to stay warm through the rest of this year.  But of course, storms/hurricanes could change things.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2023 at 8:47 PM, elidance said:

This was given to us by the Concierge in November 2019, and as far as I know is still correct (we were just there Friday in Villa 127, which is exactly where it shows). 

Don't mind the pen marks - we were in 125 at the time and she was marking as she was explaining what was where. 

20191123_112347.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:37 AM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

This was given to us by the Concierge in November 2019, and as far as I know is still correct (we were just there Friday in Villa 127, which is exactly where it shows). 

Don't mind the pen marks - we were in 125 at the time and she was marking as she was explaining what was where. 

20191123_112347.jpg

Thank you! I've been trying to find a map with cabin numbers for a while to wrap my head around where everything is. #23 is the Moet bar, correct? And not to be silly, but they actually serve Moet in there? And if you have the PP plan it's all included? 

Just trying to set realistic expectations for a friend who loves his Moet, so we can try to get a villa as closet to that bar as possible for him.

• 2 months later...

Can someone confirm that I’m understanding this correctly:

1) only one person needs to book the Villa?

2) the Villas accommodate 6+ people?

3) if we are traveling with friends and we have 6 people total in different reservations, we just go together to Silver Cove and we get access to the villa reserved by one person?

4) all the villas (beach/lagoon) have an ocean view?

thank you!

I've booked my villa, but won't be sitting in it for another 21+ days (shoot, I need to check in today for my trip!). But based on what I've come to know so far, only 1 person books the villa and the total number of people you can fit in there is determined by the description of the specific type you book.

We booked the biggest 2 bedroom villa and currently have 14 people planning on joining us in it. I'm making a lot of assumptions because I'm not too worried - we're in a Haven cabin on this trip and I just figure I'll chat with the concierge when I get on board to sort out how all 14 of us will have access when it's only listed under my name.

Some of the villas are closer to the ocean, and some are closer to the lagoon. If you want to be closer to the ocean you need to book the Ocean view villa. If you want to be closer to the lagoon, you book the Lagoon view villa. But yes, you can still see the ocean, it's not like it's a completely separate spot inland and not accessible to the ocean area at all. It all just depends on where you want your home base to be closer to.

• Thanks 1

If it works the same way as it did when we had a villa a couple years ago…

- one person books the villa

- onboard, you’re asked for numbers, and I think names if you are not in the same cabin

- there’s a way to pay extra for additional guests above the standard inclusion, I think it was $50 a person or something crazy like that, we didn’t need to so no idea how many extra they’d let you add

- you receive excursion tickets for the villa, can’t remember whether it was one ticket or one each

- we were in the haven, so no idea how tendering would work if you aren’t, sorry, but I’m assuming the number of guests specified could all get priority tendering

- when you get to the island you go to Silver Cover Villa checkin to sign in, and they give everyone on your guest list a wristband - that’s the important part - no wristband, no silver cove access

- golf carts will take you to and from the tender area to check in and from checkin to the villa and vice versa

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vinotinto said:

Thank you @Sailing12Away and @bookbabe - All 6 of us are in The Haven, so I believe we get priority tendering too. How was the beach near the ocean villas?

The beach itself was great all through Silver Cove, the water was pretty shallow and calm in the lagoon area, less so in the section closer to the main non-SC area.  DH liked the swimming in the non-lagoon area better.  The lagoon area would be better for kids or weaker swimmers.

• Thanks 1

The infinity pool seems to be on the farthest point of Silver Cove.  I’ve heard the guest carts are taking people from reception desk to their rooms. Does anyone know if the carts are taking people back and forth to the infinity pool? I have a family member with mobility issues so that would be a great option. 

hi all,

unfortunately our cruise in November 2023 skipped great stirrup cay - i was really disappointed because i was excited about silver cove.  i tried to do a lot of research beforehand to choose a villa, but there's just not much information out there.  just fyi, there's a great new video that goes through all of the villas and gives more info, link below.  we had booked an ocean villa b/c it's closer to bar/food - but after this video (and looking at the pool!) - we would likely book a lagoon studio if we have a chance to go again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigDaddy75 said:

The infinity pool seems to be on the farthest point of Silver Cove.  I’ve heard the guest carts are taking people from reception desk to their rooms. Does anyone know if the carts are taking people back and forth to the infinity pool? I have a family member with mobility issues so that would be a great option. 

Check out the video that @elidance posted. Within it they say that the golf carts are available for helping to transport guests to the pool area, and there's a handicap lift even there to get guests into the pool if needed.

I'll be there in ~21 days to see for myself. Looking forward to a calm and relaxing day in the sun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigDaddy75 said:

Yes. They are running all of the time. Plus it is easy to call for one. 

2 hours ago, elidance said:

hi all,

unfortunately our cruise in November 2023 skipped great stirrup cay - i was really disappointed because i was excited about silver cove.  i tried to do a lot of research beforehand to choose a villa, but there's just not much information out there.  just fyi, there's a great new video that goes through all of the villas and gives more info, link below.  we had booked an ocean villa b/c it's closer to bar/food - but after this video (and looking at the pool!) - we would likely book a lagoon studio if we have a chance to go again.

Thank you for the Video.    I just re-booked an Ocean Villa at Silver Cove this morning when I got to work for our Encore cruise this Sunday.    I had one booked originally but cancelled it as I was not sure I wanted to spend that much money for just the two of us.    My husband has no idea.

Re-reading this thread today, is the procedure still to get on the tram to take you to the check in at Silver Cove?   I just do not want us to be walking around aimlessly trying to figure out where to go.