Everything... Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove (Villa's, Lagoon, Spa, etc)

FreestyleNovice

24 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I don't understand why the lagoon villas are more money. It seems from the map that the ocean villas would be more desirable? 

The Lagoon Villas might be a bit larger (and possibly have more seating available). 

The description states that you can have 8 Adults in Lagoon Villa w/option to add 2more! 

However, the Ocean Villa description states that you can have 6 adults w/option to add 2 more.

27 minutes ago, kuku77254 said:

Oh, and about the bugs mentioned - are they bad on GSC? Biting bugs? Mosquitos or something else? I hadn't been counting on that.

They are those little no-see-um gnat things.  I got bit a ton, hubby didn’t get a single bite.  Par for the course for us, since I’m a bite magnet and they always ignore him.  He was also out in the water most of the time, rather than on a lounger at the villa.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

The Lagoon Villas might be a bit larger (and possibly have more seating available). 

The description states that you can have 8 Adults in Lagoon Villa w/option to add 2more! 

However, the Ocean Villa description states that you can have 6 adults w/option to add 2 more.

It seems that the description possibly might be misconstrued, so verify with ShorEx if you want more 8 in a Lagoon Villa, or 6 in a Ocean Villa!!!

6 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

They are those little no-see-um gnat things.  I got bit a ton, hubby didn’t get a single bite.  Par for the course for us, since I’m a bite magnet and they always ignore him.  He was also out in the water most of the time, rather than on a lounger at the villa.

🤔 Some of us are just tastier to those pest than others! (Darn it!!! )😜

@bookbabe Did you enjoy anything in particular (different maybe?) at the restaurant?    Also, thank you for the info about Villa #125!

Edited by ggTexasGal
Added question

3 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

🤔 Some of us are just tastier to those pest than others! (Darn it!!! )😜

@bookbabe Did you enjoy anything in particular (different maybe?) at the restaurant?    Also, thank you for the info about Villa #125!

There are several videos on Youtube showing the food options.  Looks to be burgers, hotdogs, fruit, desserts, pizza, similar but maybe slightly better than the main buffet on the main beach.  Will try to snap some photos when we go there (hopefully fingers crossed) next week.

• Like 1

If the Great Stirrup Cay staff are now betting on whether cruisers will make it to the far end of the Zip Line, you can blame me and my friends.  We were in one of the Ocean Villas on 12/23 and made a drinking game trying to guess which Zip Line users would make it to the other tower.  The staff delivering drinks were very amused with our idea.  It was a very windy day, so those taking the long wire were rarely making it all the way without doing hand-over-hand or being rescued by the staff! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

so we are the 2nd ship in behind the sky, arriving 2 hours later than them. clamshells arent in our excursion list. can i assume means they are sold out or are there some available once you board? shade is a must for us but ill assume most of the shady spots would be gone by the time we get there. and it seems like the next cheapest option is 500 for a cabana

@luckyinpa

you book the clamshell on board at the shore excursion desk. Still think it is $30 and you get priority tendering as well!. 

once on GSC, you show your receipt to a staff member and select the clamshell you want and they put it up for you. Look for one that has mesh panel in the back, it can get stuffy without it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Burrata said:

@luckyinpa

you book the clamshell on board at the shore excursion desk. Still think it is $30 and you get priority tendering as well!. 

once on GSC, you show your receipt to a staff member and select the clamshell you want and they put it up for you. Look for one that has mesh panel in the back, it can get stuffy without it.

Can you apply your $50 shore excursion credit to the clamshell rental?

• Like 2

On 2/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, ggTexasGal said:

No!  Straight out of the T&C's...  https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

"For port calls in Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit does not apply to equipment rentals."

I can confirm this is correct, I asked last week while on Escape and the $50 credit did NOT apply to the clamshells.  There is shade to be had until about 1pm if you are willing to move around and seek it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you already have your shore excursion ticket for the villas, don’t line up at the Villas & Cabanas booth when you first arrive on the island.  Only the Cabana guests should line up there.  Villa guests can walk to the left through the straw market area to catch the shuttle to the silver cove reception.  From reception, after you check in a second shuttle will take you to the villa if you want. 

Thank you for this information bookbabe - 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So from looking at the photos...the walking paths runs in front of the villas and cabanas on GSC?  That seems like such a poor design.  I've rented cabanas before at Half Moon Cay and Roatan and we had direct access to the beach in front of the cabanas. That's alot of $$ to spend to have people walking directly in front of your villa/cabana all day.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LisaDee said:

So from looking at the photos...the walking paths runs in front of the villas and cabanas on GSC?  That seems like such a poor design.  I've rented cabanas before at Half Moon Cay and Roatan and we had direct access to the beach in front of the cabanas. That's alot of $$ to spend to have people walking directly in front of your villa/cabana all day.

you should price the island next door. royal charges insane pricing for what they give you. on a per structure basis NCL is super cheap. 

On 5/19/2022 at 4:44 AM, LisaDee said:

There's an acces way around at the back of the Villa's (the front door). Don't forget that the Silver Cove area is relatively quiet with the few guests staying there, the path is also used by the waiters so actually it's quite convenient and it was not disturbing at all, to us :classic_smile:

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

For those who have been at Silver Cove, I am hoping someone can decisively answer this one question for me please:  If you have a premium plus package (the top drink package) on NCL Sky, are drinks at the Moet Bar included without any additional charge?  Thank you!

• 5 months later...