Everything... Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove (Villa's, Lagoon, Spa, etc)

FreestyleNovice

On 5/24/2022 at 3:05 PM, PowerLu said:

Hi everyone,

For those who have been at Silver Cove, I am hoping someone can decisively answer this one question for me please:  If you have a premium plus package (the top drink package) on NCL Sky, are drinks at the Moet Bar included without any additional charge?  Thank you!

I know this is delayed but the answer is Yes. We spent a good deal of time at the Moet bar with good use of the plus drink package.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/22/2022 at 4:55 PM, ggTexasGal said:

We hope to make the stop at GSC in December.  (Third attempt this year "a charm"?!)

If we make it, we have an Ocean Villa booked, so I plan to report back with photos of everything we have access to within Silver Cove.

What week are you on? We’re going the week of 12/17 and have had good luck (only been diverted once), so hoping the streak continues! We’re in an ocean Villa as well.

4 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

What week are you on? We’re going the week of 12/17 and have had good luck (only been diverted once), so hoping the streak continues! We’re in an ocean Villa as well.

We had never had a problem making it to GSC, until this year.  Two separate cruises, so far, have not been able to visit GSC.  We are scheduled to be at GSC on 12/15. 

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:44 PM, LisaDee said:

So from looking at the photos...the walking paths runs in front of the villas and cabanas on GSC?  That seems like such a poor design.  I've rented cabanas before at Half Moon Cay and Roatan and we had direct access to the beach in front of the cabanas. That's alot of $$ to spend to have people walking directly in front of your villa/cabana all day.

I know this is old, but, well...I'm responding. 

@LisaDee, don't worry about us commoners ruining your view. Silver Cove (where the villas are) is restricted to only those in the villas and those with a spa booking. 

Now, yes, the cabanas do have commoners in front of them, all splayed out (fat rolls and all) that you'll have to see. I have many of those rolls of jelly for the masses to view. It's ok though, the cabana is hardly close enough to the ocean to see us laying out on the beach. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

We had never had a problem making it to GSC, until this year.  Two separate cruises, so far, have not been able to visit GSC.  We are scheduled to be at GSC on 12/15. 

Good luck to you!

I hope you get there! It was really a blast for my husband and I. I think I enjoyed it more - I was in the water for nearly five hours snorkeling, without a mask as the water is that clear. 

The food is ok. I actually preferred the buffet to the taco place - tacos were watery and kind of bland. I didn't try the poke, and of course, you probably get the fancy food over in the villas. 🙂 For real though, have an amazing time! 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:44 PM, LisaDee said:

So from looking at the photos...the walking paths runs in front of the villas and cabanas on GSC?  That seems like such a poor design.  I've rented cabanas before at Half Moon Cay and Roatan and we had direct access to the beach in front of the cabanas. That's alot of $$ to spend to have people walking directly in front of your villa/cabana all day.

We had a Silver Cove Villa just before Covid hit (and have booked one again for February). I would not worry at all about ":traffic" in front of your villa. It is a very quiet place with lots of space. I don't think one person walked in  front of ours when we were there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sarahandmike23 said:

What’s the difference between Silver Cove Ocean Villa and Silver Cove Beach Villa?  They are the same price. 

I am basically looking for the same answer as you and hoping someone knows the answer. I am sailing on the Encore in February, I booked the Ocean Villa, we were to arrive on a Monday, the NCL switch up our itinerary. We now were at GSC on Saturday the last day of the cruise. For many weeks it showed my Booked Silver Cove Ocean Villa for Monday, well they finally moved it to Friday. But it now says it is a Beach Villa. My concern was our ship will be at GSC with Prima and was afraid we would not get our ocean Villa. 
By search on NCL s website it appears they changed the name of the Ocean Villa to Beach Villa. Just wondered if anyone knew for sure what is going on.

Thanks

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I am basically looking for the same answer as you and hoping someone knows the answer. I am sailing on the Encore in February, I booked the Ocean Villa, we were to arrive on a Monday, the NCL switch up our itinerary. We now were at GSC on Saturday the last day of the cruise. For many weeks it showed my Booked Silver Cove Ocean Villa for Monday, well they finally moved it to Friday. But it now says it is a Beach Villa. My concern was our ship will be at GSC with Prima and was afraid we would not get our ocean Villa. 
By search on NCL s website it appears they changed the name of the Ocean Villa to Beach Villa. Just wondered if anyone knew for sure what is going on.

Thanks

It's a little bit confusing.  I booked an Ocean Villa earlier this month for March.  My Vacation Summary shows a Beach Villa as my shore excursion for GSC. On the shore excursion page for this cruise it shows both Beach Villa AND Ocean Villa as available at $899.I don't know what I actually have booked or if it matters!   

15 hours ago, sarahandmike23 said:

What’s the difference between Silver Cove Ocean Villa and Silver Cove Beach Villa?  They are the same price. 

They're the same thing. It looks like NCL just changed the name of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks

NCL just changed the name of the Ocean Villa to Beach Villa. The size, price and description is exactly the same. The text on their excursion page has been updated to say Beach Villa but they haven't updated the video yet to say Beach Villa. It still says Ocean Villa: https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/NPI_45/Ocean-Villa-at-Silver-Cove

I've been paying attention to this because I booked one, too, and we leave on our cruise in five days. 

Edited by njsmom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

NCL just changed the name of the Ocean Villa to Beach Villa. The size, price and description is exactly the same. The text on their excursion page has been updated to say Beach Villa but they haven't updated the video yet to say Beach Villa. It still says Ocean Villa: https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/NPI_45/Ocean-Villa-at-Silver-Cove

I've been paying attention to this because I booked one, too, and we leave on our cruise in five days. 

Thank you!  Hope you have a great cruise and would love to hear about your Villa experience upon your return!

On 12/17/2022 at 11:02 PM, chill6x6 said:

It's a little bit confusing.  I booked an Ocean Villa earlier this month for March.  My Vacation Summary shows a Beach Villa as my shore excursion for GSC. On the shore excursion page for this cruise it shows both Beach Villa AND Ocean Villa as available at $899.I don't know what I actually have booked or if it matters!   

We also leave in March (Encore March 12) and still do not have option to book and cabanas on GSC. I even called NCL and they don’t see it either. Told me to just keep checking???  What do you guys think?

I'm confused by the nomenclature, too.  I booked the Ocean Villa.  It was the same price as the Beach Villa; however, it says better for families and can hold up to 8, where the Beach Villa says 6 and geared more for couples.  The video snippets seem to be off, as the Beach villa video is titled as Ocean Villa, and the Ocean Villa video is titled as Lagoon villa.  We are travelling in May on the Sky (which doesn't have a Haven).  Silver Cove was originally not showing on our shore excursions, just the regular cabanas.  They didn't appear until just recently.

Our Encore cruise in January had Silver Cove available after final payment (but, we are in Haven).  Didn't know if they offer to Haven first, then open for anyone else?

For our recent cruise, we had booked an Ocean villa prior to the name change.  Then the names changed on the website to Beach and Ocean, and our booking still listed Ocean, as did our ticket once we boarded.  I confirmed with the shore excursions desk that it was still a villa on the side closest to the main beach, and we got 102 so it was on the former “ocean” side which is now called Beach.

So, the new Beach Villas are the old Ocean villas, and the new Ocean villas are the old Lagoon villas.

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 1:35 AM, Tpzatx said:

We also leave in March (Encore March 12) and still do not have option to book and cabanas on GSC. I even called NCL and they don’t see it either. Told me to just keep checking???  What do you guys think?

I've had mine booked since November 27th.  We are in a Haven suite if that makes a difference.

On 12/21/2022 at 6:15 AM, bookbabe said:

So, the new Beach Villas are the old Ocean villas, and the new Ocean villas are the old Lagoon villas.

Thanks.  I was starting to suspect that.  IIRC, the Lagoon villas were slightly more expensive than the Ocean villas, which was likely crappy marketing.  Ocean sounds better than beach sounds better than lagoon.

On 12/20/2022 at 1:35 AM, Tpzatx said:

It is possible that the Villas have already SOLD OUT (Spring Break tends to create high demand).

I had booked ours (for recent a cruise) well over a year in advance!  

NOTE: The Shore Excursion desk folks often tell people to keep checking... Afterall, people do occasionally change plans (for various reasons).

• Like 3

On 12/25/2022 at 7:14 AM, ggTexasGal said:

It is possible that the Villas have already SOLD OUT (Spring Break tends to create high demand).

I had booked ours (for recent a cruise) well over a year in advance!  

NOTE: The Shore Excursion desk folks often tell people to keep checking... Afterall, people do occasionally change plans (for various reasons).

I think that's the reason. I have no option to book a villa on my cruise leaving Saturday, and haven't ever since we booked the cruise (3'ish weeks ago). Shore excursions disappear if they book up, so I'd assume the villas would become ghostly figures as well.

• Like 1

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

I think that's the reason. I have no option to book a villa on my cruise leaving Saturday, and haven't ever since we booked the cruise (3'ish weeks ago). Shore excursions disappear if they book up, so I'd assume the villas would become ghostly figures as well.

I encourage you to re-check occasionally when onboard.  For various reasons, people do cancel them!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 9:40 AM, sarahandmike23 said:

Thank you!  Hope you have a great cruise and would love to hear about your Villa experience upon your return!

I can't share any Villa info because the Prima wasn't able to stop in Great Stirrup Caye due to the rough seas. Since it's a tender port, we basically pulled up next to the island, then left a few minutes later. It was sad!