Club class dining questions

yerdua

We are scheduled to embark on the Sky in a couple weeks. We were confirmed for late traditional dining, but discovered the actual dining time is 7:45 vs the 7:15 that had been listed in the personalizer. Normally 30 minutes wouldn't be a big deal, but we were pushing our limits with the 7:15 to begin with and early traditional is just too early for us. So I switched us to anytime dining. The personalizer made the change but listed us as now having club class dining even though we are not booked in a mini or suite. On the surface it sounds great, but part of our enjoyment of cruising is meeting new people at meals. Can anyone tell me how club class tables are set up? is it primarily 2 tops or are there larger tables available to share? I love my husband but it's nice to have other people to talk to at dinner and share their experiences. If we hate CC when we're on board can we switch to anytime? Thanks.

You will find a mix of table.  Two tops will fill first since they are popular.  No assigned seating in CC so table location choice is a first come first serve basis.  In some ways like just anytime dining, but a table in CC is always available. 

I see no benefit of anytime over CC unless you like the pagers and lines. 

Edited by tcdcruiser

4 minutes ago, tcdcruiser said:

You will find a mix of table.  Two tops will fill first since they are popular.  No assigned seating in CC so table location choice is a first come first serve basis.  In some ways like just anytime dining, but a table in CC is always available. 

I see no benefit of anytime over CC unless you like the pagers and lines. 

You can't invite people that aren't in CC to dine with you in CC dinning.

13 minutes ago, suekel said:

I would assume it's a mistake, I've heard of that happening to others.  Club class is only for CC Mini's or full suites.  I would guess it will change on the website.  

You're right! I just checked and it has changed to anytime. No more dilemma. And over such a first world problem! Thanks.

4 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

That is what she desires.

" part of our enjoyment of cruising is meeting new people at meals."

Got it. So that all are clear, you can ask to be seated with others, but in AT Dining, there is no requirement that you do so. 

Edited by JimmyVWine

8 hours ago, yerdua said:

We are scheduled to embark on the Sky in a couple weeks. We were confirmed for late traditional dining, but discovered the actual dining time is 7:45 vs the 7:15 that had been listed in the personalizer. Normally 30 minutes wouldn't be a big deal, but we were pushing our limits with the 7:15 to begin with and early traditional is just too early for us. So I switched us to anytime dining.

If your 7:15 late seating is really now 7:45, then the time will have changed for the early seating also by probably the same 30 minutes.

Would that make the early seating time better for you?

6 hours ago, caribill said:

If your 7:15 late seating is really now 7:45, then the time will have changed for the early seating also by probably the same 30 minutes.

Would that make the early seating time better for you?

I thought about that too. Early TD is at 5:30 but is still too early for us, given th at the first part of the cruise is port intensive. But thanks for the suggestion. I have no problem with ATD and enjoy meeting different people over meals. Just thought TD would be something different for us since the second half of the voyage is a TA. Regardless, I'm sure the food and company will be great whenever, where ever we dine.

Thank you all for the info on club class dining!

Edited by yerdua

On 11/4/2019 at 9:41 PM, JimmyVWine said:

Got it. So that all are clear, you can ask to be seated with others, but in AT Dining, there is no requirement that you do so. 

I always ask for a table for 6. Tables for 8 are too big to carry on a conversation with everyone at the table. Tables for 6 are a good size for engaging with others.