Visa questions

Mckwonghie

We are going on a Celebrity cruise from Dubai to Muscat Oman Mumbai Goa and Cochin India Colombo Sri Lanka and Phuket Thailand ending in Singapore. We applied for a tourist visa for Indi but are unsure which other ports require a tourist visa for this cruise. Has anyone done a cruise with this itinerary? Wonderi g if you can enlighten me with your wisdom?

As mentioned above, you as leaving out THE most important fact - what your passport is. What is true for someone with an American passport isn't necessarily true for someone with a Belgian, Turkish, Japanese, or Peruvian passport. Funny enough it's usually the American's who leave this fact out 😉

44 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

If you are a US citizen, this link will inform you of which countries require a visa:

https://cibtvisas.com/visa-quick-check

This is not official government information. It's the website of a for-profit company that makes its money by charging you a fee for obtaining visas that in many cases you can obtain yourself at lower cost.

There are also a number of countries that either  exempt cruise passengers from normal visa requirements or permit the cruise line to obtain them for you on board rather than your having to obtain a visa in advance. This site is not going to tell you that.

Edited by njhorseman

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Of course taking your post literally, they shouldn't accept your advice either. :classic_ohmy:

LOL..  🙂   Like medical advice.  When it's this important taking advice from anonymous, likely not professionals in the particular field, can be dangerous.

Thank you all for your replies. Every comment has been helpful. I am actually travelling with a Canadian passport and will followup on your suggestions. Funny how Celebrity cruises has not provided us with any info about visa requirements for the port of calls.

1 minute ago, Mckwonghie said:

Thank you all for your replies. Every comment has been helpful. I am actually travelling with a Canadian passport and will followup on your suggestions. Funny how Celebrity cruises has not provided us with any info about visa requirements for the port of calls.

I'm also on a Canadian passport. FWIW, we did this cruise this past January, and the only visas we needed to get  in advance were the evisa for India and the (free) one for Sri Lanka, both obtained online. The visa for the UAE was obtained on arrival in Abu Dhabi airport. The ship arranged the one for Oman. No visa was needed for Thailand or Singapore. Of course things may have changed in the interval, so you should still check with each country's embassy website.

As for X not providing the information - consider the many, many different countries that passengers come from and the many countries that X sails to. It would be very difficult for a cruise line to maintain up to date information on the immigration requirements between all these places. They make it clear that it is your responsibility to arrange the correct paper work.

31 minutes ago, Mckwonghie said:

a good source of info

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

Check each Country  & what is  required to enter  them

Hello Mom Says,

I can’t thank you enough for responding to my question. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to take this cruise and your explanation helps answer my question about why we have not received this info from Celebrity. I will look at the embassy websites now to confirm that there are no changes since you cruised to these countries.

Thank you so much “Mom Says!”

❤️