Largest suitcase you can get through x-ray scanner?

pa-annie

Now that we are able to immediately take our luggage to our cabin upon boarding, it would be nice to just take everything with us rather than waiting/hoping for it's later arrival.  We will be sailing the Edge out of Terminal 25 Port Everglades this Friday and curious if anyone knows what the max. suitcase dimensions are that you can get through security?

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I thought the cruise terminal scanners were be a little larger than airport scanners.

Much thanks - BZ

Edited by pa-annie
error

57 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Mine fits fine:  24" x 18" x 11". 

Hard side, not a lot of room to spare, but have scanned successfully at Port Everglades, Port Canaveral and Port Tampa.  

So ... L - 24" x W - 18" x H - 11"?

Thx -BZ

The scanner is the same size as those in the airport and when embarking at any port of call.   Not very big.

best is check your luggage and not try to upset the apple cart.  

Large cases won’t fit.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

The elevators are pretty crowded as it is on embarkation, with passengers only taking their carry on items. I shudder to think what it would be like if everyone decided to board with their suitcases as well.

37 minutes ago, micheleata said:

There are 2 escalators in the new terminal 25.  Traffic moves very quickly...no need to use an elevator.   Would be very easy to roll a suitcase on the ship.   After all,  we roll them off.

I was thinking of the ship's elevators, not the terminal elevators and escalators.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 4:54 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

Yes.

It's a glorious feeling to be unpacked , settled, and enjoying a cocktail on your balcony well before the boat drill.

The cruise does not start until our stuff is safely in our cabin... no long waits for your dinner clothes to arrive on time.

Having watched suitcases being tossed in a pile onboard until they are sorted explains why our suitcases were frequently damaged.

Thanks all.  The suite case is 19" wide x 28" long, we are going to give it a shot unless someone knows for sure it will not fit through the scanner or we'd get turned away. 

And ... we will you be sure to use the stairs so not to offend the naysayers by taking the elevators. Sailing on the Edge Friday, getting psyched. 

- BZ

On 11/12/2019 at 4:07 PM, Argo. said:

The cruise does not start until our stuff is safely in our cabin... no long waits for your dinner clothes to arrive on time.

Having watched suitcases being tossed in a pile onboard until they are sorted explains why our suitcases were frequently damaged.

Over 50 cruises and only had 1 suitcase damaged wheel. Might it be that I used hardside suitcases. Or I must be the lucky one.

We've done this before - take the suitcase onboard but we usually wait until after the rush to board.  It's so easy to just walk on with no lines, go straight to the cabin, drop off stuff and not worry about anything getting lost or broken.  No elevator issues either if you board later in the day.