Jump to content

Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

When I woke up this morning, I predicted that your review would start today... I'll be flying down to Florida on Saturday also to sail the new NCL Encore... Have an awesome cruise!...

Well yay! 

Saint Greg this week and Sid next week!

work will be bearable for a while!

enjoy your cruises! We will enjoy the reports!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a haircut yesterday. I go to an old school small town barber. He’s in his 70’s. He closes at noon on Saturday and doesn’t open again until Tuesday. He doesn’t take credit cards. He doesn’t own a cash register. But he’s one of only two people I know of who can cut my hair right.

 

I would’ve normally gotten the haircut a day or two before the trip but I wanted to get it before thanksgiving week to avoid any issues with the holiday.

 

My barber has been known to take cruises this time of year. He went on a thanksgiving cruise a couple years ago that completely messed my haircut schedule up.

 

I mentioned it to him and it turns out he’s going on a cruise in December after I get back.

 

He’s going out of Galveston as usual. He went out of Florida once when Vista was there and didn’t like it at all. “The people were loud, obnoxious, and rude” he says.

 

He was complaining about having to fly to make a connection on the way to Miami. I’m thinking that’s the fault of whoever booked the flight. There are a ton of non-stop flights to Miami out there.

 

Since half of his job as a barber is talking, I think he exaggerates from time to time...maybe all the time.

 

I don’t remember what he said the price of a coke on the plane was but it was crazy. He said the cheapest bottle of water in the airport was $7 and he paid $120 for two burgers and three beers. That seems high.

 

So anyway...I’ll be going out of Miami next summer and I need to remember to check out those prices to see how off they were.

 

I know there was a time he was talking about a $25 hamburger that didn’t come with fries at a place I happen to know the most expensive burger was $12 and it did come with fries.


 

Edited by Saint Greg
Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently discovered how amazing zzzquil is. I used to struggle on days where I had to get up super early. Not anymore. Had my alarm set for 4am. I was asleep by 8 and wide awake by 3...just in time to catch the end of Emeril’s air fryer infomercial.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Following!  We have been on this itinerary 2x already (Conquest out of FLL) and will be on Magic with same itinerary at the end of January.  First time on Magic, and looking forward to a "new" ship to cruise on out of FLL.  Enjoyed your other reviews, and look forward to another entertaining and informative one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I recently discovered how amazing zzzquil is. I used to struggle on days where I had to get up super early. Not anymore. Had my alarm set for 4am. I was asleep by 8 and wide awake by 3...just in time to catch the end of Emeril’s air fryer infomercial.

I do not think zzzquil has enough melatonin in it for me. I think it used to contain Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) which only makes me more hyper (opposite desired effect), but no longer does. I take just a 5-10mg Melatonin tablet one hour before bed, and that usually works. As I’ve aged, insomnia is ever present. And I work out daily, walking 3-4 miles and riding a stationary bike 40 minutes, but retirement still gives me so much “down time”, I’m never sleepy anymore. I do not think I have ever napped, either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I do not think zzzquil has enough melatonin in it for me. I think it used to contain Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) which only makes me more hyper (opposite desired effect), but no longer does. I take just a 5-10mg Melatonin tablet one hour before bed, and that usually works. As I’ve aged, insomnia is ever present. And I work out daily, walking 3-4 miles and riding a stationary bike 40 minutes, but retirement still gives me so much “down time”, I’m never sleepy anymore. I do not think I have ever napped, either. 

10mg of Melatonin + BiPap mask= 8hrs everynight

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Greg, just wondering what you think the weather will be like in NOLA at end of January, into early February. We fly into NOLA January 30, for a cruise on the Glory February 2. It’s usually below zero here in Buffalo, and hoping for better weather there.


Won’t be anything like that. Might be what we consider cold but not what you do. It’s 55 here now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Greg, just wondering what you think the weather will be like in NOLA at end of January, into early February. We fly into NOLA January 30, for a cruise on the Glory February 2. It’s usually below zero here in Buffalo, and hoping for better weather there.

Youngest son goes to Buffalo State. Greg's 55 degrees sounds balmy by comparison. 😮 Greg, looking forward to your review.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

Youngest son goes to Buffalo State. Greg's 55 degrees sounds balmy by comparison. 😮 Greg, looking forward to your review.


It’s good. I’m in short sleeves going out for dinner. We have had some 20’s-30’s the past couple weeks but nothing like the northeast. It was in the 40’s when I got back from my December cruise last year. And it could be 70’s in December. It’s just random.

 

 

Edited by Saint Greg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...