Steak House question

Remus2010

The steakhouse has the same attire recommendation as the MDR.  AS noted above, we have seen some loosen the requirement of no shorts, but that is certainly not adhered to leet wide.  As example, we have seen people turned away on both Horizon and Vista on casual nights when someone wore shorts and tried to enter.  The short of it (pun intended) 😉 is it would never come up if you never wore shorts.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Remus2010 said:

I don't want this to turn into a debate on proper attire (PLEASE)  But we are booked in the Steakhouse on one of the formal nights.  Is the attire in the Steak House different on those nights?

Thanks in advance.

We at at the steakhouse on the first night last week in New Orleans. Hubby and I were the only ones dressed to impress - no one else was anywhere near fancy. He wore a nice collared shirt and dress pants. I had on a blue jumpsuit with a rhinestone neckline. 

5 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

The last few times we've gone to the steakhouse, they've called and told us it was casual night and shorts were allowed for the men. We just happened to pick the right night.

No, shorts are not allowed, seen many people turned away

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

No, shorts are not allowed, seen many people turned away

We were on Breeze to Bermuda in September and also in May. Both times they called our friend with whom we travel (she made the reservations) and told her it was casual night and the men could wear shorts ( nice ones of course), so the 4 men in our group wore shorts and the ladies wore Capri type pants. Don't know if this is something new, but it was nice.  

6 hours ago, Remus2010 said:

I don't want this to turn into a debate on proper attire (PLEASE)  But we are booked in the Steakhouse on one of the formal nights.  Is the attire in the Steak House different on those nights?

Thanks in advance.

I've been in the steakhouse on formal nights. Typically, I have always tried to at least have a jacket and tie. However, I have seen polo shirts and slacks. Probably you could get away with anything, but as a rule of thumb I would think long pants and a collar.

7 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

The last few times we've gone to the steakhouse, they've called and told us it was casual night and shorts were allowed for the men. We just happened to pick the right night.

This sometimes happens.  It will be listed in the Fun Times.  Maybe it is to get more people to eat here.

A blurb from Carnival website, although we know the rules aren't necessarily enforced:

'The dress code for Steakhouse is the same as the evening’s onboard dress code: either cruise casual or cruise elegant. Here are the quick differences — and remember, no shorts or flip-flops allowed in Steakhouse.'

Edited by BananaAnna

22 hours ago, ricew001 said:

We at at the steakhouse on the first night last week in New Orleans. Hubby and I were the only ones dressed to impress - no one else was anywhere near fancy. He wore a nice collared shirt and dress pants. I had on a blue jumpsuit with a rhinestone neckline. 

The first night is casual and shorts are acceptable. The reason. Many have not even had there luggage delivered to the state room yet. Other nights are smart casual or cruise elegant. Your choice. Remember the first night only. On some ships the second night also., Check that on the ship. A free bottle of wine red or white or 50% off your choice of wine. In most cases you must ask for the free bottle. They immediately want to sell you a bottle. Gratuity included for the dinner. Now how can you beat that, along with the best steak at sea. We have never been disappointed.