Le Petit Chef was terrific!

sunnydays456

We had seen LPC a while back and after reading some negativity on here, I began to think maybe I was mistaken. My family were just on Reflection and did lpc again, it was terrific. Now there are 2 shows so we got to see the new version as well. It was an absolute highlight of our trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really pleased you enjoyed! We first met the little man on Reflection too and giggled throughout our meal...

We expected to enjoy LPC and friends as much when we boarded Equinox but the menu was not as good and the original novelty had gone...Our experience was not helped by the M’D delaying the start as he was waiting for a large group to arrive. 

We may visit LPC again but wouldn’t rush to do so...

My wife and really enjoyed it and so did everyone in our room both times. I think you need to be a little young-at-heart. 

My son is in tech and he explained this is amazing technology. Really happy to have it offered and looking forward to doing on next trip.

I was very much looking forward to this experience but ended up walking away disappointed.

The presentation of actual food was not timed with the show (and in one course we had to actually move our dirty plate to a different table so we could see the next animation).

It was absolutely cute and the food was good (not great....like murano!) but was not a value at $40 a person in my opinion.

Our group celebrated a birthday at LPC and it was memorable!

I didn't think it would be fun being with a room full of people - but it was like a big party. I don't think people realize how unique this is. Our waiter explained it takes 6 months to create one animation. really creative people and definitely something different and fun. 

Already booked for apex!

Just returned on Millenium where we went to LPC to mark a special occasion. Husband thought we were simply going out for dinner and was amazed by the show. We had a truly wonderful time.

it was clever, witty and a completely new experience we very much enjoyed. The bouillabaisse was excellent and the fillet steak was one of the tenderest cuts we’ve ever had.  The animation for the dessert was great, although the actual dessert ( scoop of ice cream with a few add ons) a bit of a let down given how good the earlier courses had been. 

I’m not sure that we would repeat the experience, as a big part of our enjoyment was the novelty of it all.  We rated it 9/10, being one of the highlights of our cruise.

This is AMAZING. I don't think most people understand it. The artists that created this (Skullmapping) are world famous. We've been following them online for years. When we heard their dining experience was on Celebrity we literally chose a celebrity cruise over norweigen. We've now scene both shows and could not be more impressed. I think Celebrity does a pretty bad job explaining to people what this is, how complicated the technology is (heck a little chef is walking on your plate - without you having to wear glasses!!) and the price is frankly a bargain. I have seen Skullmapping dining in other place for 150-200/pp,

Anyway, hope Celebrity markets this better, but KUDOS for offering your guests a really cool dining experience!

We are booked for Apex and hoping to see a new show there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 1:51 PM, Oville said:

Agree, the menu for LPC and Friends was disappointing.  Our steak was so tough it was inedible.  The salad and ravs were tasty though.

Please educate us. What is a rav?

39 minutes ago, cirpi said:

Please educate us. What is a rav?

Short for ravioli.

We looked at the menu when we were on Equinox and Summit, but frankly it seemed a bit skimpy for $55 PP.  As I can't eat fish or seafood, that limited it even more.

It's great for those who like it  ( not us)   Because it is an exclusive venue on some ships , this reduces available alternative dining spots, leaving some with few choices, esp if they don't do sushi ,....

Edge has it right,.  Cafe Bistro by day...excellent  and LPC at night for those who  want it.  Good  compromise!

On 12/9/2019 at 4:10 PM, sunnydays456 said:

We had seen LPC a while back and after reading some negativity on here, I began to think maybe I was mistaken. My family were just on Reflection and did lpc again, it was terrific. Now there are 2 shows so we got to see the new version as well. It was an absolute highlight of our trip.

We loved it as well!

I guess people can always find something to be negative about. The food is more than fine. But it's like being in a flying car and complaining and complaining you don't like the radio. The food is not the show here. And the ships are not lacking for food options every place you turn. I agree with the earlier point, Celebrity does not market this correctly. We have family in Silicon Valley and when I tell them I'm taking a cruise they usually think it's so not interesting. When I told them it was a Celebrity cruise they now got excited and said "Oh you're got to see Le petit Chef".

This is amazing technology. I've had 2000 steaks in my life. Was it the best steak? Probably average. But I can tell you it was the most memorable because A LITTLE CHEF MADE IT FOR ME!! 🙂

(I happily went back to stuffing my face the other 6 nights - none of which I actually remember.)

Super fun.

thanks Celebrity. Our family can't wait to do LPC again.

Edited by TheStewartFamilyGroup
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1