Coke freestyle Sky Princess

AnnBob93

On 12/12/2019 at 12:15 PM, AnnBob93 said:

The Coke Free Style machines have not yet been installed on Sky Princess and will NOT be before our b2b sailing starting December 28 and ending January 11, 2020.  No information on when they plan to install.  

Since you have gotten a different answer that the one above on each inquiry your have made, will you call again? Just wondering if this answer is the correct one or does the correct answer still evade us?

17 hours ago, dogdoc2002 said:

I'm currently onboard and can confirm there is still no sightings of the Freestyle machines. I was bummed as I prefer Coke Zero. Wifey decided she wanted the soda package but I don't think it's worth the cost since they did away with just the soda package (I think it's $11 something a day now) 

We board this morning, I bought 4 packs of coke zero since it doesn't appear to be an option on the ship.  If they had the free style machines and it included coke zero I would buy the package, but this time I'm not.  And the soda and mocktail price has gotten really high, not doing it for the first time in a long time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

So I'm guessing the Enchanted will have them installed before she sails?  

Maybe not. Carnival is switching to Pepsi the beginning of 2020 and they offer free style machines but no information that Carnival will even have those. So the odds of any of Carnival owned cruise lines installing Coke free style machines is a big question.

8 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Maybe not. Carnival is switching to Pepsi the beginning of 2020 and they offer free style machines but no information that Carnival will even have those. So the odds of any of Carnival owned cruise lines installing Coke free style machines is a big question.

I believe I had read elsewhere on the Princess boards that it was only the Carnival line and not Carnival Corp that has that contract

If Princess switches to Pepsi,  that would seal the deal for us to NOT get the beverage plan again

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dogdoc2002 said:

I believe I had read elsewhere on the Princess boards that it was only the Carnival line and not Carnival Corp that has that contract

If Princess switches to Pepsi,  that would seal the deal for us to NOT get the beverage plan again

I'll drink Coke but prefer Pepsi.

We don't get the drink packages because we just don't drink that much to make it worth while.

Marty

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dogdoc2002 said:

You might want to reconsider that. I thought the same until I checked to see what Pepsi offers. Check it out.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, antsp said:

My guess to, near the coffee areas.  I’m sure if they had been installed it would be reported. I even know they don’t have toothpicks onboard 

If you like toothpicks after dinner, just ask the hostess.  Some are nice enough to squirrel away some and can give you some if you just ask.  My hubby gave a great end of cruise tip to our hostess (CC dining) as she always had some toothpicks ready for my hubby!  But you might bring some too as you can never tell anymore.

Pooh

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dogdoc2002 said:

you sir/mam are correct ..

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-selects-pepsico-preferred-beverage-partner

3 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:
On 12/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, Chowchows said:

We disembarked this last Saturday.  No freestyle machines.  Like everything they screwed up on with us and lied to us face to face about, the Princess employees are telling you a fib.  I will never sail with Princess again.

Gosh so negative and incorrect. Who told you that the Sky Princess will have Coke free style machines? Carnival is switching to Pepsi starting in 2020. No information on Coke free style machine on any of the ships. I only know of several Royal ships that have them. Not sailing on Princes again because of incorrect info is certainly your choice. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Gosh so negative and incorrect. Who told you that the Sky Princess will have Coke free style machines? Carnival is switching to Pepsi starting in 2020. No information on Coke free style machine on any of the ships. I only know of several Royal ships that have them. Not sailing on Princes again because of incorrect info is certainly your choice. 

There's mixed reports from people calling the call center prior to sailing. If you read the fine print, in the description of the soda plan, it lists that includes Coke Freestyle machines (where available) 

16 minutes ago, dogdoc2002 said:

There's mixed reports from people calling the call center prior to sailing. If you read the fine print, in the description of the soda plan, it lists that includes Coke Freestyle machines (where available) 

Where available is the key word. As far as I know no Princess has them at this time.

22 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Really?

Yeah really.  Why would I want to give my money to a cruise line to have a really crappy experience?

They front desk outright light to us when we tried to fix issues, and then when they got caught in the lie they were backtracking as fast as they could.  We didn't get some stuff we paid for before we went onboard, and they didn't want to deal with it so they swore up and down we did.  I had to spend 3 hours of our vacation on the first night argueing with them to prove I paid for it and we didn't get it.  They they were like "oops, you're right", no real apologies until I started taking their names for the survey.

The apps wouldn't work through the entire cruise and they kept telling me I wasn't doing it right (they would lock down our phones).  Finally they admitted it was a known bug, after having me run all over the ship going from one person to another for help, and laughing at me. 

During the entire cruise we were only waiting on (outside the MDR) once.  The wait staff just ignored us and walked right by us when we were asking for water or drinks. They spent the whole time falling over themselves for the obnoxious 600+ group of travel agents that were onboard.

I realize it's a new ship, but 80% of the food was not cooked properly, and the ship was dirty.  No one was washing their hands, and the crew never asked anyone to do it either.  Many times the sanitizer stations were empty.  I can see why they had a noro outbreak right off the bat. 

I just don't want to sail with a line that is supposed to be on the higher end of the mass market and get this treatment, and I certainly wouldn't want to go with a lower cruise line if this is what the upper end entails.  We are normally easy going and go with the flow, but I couldn't wait to get off this ship.  Princess lost us as customers, and we're pretty sure we are completely done with cruising after this experience.  It's just a matter of there being so many other awesome places to go, and things to experience, and ways to do it while on vacation-why would we want to chance something like this again?  I get that hiccups happen, but to be outright lied to and laughed at, when they knew they had screwed up and later admitted it, makes me say no more!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Not negative about this at all.  I was just trying to help the OP by posting info.  No one ever told me there was a freestyle machine on board, and I didn't want one.  I was just pointing out that the OP's experience of having Princess employees lie to them isn't out of the ordinary, and is the main reason why we won't be back.

2 hours ago, Chowchows said:

Not negative about this at all.  I was just trying to help the OP by posting info.  No one ever told me there was a freestyle machine on board, and I didn't want one.  I was just pointing out that the OP's experience of having Princess employees lie to them isn't out of the ordinary, and is the main reason why we won't be back.

Lie? What lies? I never had any lies told to me on any cruise ship.

Thank you to everyone for posting to my initial question.  I did not mean to upset anyone.  Since Princess themselves were confused if the machines existed I was just looking for more accurate info.  The one place the Princess rep specifically said she saw a Coke Freestyle machine a couple weeks ago while on Sky Princess was in the fitness center.  That seemed like an odd place but if anyone happens to be on the ship and in the fitness center and sees it will you please share.  Thanks again

1 hour ago, AnnBob93 said:

Thank you to everyone for posting to my initial question.  I did not mean to upset anyone.  Since Princess themselves were confused if the machines existed I was just looking for more accurate info.  The one place the Princess rep specifically said she saw a Coke Freestyle machine a couple weeks ago while on Sky Princess was in the fitness center.  That seemed like an odd place but if anyone happens to be on the ship and in the fitness center and sees it will you please share.  Thanks again

I just sent an email to Coke customer service. We will see what kind of rely I get. Bet it is, have no idea.

5 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Lie? What lies? I never had any lies told to me on any cruise ship.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but please re-read what I said.  The original poster that started this thread said that Princess told her something that was obviously a lie-I was replying to that.  My original posts were never directed at you.  The post in reply to you earlier today was trying to explain this.  She had someone lie to her, and I had someone lie to me from Princess.  You were not brought up in the lies. 

5 minutes ago, Chowchows said:

I am not trying to be a jerk, but please re-read what I said.  The original poster that started this thread said that Princess told her something that was obviously a lie-I was replying to that.  My original posts were never directed at you.  The post in reply to you earlier today was trying to explain this.  She had someone lie to her, and I had someone lie to me from Princess.  You were not brought up in the lies. 

I understand that. I am no taking it personal at all. I just want to know what the so called lies were.