Coke freestyle Sky Princess

AnnBob93

We are sailing on the Sky Princess late December.  I just spoke to a Princess representative on the phone.  She stated that the FreeStyle machines were on Sky Princess BUT the only diet soda option is Diet Coke.  From previous post people have stated otherwise.  Can anyone please verify.  On land I am familiar with Coke FreeStyle machines.  The representative lists the available options and put me on hold numerous times.  She encouraged me to bring my own soda onboard.  She state that the soda options will be the same as the soda gun options were from a the previous bartender service method.   I verified this numerous time and waited on hold while she verified it three times and even with a supervisor.   Can anyone shed some light in this who has either been on a Princess ship with the freestyle machine or more specifically Sky Princess.  Thanks

No the Coke Freestyle machines are not on Sky Princess or any other Princess ship at this time. AFAIK Another amazing customer service answer.

It has been listed in the T&C's of some the drink packages about the machines for a year or so but have not been installed.

• Like 2

Interesting supervisor at Princess who still has me on hold says her coworker was on Sky Princess recently and they had Coke Free Style machines.  I don’t understand why Princess can not answer of they have them and if so what options could be available.  If anyone has been on Sky Princess since it’s launch I would appreciate any information you have.

53 minutes ago, AnnBob93 said:

Interesting supervisor at Princess who still has me on hold says her coworker was on Sky Princess recently and they had Coke Free Style machines.  I don’t understand why Princess can not answer of they have them and if so what options could be available.  If anyone has been on Sky Princess since it’s launch I would appreciate any information you have.

I just disembarked the Sky on the 1st after almost 1 month onboard.

They are not installed.

Obviously it was a she said she said she said rumor.

Does not surprise me at all with their adlibbing. 🙄

10 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I just disembarked the Sky on the 1st after almost 1 month onboard.

They are not installed.

Obviously it was a she said she said she said rumor.

Does not surprise me at all with their adlibbing. 🙄

And there you have your answer!  Unfortunately, most Princess representatives have never been on board a ship.

Edited by stoneharborlady
  • Like 1

The Princess cruise line supervisor I spoke to said her coworker who she spoke to while she placed me on hold said the machines were on Sky Princess last week.   Clearly I will bring my own diet soda without caffeine.  I am Elite on Princess but can not trust a word they say at this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Anyone on sky now who can settle this can’t be but one correct answer. 

we are on sky early next year amd want to know

We disembarked this last Saturday.  No freestyle machines.  Like everything they screwed up on with us and lied to us face to face about, the Princess employees are telling you a fib.  I will never sail with Princess again.

A supervisor from Princess emailed me today. She contacted the dietary department.  The Coke Free Style machines have not yet been installed on Sky Princess and will NOT be before our b2b sailing starting December 28 and ending January 11, 2020.  No information on when they plan to install.  It has been a very interesting exchange with Princess.  A representative stating she was just on the boat and they had the machines and others never hearing about them period.  While another stating they are installed but soda options will remain the same as on ships served by bartenders.  However the final word came from dietary.  Still no answer as to when they will be installed and once installed what varieties of beverages will be available.  Back to carrying my soda aboard as well as free mini bar set up since I am Elite.  Side note the supervisor only offered to contact dietary once she learned I was Elite.  All status of passengers should be treated the same.  I am traveling with a large family group and I am the only Elite passenger in our group.  We will range from first time Princess passengers on up.  On our last cruise my husband a Platinum passenger  was treated less than kindly by the front desk when asking a question.  I went up two minutes later and they kindly helped with the same question.  Since it was the same person we interacted with I brought it to the persons attention.  I will be less than pleased if this continues.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Anyone on sky now who can settle this can’t be but one correct answer. 

we are on sky early next year amd want to know

Oh my goodness, read post 4 and 10 on this thread.  It will give you your answer.  Two people just got off this ship and said NO, the machines are NOT installed.  Why would they lie to you?

Edited by stoneharborlady

41 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Oh my goodness, read post 4 and 10 on this thread.  It will give you your answer.  Two people just got off this ship and said NO, the machines are NOT installed.  Why would they lie to you?

given that my post was #7, reading #10 would have been quite a neat trick wouldn’t it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Sorry, you got me there.  But #4 is posted by a frequent Princess cruiser, and a longtime member of this forum.   His answer is very reliable.

numbers 1/3/6 appear to contain very credible information and were sourced properly. hence the conundrum. im left to wonder why some responses seem so dismissive

moving on now

Edited by Bgwest
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

numbers 1/3/6 appear to contain very credible information and were sourced properly. hence the conundrum. im left to wonder why some responses seem so dismissive

moving on now

Not really a conundrum.  Princess reps are notorious for giving incorrect info.  I would trust those who just got off the ship.

I am really surprised they are installing these machines given the frequency of noro-type incidences that are becoming so prevalent.  When there is an active noro incident they close down all self-serve drink services.  They station people in the buffet and they don't want you even touching the serving utensils.  No utensils, salt, sugar, etc. on tables.  In the dining rooms they serve you a piece of butter, they'll bring you a package or two of sweetener, etc.

These machines may eventually be installed but what do you want to bet they'll be disabled or moved frequently to avoid a point of cross contamination.

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

moving on now

I just got off the Sky on the 7th and they were not installed. 
And as said, Colo Cruiser just got off a long sailing and didn’t see them. 

often times, the real answer is found on here and totally contradicts what princess tells you on the phone. That’s why I get the majority of  my real time answers from cruise critic members. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

moving on now

None of those people had actually seen them on the ship.

People that have actually been on the ship say those machines do not exist.

1 hour ago, mamkmm2 said:

I am really surprised they are installing these machines given the frequency of noro-type incidences that are becoming so prevalent.  When there is an active noro incident they close down all self-serve drink services.  They station people in the buffet and they don't want you even touching the serving utensils.  No utensils, salt, sugar, etc. on tables.  In the dining rooms they serve you a piece of butter, they'll bring you a package or two of sweetener, etc.

These machines may eventually be installed but what do you want to bet they'll be disabled or moved frequently to avoid a point of cross contamination.

These machines have been on Royal Caribbean (and oddly enough, HAL's Nieuw Statendam) for years now and they've never caused any issues that I've ever heard of. They supply you the same tumbler Princess does except it has a chip in the bottom to activate the fountain and voila! I much prefer these machines simply so I don't have to bother a bartender just to get a soda. I'm all for Princess getting them!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm currently onboard and can confirm there is still no sightings of the Freestyle machines. I was bummed as I prefer Coke Zero. Wifey decided she wanted the soda package but I don't think it's worth the cost since they did away with just the soda package (I think it's $11 something a day now)