Golden Princess "Strip Show"

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Right there you have the makings of a new movie. "Carry On Cruise Director". The Poms would flock to that.

Right on, bring back Sid James, Charles Hawtrey, Barbara Windsor and co.  Just up the classification from G to PG.🤣

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe the "cruise of a lifetime" were words written by the producer from A Current Affair.

Hmmm... that's a point.  You could well be right.  

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I always thought A Current Affair was about an Electrician making house wives amped on their house calls.

I can't resist or answer that. I don't have the capacity.

Storm in tea cup.......  Basically if you do not like it,    walk out.. pretty simple.....

But that said.... a bit tacky on Princess... more a Carnival thing..... and then each to his own...

On our last cruise on the Golden which was the one before....  these people 

Did see some Carnival things  :-

Gentleman in shorts, singlet ,thongs and cap on back to front with a stubby in hand waiting for a lift.

Discarded Pizza box with half a pizza in a lift lobby....

And a young person on the floor of a lift lobby half asleep ( it was after lunch ) 

Cheers Don

and by the way we had a great cruise....

On 1/17/2020 at 1:13 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Entertainment is in the eye of the beholder, but don't Carnival and RCI also partake of the Quest? It's almost a nautical tradition.

Even Disney, the most conservative of cruise lines when it comes to "adult entertainment", does the Quest on their ships! Certainly not as risque as the other lines (the worst I've seen is men needing a woman's bra), but it's still 18+

Edited by ivanp91

6 hours ago, ivanp91 said:

Even Disney, the most conservative of cruise lines when it comes to "adult entertainment", does the Quest on their ships! Certainly not as risque as the other lines (the worst I've seen is men needing a woman's bra), but it's still 18+

I have seen worse by the pool during the day and there was no Rated R warning.

15 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Storm in tea cup.......  Basically if you do not like it,    walk out.. pretty simple.....

But that said.... a bit tacky on Princess... more a Carnival thing..... and then each to his own...

On our last cruise on the Golden which was the one before....  these people 

Did see some Carnival things  :-

Gentleman in shorts, singlet ,thongs and cap on back to front with a stubby in hand waiting for a lift.

Discarded Pizza box with half a pizza in a lift lobby....

And a young person on the floor of a lift lobby half asleep ( it was after lunch ) 

Cheers Don

and by the way we had a great cruise....

Ye Gods, the Carnival and P&O Mob have infiltrated my beloved Princess Cruise Line.  But did they 'Come Back New.?'

• Haha 1

I almost choked on my cup of tea when I read 'Golden Princess Strip Show' as the heading on this thread!  We cruised twice on the Golden in 2018. Surely not the passengers on the Golden behaving that way. Then I watched the video and read the report from the link given by lyndarra, it all made sense, a couple of people whose expectations of cruising were not what the reality was. As others have said events similar to the Quest are given R rating and advised as Adults Only. Why stay if you are offended? I checked the Patters from our last Golden cruise in November 2018 to NZ, the only show which could possibly be classed in the same category was Adult Jokes at 11.45 pm. The rating given was PG 18. Perhaps Princess is trying to attract younger passengers hence the Quest show being on now. I wonder what other attendees at the show had to say about it. 

As for missing ports, wow, we most likely have missed ports, I know we have, it is part of cruising. Weather, emergencies due to illness, accidents and mechanical problems all play a part in why ships miss ports. Evidently this couple didn't do enough research on what to expect on a cruise. I hope they have had their 15 mins of fame now!

Leigh

59 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/829628/frantelle-spring-water

Comparatively expensive at $13 for 20 600ml bottles. Woolies own brand is $8.40 for 24 600ml bottles. 

But are the woollies brand water filled from pure woollies taps or from elsewhere?

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

There’s a bunch of rainbow lorikeets squawking away outside my balcony window.

Should I complain to ACA?

Should I throw a bottle of Frantelle at them?

Distraught.

You're lucky. I get a couple of hundred screeching corellas each evening at dusk in the trees around my house and on my roof. They elbowed the lorikeets out.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You guys are lucky, we get a bunch of pollies down here every so often and they screech and squawk but never seen to achieve anything much but more problems.

Don’t you mean galahs? 😁

• Like 2