GRATUITIES

ROYALBOY

I also use it when I think the post is funny....or clever.  For clever I might also use the like.

I last used the smiley face for "you can smell the cheapness" because I thought it was funny, and clever, I could also have used the like, I guess.

Edited by mafig
  • Thanks 1

I really do appreciate the guidance and suggestions I have been receiving from folks that have been long time posters. 

Too bad I can't contact them personally .

Being new to this, I find it very difficult to maintain my composure and stay within the Guidelines when I see people purposely trying to get negative reactions that they know are deserved. 

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Question-- Can someone please explain what the laughing symbol means in the " reactions " ? 

Are they laughing at the poster , as in making fun of the post, or that they enjoy the post ?

Thanks

Yes! :classic_biggrin:

It all depends on the context. Also, those with thick skins "know" that people are laughing with them, while those who are less self-assured are convinced that the posters are laughing at them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I really do appreciate the guidance and suggestions I have been receiving from folks that have been long time posters. 

Being new to this, I find it very difficult to maintain my composure and stay within the Guidelines when I see people purposely trying to get negative reactions that they know are deserved. 

I suppose that the best bit of advice that I can offer about joining a new board is to lurk for a while to get a feel for it. Then start posting on a safe subject, something less contentious than gratuities, as you continue to read and learn. Just remember that spring and golf are just around the corner! 🏌️

Edited by Fouremco
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I suppose that the best bit of advice that I can offer about joining a new board is to lurk for a while to get a feel for it. Then start posting on a safe subject, something less contentious than gratuities, as you continue to read and learn. Just remember that spring and golf are just around the corner! 🏌️

f - I happen to think that gratuities and dress codes are very safe topics... LOL

Just depends on how one responds, in kind...

thanks and bon voyage

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

I actually don't want to have personal messages enabled. Some people can be very unkind on the boards - think what it would be like privately! 😮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

p - you can contact me personally, as others have done, email link is in my signature....

bon voyage

I never pay Tips always  have them removed and wear shorts and a baseball cap to the MDR, and a sleeveless T Shirt sometimes

I have paid for my cruise I can do what I like , 

Wow if I was like that I would never cruise with me 😱😱😎😂

or a cruiseline that that would take me

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Personal messaging has never been activated on the CC website (at least not in the 10 years that I've been on the boards). The 'ignore' function however, does work quite well -- and can be your best friend!😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2