sharing cabin

zaniah02

Do anyone think siblings 2ย daughtersย ย 21, 19, and son 23. Are to old to share a cabin. The cruise that I want to go on next year do not have single cabins. Next year by the time we bookย ย ย the cruise he is trying to get a roommate. But if not it will save money the siblingsย ย to share ย the one cabin.

Edited by zaniah02

39 minutes ago, zaniah02 said:

Do anyone think siblings 2ย daughtersย ย 21, 19, and son 23. Are to old to share a cabin. The cruise that I want to go on next year do not have single cabins. Next year by the time we bookย ย ย the cruise he is trying to get a roommate. But if not it will save money the siblingsย ย to share ย the one cabin.

Welcome to CC. IMO only you as the parent will know and have the correct answer concerning your family.ย 

You may have an issue depending on the cruise line... check your cruise contracts for minimum age per cabin when there is an underage person present, which may vary based on destination (e.g. if this is a Mediterranean cruise, all the kids can legally drink so none of them likely count as 'minors' needing supervisionย  - but if it's a US roundtrip caribbean jaunt, there may be a requirement to have a 25+ year old with the 19 year old...)

ย 

Other than contract issues, it's just going to be common sense stuff. Do they or did they share a room at home? How well do they get along? How used to being in close quarters for extended periods are they? I know if it were me and my siblings, at least one of us would be overboard by the first sea day...

ย 

But at the end of the day, if mom & dad are paying then the 'kids' can either suck up what's on offer or pay their own way for another cabin!!!

ย 

24 minutes ago, martincath said:

You may have an issue depending on the cruise line... check your cruise contracts for minimum age per cabin when there is an underage person present....

ย 

With most cruise lines as long as you list one of the parents in the stateroom (and one of the kids with the other for occupancy limits)ย it will be fine.ย  Once on board they stay where they stay - especially as the are all over 18 -ย and guest services will issue duplicate room cards as necessary.

ย 

1 hour ago, martincath said:

You may have an issue depending on the cruise line... check your cruise contracts for minimum age per cabin when there is an underage person present, which may vary based on destination (e.g. if this is a Mediterranean cruise, all the kids can legally drink so none of them likely count as 'minors' needing supervisionย  - but if it's a US roundtrip caribbean jaunt, there may be a requirement to have a 25+ year old with the 19 year old...)

ย 

Other than contract issues, it's just going to be common sense stuff. Do they or did they share a room at home? How well do they get along? How used to being in close quarters for extended periods are they? I know if it were me and my siblings, at least one of us would be overboard by the first sea day...

ย 

But at the end of the day, if mom & dad are paying then the 'kids' can either suck up what's on offer or pay their own way for another cabin!!!

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

With most cruise lines as long as you list one of the parents in the stateroom (and one of the kids with the other for occupancy limits)ย it will be fine.ย  Once on board they stay where they stay - especially as the are all over 18 -ย and guest services will issue duplicate room cards as necessary.

ย 

With Carnival, as long as the reservations are linked, the 25+ person doesn't have to be in the same room (you have to call to book this way, though).ย  I don't know which line that OP is considering, just throwing that out there.

In 1997 I shared a motel room with my sibs. We were 56, 54, and 33 at the time [emoji12]
We had more fun than being a barrel of monkeys. And we definitely did not bounce on the beds, nope, not even once, nope!!!
Sounds like it's up to the cruise line rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Who else would be in the second cabin? When we took our grown up kids last year, my husband and I split up and he and the 2 guys were in one cabin, myself and daughter in the other๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป The guys got the balcony cabin since there were 3 of them, and us 2 gals got the inside room across the hall.... but we visited often ๐Ÿ™‚

My input is always the same, if they can play nice at home, then it should be fine. It's good to have the discussion about respecting everyone's privacy and space. That includes picking up after yourself. Know that you can also use the gym showers if that will help. When our family of four traveled together, adults took showers in the evening and the kids in the morning.