"Live" From Oasis of the Seas. February 16-23, 2020 - AMPed Up Oasis Looking For Maureencruiser

53 minutes ago, mcgore83 said:

I am also confused about the seating in the lifeboats.  I am curious.  I hope we get answers.

It looks to me like everyone sits on either a blue circle or a yellow triangle and then there is a place to put your feet, either on a foot rest or down in a well if you are sitting on the floor.

1 hour ago, joand452 said:

I don't understand how folks are supposed to sit in the lifeboats.  

9E1BCF76-15C9-4D65-A137-385A906E32AE_zps

Hoping I never have real-life experience...

In looking at the picture, it makes me think  people sit back to back on those seats with their feet on the striped pads.  There are arrows and my guess is that the yellow circles are for handicapped people.  Where there are no seats, I would guess people would stand.  THIS IS ALL GUESSING.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

It looks to me like everyone sits on either a blue circle or a yellow triangle and then there is a place to put your feet, either on a foot rest or down in a well if you are sitting on the floor.

Thank you!

On 2/19/2020 at 10:30 AM, MrFunInTheSun said:

This cookie dessert is made fresh to order each time. Takes them about 7 minutes to make as I obviously didn’t want it at the same times as my other food so my waiter advised me to give him at least 7 minute notice when I wanted it. 😀

This dessert was amazing, but most certainly not a daily event.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

96E4098B-E28F-4216-A4E1-33B3D36769F0_zps

I’ve also confirmed that lunch and dinner is now one and the same menu. You can get ribs for lunch. For a very brief period they had a lunch menu but that didn’t go over well so they moved it back to lunch and dinner for the same menu.

Also Portside BBQ will be going on Allure of the seas once she goes through her Ampted up upgrades. 😀

Photo used for effect... I now know my embarkation day lunch. MMMMM

EDIT: not to diminish the turkey, but now was it?  Any cranberry?

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mcgore83 said:

I am also confused about the seating in the lifeboats.  I am curious.  I hope we get answers.

Not at all what I would’ve pictured. I would’ve thought it would’ve just been a bunch of bench seats. I don’t see how those lifeboats could carry 150 people with that seating arrangement. I would expect utter chaos with that type of setup. We need answers!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blarko said:

Not at all what I would’ve pictured. I would’ve thought it would’ve just been a bunch of bench seats. I don’t see how those lifeboats could carry 150 people with that seating arrangement. I would expect utter chaos with that type of setup. We need answers!!

Perhaps it is a "Twister mat" so that folks will be entertained????? Remember this???

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’ve posted pictures of the inside of the lifeboats in one of my older “Live” on one of these four Oasis class ships. Where were you all then seeing those pictures and asking the why or how. 🤪 We May have had answers now if we started asking them. 😀 All joking aside I am kind of surprised more didn’t ask during those trip reports. 😀

• Like 1

Wish I could say I’ve got exciting adventures and pictures to post for you today but that is not reality. It has been a very low key day. While I feel those hangover pills helped I had a reduced version hang over today I believe. No headaches, no upchucking, just plain tired. Think I got off the ship around 11am and just took a walk around the pier and bought a bag of amazing popcorn sold at the pier. Then while eating said popcorn walked over to the marina then made my way back to the pier and sat there for a bit people watching. 

Then made my way back to the ship and took up space in various areas of the ship just relaxing. 3:30 I went back to my room to take a real nap there I had dozed a few times in the sun at my previous locations. 

It wasn’t until I made it back to my room for a nap that I was officially winning! 

Around 6 I had a knock on my door from my room steward, good timing I had dinner reservations at 6:30. 😀

3FB725DC-B52B-45D6-A983-D56044FAD2D0_zps

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

I’ve posted pictures of the inside of the lifeboats in one of my older “Live” on one of these four Oasis class ships. Where were you all then seeing those pictures and asking the why or how. 🤪 We May have had answers now if we started asking them. 😀 All joking aside I am kind of surprised more didn’t ask during those trip reports. 😀

This is the first review of yours that I’ve followed and didn’t know there were previous reviews with pictures of the lifeboats. I’ll try to find those posts in your previous reviews. Sorry about that.

Edited by blarko

3 minutes ago, blarko said:

This is the first review of yours that I’ve followed and didn’t know there were previous reviews with pictures of the lifeboats. I’ll try to find those posts in your previous reviews. Sorry about that.

haha. No need to be sorry I was just messing with y’all. My sarcasm kicking in. 😀 Since I’ve posted similar life boat p pictures before and this trip it’s seems they got noticed the most with the most comments. 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mets123 said:

How did you get inside the life boats?

Port days are good times to catch one of them open to see as its drill and maintenance day. This particular one was open when I was walking by. I didn’t actually get into it but the kid in me really wanted to though. 😀

• Like 2

I think the lifeboats are designed to hold more people with a sort of double decker effect.  I think a butt goes everywhere that there is a shape.  Some sit higher up back to back, and some site on the "floor" with their feet in the well.  Guessing they can pack in more people with that arrangement than benches.  If you're in the lifeboat, comfort is a low priority.

8 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

What did you end up doing in St. Thomas? We go there for the first time next year.

Not sure what MrFITS did, but a beach day at Magens Bay is common.  Beautiful beach.  We enjoyed going to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island during our last stop.  There is a small ferry boat that runs back/forth to the island every 30 minutes from the marina that is next to the Crown Bay Cruise Port.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1