RCL Stock

heidikay

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

The big three seem to be tracking in general terms.  Too early to call, trading just started.

Market opened an hour ago and it was flat and only RCL stock down while NCLH and CCL were up.  I see RCL just ticked up a bit.  Was thinking maybe the investor lawsuit had something to do with it but doesn’t seem like it. 

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No restart news I guess?

10:35 ET - Royal Caribbean is planning for a gradual return to service in 1H, Finance Chief Jason Liberty says. "The ramp up will not be a light switch," Liberty says on a conference call. The company has paused sailings through the end of November, a month past the CDC's expiration of its cruising ban this Saturday. Spring cruises will be focused on short sailings from key dry markets in the US and Asia-Pacific regions, Liberty says. The company will make the most out of its private island in the Bahamas, he adds. "Bookings for the spring season have remained below pre-COVID-19 levels, which is consistent with our staggered return to service approach and lower planned occupancy expectations," Liberty says. 

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

10:35 ET - Royal Caribbean is planning for a gradual return to service in 1H, Finance Chief Jason Liberty says. "The ramp up will not be a light switch," Liberty says on a conference call. The company has paused sailings through the end of November, a month past the CDC's expiration of its cruising ban this Saturday. Spring cruises will be focused on short sailings from key dry markets in the US and Asia-Pacific regions, Liberty says. The company will make the most out of its private island in the Bahamas, he adds. "Bookings for the spring season have remained below pre-COVID-19 levels, which is consistent with our staggered return to service approach and lower planned occupancy expectations," Liberty says. 

Interesting. Wonder what happened to winter?  And what is 1H?

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Interesting. Wonder what happened to winter?

As we say here in NYC...

Fuggedaboutit 

With new COVID cases dramatically on the rise here and in Europe, there is no way any cruising will take place in the winter.

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Wondering the same. Sounds more and more like the March start. 

M8

Just now, yogimax said:

As we say here in NYC...

Fuggedaboutit 

With new COVID cases dramatically on the rise here and in Europe, there is no way any cruising will take place in the winter.

What is 1H?  He said "return to service in 1H"  One hour  LOL 

18 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Were they referring to TUI?  More or less breaking even doesn’t sound very promising. 

Is Hapag Lloyd sailing?  They said Silversea had resumed some cruises but SS just pulled everything through December off their website.  Not entirely sure but assume TUI factored into that statement.

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Is Hapag Lloyd sailing?  They said Silversea had resumed some cruises but SS just pulled everything through December off their website.  Not entirely sure but assume TUI factored into that statement.

Silversea had one charter sailing and Hapag Lloyd is sailing as well as TUI.  Maybe with the Quantum Singapore sailings they’ll at least break even. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Silversea had one charter sailing and Hapag Lloyd is sailing as well as TUI.  Maybe with the Quantum Singapore sailings they’ll at least break even. 

I think a true break even is months away.  Right now it's more a bandaid on a large gash trying to slow the bleed.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

Get ready for the tens (if not hundreds) of "my itinerary has changed", "my ship has been changed", "my ship has been sold", "my cruise has been cancelled", "my 20 FCC's I have are going to be useless" etc threads in the next few months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Get ready for the tens (if not hundreds) of "my itinerary has changed", "my ship has been changed", "my ship has been sold", "my cruise has been cancelled", "my 20 FCC's I have are going to be useless" etc threads in the next few months.

You are probably correct.  Also note the admission that Spring bookings are below pre-COVID levels.

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

That should not be a surprise to anyone that has been following the situation,  They have been indicating this sort of start up for a long time. 

I tend to think that ships are going to be far more empty that RCI thinks. With CWC plenty of people are probably waiting until closer to sailing to pull the plug on going. This isn't like the past where they would have a pretty good idea by final payment who was going and was not. I already cancelled January as there won't be enough time to get feedback on how things are going on the ships and I just don't want to have to deal with having a FCC and a deadline for using it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

That should not be a surprise to anyone that has been following the situation,  They have been indicating this sort of start up for a long time. 

I agree. Shouldn't be ...  however an excess number of threads/posts on this forum over the past 7-8 months from quite a few people in immense denial, yet they have the same overabundance of information as anyone else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I tend to think that ships are going to be far more empty that RCI thinks. With CWC plenty of people are probably waiting until closer to sailing to pull the plug on going. This isn't like the past where they would have a pretty good idea by final payment who was going and was not. I already cancelled January as there won't be enough time to get feedback on how things are going on the ships and I just don't want to have to deal with having a FCC and a deadline for using it. 

I tend to think ships will be a lot more empty than what CC users think.  

I think Royal knows exactly how empty the ships will be.  They won't say that publically and neither would I if it was my company.  

• Like 3