What is the % passenger load at present?

GrJ Berks

In view of the coronavirus issues, what % of the full ship is on the 4 Regent ships currently operating as Voyager has had Asia cancelled and is to relocate in Abu Dhabi in a few weeks time. Mariner is re-routed on it's world cruise. What about Navigator , Splendour and Explorer are they cruising full or well down on passengers?

We next sail from Tahiti on April 7th and any passenger to board must have a medical certificate of good health if they have been through mostly East Asian ports or airports since January 1st this year - A French Polynesian Government requirement. This must mean that some passengers will drop out.

Equally our UK travel agents tell me that people are currently reluctant to book anything in Asia and Italian bookings are also now being affected. 

Interesting Seatrade article:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/net-cruise-bookings-around-zero-now-wells-fargo-estimates

Most of cancellations are second quarter with half rebooking in later quarter; this explains Regent delaying final payment to cut down on these cancellations just before final payment.  Article also says little impact on 2021 so far.

As for your question:  Splendor's first few sailing have been fully sold for a while.  Explorer seems to be full in Caribbean but the transatlantic (which I just scored a great deal on) is somewhat empty.  Mariner and Navigator seem to be less than full for reasons you stated.  Voyager just left Penang enroute to Colombo Sri Lanka with arrival date of 5 March; still no idea where she will spend the month before needing to be in Abu Dhabi.  Summer med season (at least starting in July) is pretty wide open so maybe that is where the cancellations have happened.  Mariner Alaska is somewhat open and Regent has started discounting.  

Marc

The US Government and CDC advice to "reconsider travel" and to "avoid all non-essential travel" to the whole of Italy is liable to have a further devastating effect on the travel industry in the Mediterranean for this Spring & Summer.

With Mariner, Splendor & Voyager all scheduled to call in at Italian ports from the end of April onwards this latest advice will cause further headaches for Regent management. 

On 2/29/2020 at 5:09 AM, flossie009 said:

The US Government and CDC advice to "reconsider travel" and to "avoid all non-essential travel" to the whole of Italy is liable to have a further devastating effect on the travel industry in the Mediterranean for this Spring & Summer.

With Mariner, Splendor & Voyager all scheduled to call in at Italian ports from the end of April onwards this latest advice will cause further headaches for Regent management. 

Makes me wonder if I’m crazy or stupid...we just booked two cabins on Splendor in late May going to Italy.  We hadn’t planned on going but my daughter is just returning from a deployment to Afghanistan (Navy nurse) and she wanted her ‘welcome home’ to be a Regent cruise to Europe, specifically Italy.

Hopefully education and warmer weather will combine to help alleviate this bug bu then.  Hopefully.

With 2-3 months before your cruise the virus cases in Italy may well have peaked and be well on the decline.

In China the figures show 'recoveries' now exceeding 'new cases'; whereas in the rest of the world new cases are accelerating.

Here's hoping we get to Italy in early May, on Voyager, and you get there in late May on Splendor.

Edited by flossie009

We, too are booked on the 11 May Voyager cruise from Venice and are still hoping for the best. News of the "Regent Reassurance" offer seems to be slow in reaching the UK with nothing (that I can see) on the RSSC UK website but I cannot imagine that the offer would be confined to US customers. I have asked my TA to chase but we would want two see how things develop before taking any final decision.

We were in Vietnam, Cambodia and Singapore (with Scenic) in February and had a wonderful holiday. Interesting to see swift and effective measures being taken in Singapore in particular which do seem to have been effective.

According to MarineTraffic, Voyager left Columbo at 17:49 (local time) and is now routed direct to Abu Dhabi, arriving there in a weeks time on Thursday  March 12.

Next passenger cruise for Voyager is scheduled to depart Abu Dhabi on April 16, so it looks like she will be parked up for a month .................. unless they start offering "trips around the Gulf😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

So they maybe docked and took on supplies as Sri Lanka are allowing this but no passengers allowed off as apparently most cruisers are 0ver 50 and therefore more likely to get Coronavirus!!

Voyager has no passengers on board.

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

With 2-3 months before your cruise the virus cases in Italy may well have peaked and be well on the decline.

In China the figures show 'recoveries' now exceeding 'new cases'; whereas in the rest of the world new cases are accelerating.

Here's hoping we get to Italy in early May, on Voyager, and you get there in late May on Splendor.

🥂

• Like 1

"In China the figures show 'recoveries' now exceeding 'new cases'; whereas in the rest of the world new cases are accelerating."

Assuming of course you believe the Chinese figures that are being reported...

On 2/28/2020 at 12:26 AM, GrJ Berks said:

We next sail from Tahiti on April 7th and any passenger to board must have a medical certificate of good health if they have been through mostly East Asian ports or airports since January 1st this year - A French Polynesian Government requirement. This must mean that some passengers will drop out.

This has been updated to apply to ALL people regardless of travel history just present a medical certificate to enter French Polynesia.

Any update on % passengers on each of the 4 operational Regent ships at present.? I know that Voyager is not currently sailing with passengers on its way to Abu Dhabi .

How many have cancelled as a result of the reassurance deal. At which point does a cruise not become viable? 50% of passengers? More or less?

At a UK Regent promotions event this week - lots of questions to answer 

Currently on the Explorer. This cruise has been sold out for months. Just out of curiosity I asked about occupancy when we boarded. Of course they said the were full.

I know this is not true.

The week before we left, I checked our Internet travel agency site. It is one of those sites where you can actually see the cabin numbers available so you know it is accurate.

Usually the week before a ship leaves this info is not available. 
 There 5 different catagories , some with more than one cabins available.

We are scheduled to do the Explorer TA on April 3rd. Since Regent has graciously given us some breathing time, before we must "fish or cut bait", we haven't made a firm decision yet on whether to go or not. 

I've been checking an internet source (like Shippy) to see cabin availability and for this particular cruise there's LOADS of cabins. However there were lots before I even knew what "Corona" was. I think that most folks wanted the Splendor TA that close in timing to the Explorer's. The last I checked there were at least 50+ cabins available. And that doesn't mean that's all....probably more. Almost all catagories were open, except the very top top.

7 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

I just checked and was shocked to see the amount of suites available! I would estimate the ship is at least 30% empty

I was shocked too.  But from a health point of view I suppose "fewer is better"...

On 3/5/2020 at 9:13 AM, wcsdkqh said:

"In China the figures show 'recoveries' now exceeding 'new cases'; whereas in the rest of the world new cases are accelerating."

Assuming of course you believe the Chinese figures that are being reported...

That is a bit harsh - the Chinese seem to be reporting things pretty accurately now and their statistics (and the way they are dealing with this) are monitored by WHO.  There was a team from WHO in China two weeks ago.  The lead doctor on that team said he was impressed by the professionalism AND treatment being used by the Chinese.  

• Like 1