New travel policy coming soon from Royal

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Long ways to go.  This just covered my cruise next week (still going) and my July Alaska cruise (hoping to go but to early to say for sure).  Still have 2 in November and one in December after that

You are living the good life!  Have fun and enjoy!  Good to have a back up plan in place, but so much can change day by day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just this year.  Back to 2 a year next year.

2 is what I would like to do each year.  Being a teacher with kids in school, there's only so many breaks we have (and the prices are always way more!)  

I agree, I love that this is in place.

So I just spoke with my agent and since my cruise is April 27 I am still out $$.This was a non-refundable deposit booking. And if I wait till the 48hrs to cancel wouldn't I loss more since I am really in penalty. Please explain I guess I thought we could cancel with no penalty since are date is in the time frame as mentioned.

1 minute ago, ticketsunlimited said:

no pun intended, right?

I needed a "rim shot" gif.  :-)

I have a RCL coming up the 21st of March where I am driving to port.  Would have loved some $200 free OBC.
I have a June Celebrity date with final payment due in a few days that requires me flying to Bayonne. 
I'm out on that one.  Too much uncertainty on where this is all headed at this point.  No point in tying up more cash than the initial deposit and air fare.
Cruises aren't the most in demand thing right now so if things blow over I feel pretty confident I can rebook it later if I decide to go.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Waiting to see details but I'm sure it will be similar to Princess.  The 48 hour only applies to sailing that are currently close to departure.

they are saying any sailing through July 21st

19 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Well I’m happy they have this in place, although you have to pay the new booking deposit.

Yep, AND any price increase as well.  People will find it virtually impossible to get a comparable cruise on the same ship in the same cabin without having to put up a substantial amount of money.

Edited by ryano

10 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

I'm hoping 75% of my sailing cancels since they're not offering any impetus to maintain your booking.  Maybe I'll get upgraded to a suite and have CocoCay to myself.  😃

I'm with you...already on the phone with my TA and looking to upgrade my cabin!  Stay tuned......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuiteLady said:

I'm with you...already on the phone with my TA and looking to upgrade my cabin!  Stay tuned......

Our affected cruise is a B2B, while I'd love an upgrade it's more important to me that we keep the same room across both cruises so I'm not too hopeful

24 minutes ago, Nyc2tropics said:

Im booked on Oasis for mid May. Hoping the virus dissipates in the next month or so but Incase it doesn’t I’m happy to hear Royal is offering 100% FCC. Well done 

FYI...there are price drops going on (surprise, surprise)....I just called my TA to try and upgrade my cabin!

3 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

they are saying any sailing through July 21st

Here is the policy from Princess and Carnival.  It is significantly different.  The 100% FCC only extends to sailing until May 31

lease find below the applicable departure dates and changes to our standard policies:

Date of Departure* Benefit
Apr 3 or earlier Cancel up to 72 hours before sailing to receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
Apr 4 – May 31 Cancel by Mar 31 and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
Jun 1 – Jun 30 Final payment moves to 60 days prior to sailing

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier.

1 minute ago, awestover89 said:

Our affected cruise is a B2B, while I'd love an upgrade it's more important to me that we keep the same room across both cruises so I'm not too hopeful

Bummer.....well, doesn't hurt to ask and you have up to 48 hrs to cancel.....

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here is the policy from Princess and Carnival.  It is significantly different.  The 100% FCC only extends to sailing until May 31

lease find below the applicable departure dates and changes to our standard policies:

Date of Departure* Benefit
Apr 3 or earlier Cancel up to 72 hours before sailing to receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
Apr 4 – May 31 Cancel by Mar 31 and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
Jun 1 – Jun 30 Final payment moves to 60 days prior to sailing

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier.

Royal cancel.jpg

14 minutes ago, ryano said:

Yep, AND any price increase as well.  People will find it virtually impossible to get a comparable cruise on the same ship in the same cabin without having to put up a substantial amount of money.

I actually just did a mock booking and not much of a price difference for all , same itinerary and cabin.