Trying to call RCCL and can't get through

I've been trying to call RCCL and just don't seem to be anyone picking up the queue. . I call last night and was on hold for over 30 minutes. . I am literally on the phone now and have been on hold for 1.5 hours.. is anyone else having a problem getting their calls answered? I totally understand the call volume must be high due to this Coronavirus issue.. but they say it was like only a 15 minute hold.. 

Just now, karonijo said:

I've been trying to call RCCL and just don't seem to be anyone picking up the queue. . I call last night and was on hold for over 30 minutes. . I am literally on the phone now and have been on hold for 1.5 hours.. is anyone else having a problem getting their calls answered? I totally understand the call volume must be high due to this Coronavirus issue.. but they say it was like only a 15 minute hold.. 

select that you want to book a cruise. Faster sometimes

• Like 2

This is why I will wait a week so that those flying in next 4 weeks can get things taken care of as my cruise to Italy is in May.

Now if RCI was good at tech, most cancels and changes could be done online with option to select FCC and credits for excursions.

Oh well hope they add more agents otherwise the current batch are gonna be very grumpy soon.

27 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No dice. That's a survey -- I assume they get back to you when they have time.  No direct cancellation interface on the website as far as I can tell.

Also, if you booked through an agent and you are calling to cancel using the Cruise with Confidence program, you have to call your agent. Not sure what to do if you're agent is closed and you're close to the 48 hour deadline.l

20 minutes ago, kevinkingmd said:

Also, if you booked through an agent and you are calling to cancel using the Cruise with Confidence program, you have to call your agent. Not sure what to do if you're agent is closed and you're close to the 48 hour deadline.l

I would be looking for a TA with better hours.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, kevinkingmd said:

No dice. That's a survey -- I assume they get back to you when they have time.  No direct cancellation interface on the website as far as I can tell.

Don’t forget that the 48 hours is actually closer to 63 - 65

It is 48 hours to 12:01 am on the day the ship departs which is 15-18 hours later.

i can see a lot of people making the call too late. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don’t forget that the 48 hours is actually closer to 63 - 65

It is 48 hours to 12:01 am on the day the ship departs which is 15-18 hours later.

i can see a lot of people making the call too late. 

So if our cruise leaves on a Monday I would have to cancel sometime Friday is that correct?

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

This is why I will wait a week so that those flying in next 4 weeks can get things taken care of as my cruise to Italy is in May.

Now if RCI was good at tech, most cancels and changes could be done online with option to select FCC and credits for excursions.

Oh well hope they add more agents otherwise the current batch are gonna be very grumpy soon.

As some one who makes there living in global scale ecommerce....I can tell you quite clearly that it is impossible to implement a front end and back end change to support a brand new cancel and FCC policy like that in 3 days.

The best any of us can do is to stop the panic.  If you want to cancel/change your cruise great.....if you are sailing in the next 5 days....do it now....if you are sailing next month...wait a while....but no.....no one will do that because

1. Cruise ships and itineraries fill up fast

2. Pricing is dynamic so if you wait people are concerned about (and rightfully so) paying more for the same thing later

It is what it is....a cluster.  If RCCL amended their policy to a price match to previous for same itinerary/vessel and promoted the crap out of it....they would see a significant drop if call volume.  But as all business decisions it is a simple math equation....am I spending more on OT at the call center for 4 weeks or would I spend more doing a price match to relieve pressure at the call center.  Since humans are so predicable in panics even if they did implement a price match they would still have higher than normal call volumes (but at a slightly lower rate then they have now).

At least they haven't done what air canada did when they screwed up their migration to a new program several weeks ago.....they just turned off their phones at CS and put a message up saying "call back in a week.  If you are traveling now, you have to handle it at the airport and not on the phone".

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, threeofus said:

I am trying to book a cruise and NONE of my credit cards are working.  Yet they are all working everywhere else.  Can't get through to a representative.  Oh well!!

That happened to me too. Turns out, there was a maximum daily limit on my card and I had to separate my payments over multiple days in order for it to go through. The representative I talked to said that it's pretty common. Have you tried a smaller amount? 

I'm trying to cancel with my TA (big box store) and I'm on hold for hours at a time.  Last night on hold for 2.5 hours, finally gave up and went to bed.  This morning, 3 hours on hold till I was disconnected.  Called back, got disconnected again at right about the 3 hour mark, and now I'm on hold yet again.  My final payment date is this Thursday and I'd really like to cancel before then, although if I can't get through I'll just pay the balance and cancel when I can get through (which will mean Royal will be holding a lot more of my $ till I rebook).  It's very frustrating!!  I feel for those who are 2-3 days out and want to cancel but can't get through ...

1 hour ago, Michelle H said:

On phone with them now. Called the C&A number as we're diamond members, and they answered after 27 minutes.

Similar experience for me.  Gave up on the general number but got through to C&A after about 30 minutes.  I imagine that they are swamped right now.  Call, put your mobile phone on speaker, plug it into a power outlet, and go about your business until you hear someone answer.

• Like 1