Air Tahiti Nui passengers headed for Regatta

Petoonya

There are a few more Tahiti Regatta sailings before our Tahiti Regatta on 4/14. For all those flying Air Tahiti Nui they have blank medical certificates on their website. They're odd, with no official designation requested- could be signed by your grandchild. But it also says that medical personnel will be there at check in to verify that the passenger is asymptomatic.

Take your Airborne Immune Supplement the week before!

• Like 1

You could be asymptomatic  the  day you fly but  the virus can take up to 14  days  to manifest  itself

wash you hands  & do not touch your face 

Wipe down the seats/trays/ headrests  on the plane

A lady here returned from a river cruise in Egypt  then be came ill  a few days later   after she visited the senior centre  a couple of days 🙄

keep safe

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You could be asymptomatic  the  day you fly but  the virus can take up to 14  days  to manifest  itself

wash you hands  & do not touch your face 

Wipe down the seats/trays/ headrests  on the plane

A lady here returned from a river cruise in Egypt  then be came ill  a few days later   after she visited the senior centre  a couple of days 🙄

keep safe

Thanks Lyn,

Yes I know- it's a little superfluous to be checking for symptoms when the next day you could have them. I guess they're just doing the best they can to screen out obvious sick folks. I read last night that they will probably have extra medical personnel on board cruise ships soon to do screenings. Seems like a great idea, but makes me extra concerned about quarantine. Have a plan for the pets and most of the household.

All set with wipes for the plane and hand sanitizer. As an RN always wash hands constantly, maybe too much, but otherwise feel my hands are dripping with bacteria and viruses. Which they are!

Keep fingers crossed for me that cruise doesn't get cancelled.

Jancruz, 

When you say "there are talks going on. . . ." do you mean talks of cancelling ports?  We are flying out on Thursday and due to sale on the Regatta starting the 15th.  I am holding my breath hoping the FP government does not cancel the ports of call.  Any word on that??

45 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

Jancruz, 

When you say "there are talks going on. . . ." do you mean talks of cancelling ports?  We are flying out on Thursday and due to sale on the Regatta starting the 15th.  I am holding my breath hoping the FP government does not cancel the ports of call.  Any word on that??

Karen,

Nail biting has taken over my life with this Tahiti cruise in the air, but nothing like your anxiety level must be with leaving on Thursday. Hope Jan can shed some light soon.

You're in my thoughts and have high hopes....Nancy

Thank you, thank you!!!  Yes, the nails are gone, and this has reached an all new level of anxiety.  We are all packed with snorkels and fins and were set to go until this State Dept. advisory.  Now what???  Will FP shut down ports?  Will Oceania cancel?  I was also an RN, like you (Critical Care), so understand the concern, but there are risks around everywhere.  This is quite a bold statement.  

I so appreciate your thoughts, prayers and empathy!!  Hopefully, all of this will pass by the time your cruise comes around :).

17 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

Hopefully, all of this will pass by the time your cruise comes around :).

My gut says what affects your cruise will affect mine as well. We're in double jeopardy as ours sails on to Hawaii and SF. The Lt. gov of Hawaii petitioned the White House to cancel all cruise ship's visits to Hawaii. Maybe more political posturing but another omg moment.

"Tahitian Big Kahuna" from the Pac Islands board boarded Paul Gauguin yesterday- new itinerary and very nice. No Rarotonga or Aitutaki, but 2 nites BB, 2 nites Moorea, Huahine, Fakarava, Tahaa, Raiatea, and Rangiroa. Only thing nicer is if it were Regatta.

Please let me know if you hear anything......

16 hours ago, Petoonya said:

My gut says what affects your cruise will affect mine as well. We're in double jeopardy as ours sails on to Hawaii and SF. The Lt. gov of Hawaii petitioned the White House to cancel all cruise ship's visits to Hawaii. Maybe more political posturing but another omg moment.

Why ban cruise ships from stopping in Hawaii? Why not just ban flights? Why not just ban everyone? Why not ban all flying to anywhere by everyone?

This is just nuts

1 minute ago, susiesan said:

Why ban cruise ships from stopping in Hawaii? Why not just ban flights? Why not just ban everyone? Why not ban all flying to anywhere by everyone?

This is just nuts

Your cruise is not until June, correct?  At least you've got some time for this situation to improve, hopefully!

1 minute ago, RJ2002 said:

Your cruise is not until June, correct?  At least you've got some time for this situation to improve, hopefully!

The Tahiti cruise is not until next January, and it is with Windstar. My next cruise is in June, Baltic on Marina. Even though dozens have already cancelled the June 26 sailing, O is not willing to sweeten the pot at all to incentivize  from not cancelling. If you don't lose any money it's far easier to just cancel and take the same cruise next year. Princess is throwing in an extra $200 OBC for people to take their cruises over the next few months and not just cancel and get a FCC. It would be nice if O did the same or something for us hanging in there.

4 hours ago, jka said:

Can you expand on what you know?  Thanks.

I know that they are working on the paperwork you will need..and you should hear tomorrow or Wednesday by email

Jancruz1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I know that they are working on the paperwork you will need..and you should hear tomorrow or Wednesday by email

Jancruz1

Thank you Jan. Wonderful for people who are sailing soon. "Working on paperwork" sounds much better than "working on cancelling". Take care.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, susiesan said:

The Tahiti cruise is not until next January, and it is with Windstar. My next cruise is in June, Baltic on Marina. Even though dozens have already cancelled the June 26 sailing, O is not willing to sweeten the pot at all to incentivize  from not cancelling. If you don't lose any money it's far easier to just cancel and take the same cruise next year. Princess is throwing in an extra $200 OBC for people to take their cruises over the next few months and not just cancel and get a FCC. It would be nice if O did the same or something for us hanging in there.

I saw someone asking about OBC over on Regent.  So far I haven't seen that any of the NCLH family of lines (NCL, O or Regent) are following that path.   I can see Princess doing it because of the notoriety right now, but I'd be surprised to see either O or Regent do it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, susiesan said:

This is just nuts

Because right now cruise ships are scarier than airplanes to voters, and politicians politicize.

3 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Because right now cruise ships are scarier than airplanes to voters, and politicians politicize.

That would be your low information voters and most of Americans who believe everything they read on the internet and from Facebook. I have a few of those ignorant people working for me.🙄😳

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, susiesan said:

That would be your low information voters and most of Americans who believe everything they read on the internet and from Facebook. I have a few of those ignorant people working for me.🙄😳

I know you are tense and unhappy, but is this necessary?

• Like 2

I hope we all get clarity soon.  I just did a little investigation on the current Regatta sailing that is underway - 3 of their ports have been cancelled.  Makes me really question whether this is the right time to go and makes me so damn sad.  Floating around the south Pacific without stopping anywhere is not what I'm going there for.

nancy

Edited by jka
typo

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thank you Jan. Wonderful for people who are sailing soon. "Working on paperwork" sounds much better than "working on cancelling". Take care.

You made me smile.  We are on the 28 day all the way to SF.  So far we’re in GO mode but that may change.  🤷‍♀️  In any case we will know on March 31 cause that’s when we fly out!

Mo.  (Potterhill).  Had trouble logging in and not sure how Or if this will show up!

Just as I thought.  Potterhill is MIA.  This is an account an created eons ago and don’t think I ever used.  Ah well.  

Edited by The Pudge

3 minutes ago, The Pudge said:

You made me smile.  We are on the 28 day all the way to SF.  So far we’re in GO mode but that may change.  🤷‍♀️  In any case we will know on March 31 cause that’s when we fly out!

Mo.  (Potterhill).  Had trouble logging in and not sure how Or if this will show up!

Hi Mo,

Well if we see each other on the cruise we'll have to have a cocktail together 🙂 If you are not on a roll call yet please join ours for 4/14. Lots of contributors which keeps everyone up to date on what's happening with the Tahiti cruises. Keep in touch!

22 minutes ago, jka said:

I hope we all get clarity soon.  I just did a little investigation on the current Regatta sailing that is underway - 3 of their ports have been cancelled.  Makes me really question whether this is the right time to go and makes me so damn sad.  Floating around the south Pacific without stopping anywhere is not what I'm going there for.

nancy

Which of their stops have been cancelled?

Is this true that the current sailing of Regatta has cancelled ports??? Where did you hear that? We fly out Thursday. Also, we will not be able to update our paperwork as we will be in country on Friday. 

45 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

Is this true that the current sailing of Regatta has cancelled ports??? Where did you hear that? We fly out Thursday. Also, we will not be able to update our paperwork as we will be in country on Friday. 

Feel soooo badly for you. This has to be hell sitting with your bags packed. You've been a bright spark on these boards with all your excitement for all these months. If this is going to be the one and only time you'll do this trip you may want to consider postponing until next March. Time in Tahiti is much too precious. Sending you a non-virus bearing hug.

Nancy