Welp, there it is

Ariel1985

11 minutes ago, cltcruiser said:

I’m the opposite. I want FCC and not a refund!

Being I the over 70 target group I just want to be done with all the confusion of going or not going. I don’t want to keep $3000 tied up for another year. This whole thing is a bloody nightmare!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

According to a very close friend, who is a cruise consultant (I am also a past employee)... no word yet.  She said Trump requested by Tweet that Carnival suspend,  but she said not so far.  But could happen

Here's a tweet from CLIA

23 minutes ago, cltcruiser said:

So..... are we thinking it will be straight refund or will there be a FCC option?

I'm thinking we will see what we saw for some of the cruises that were recently cancelled, i.e. the Baltimore 3/15 sailing. Option of either cash refund or 100% FCC + $600 OBC per cabin.

Edited by OMGOMGOMG

I' curious to what they will do with 4/12. Those cruises are exactly 30 days out. It's a Sunday so a high volume embarkation day for a majority of the ships. It's also "traditional" Spring break week (although that has been changed now with schools closing)

2 minutes ago, lovetocruise79 said:

Cruise line website down (at least in my browser)...and they thought that they had a lot of complaints before, oh boy

It doesn’t load for me either on WiFi or cell data. Betting it’s due to the traffic to the site from everyone trying to get information/answers. 

Just now, OMGOMGOMG said:

This was literally just announced. Just be a little patient. 

Trying.....when I talked to cruise agent approx 28 minutes ago he said they had heard nothing so the left hand does not know what the right is doing 

My parents are literally at the airport on their way to LA to board their cruise tomorrow.  They called their TA five mins ago and were told no issues. No way to get a hold of Carnival.  Lines are down. 

12 minutes ago, IDKaren said:

Trying.....when I talked to cruise agent approx 28 minutes ago he said they had heard nothing so the left hand does not know what the right is doing 

When you have government "intervention" it's bond to happen. I was told RC and CCL got little to no notice when Maryland Gov. decided to close the cruise port.

Just now, inar said:

My parents are literally at the airport on their way to LA to board their cruise tomorrow.  They called their TA five mins ago and were told no issues. No way to get a hold of Carnival.  Lines are down. 

They need a new TA and I'm guessing the cruise isn't happening.

• Like 1

That says April 11.

My app says I'm 28 days and 16 hours out.

The news says it is a 30 day ban.

I'm due to sail April 11 and truthfully I just want my money back 😔

I booked this so long ago and I'm sad and frustrated

1 minute ago, OddJob said:

That says April 11.

That’s how I am feeling..this was booked a year ago..prob our last time traveling with granddaughter. The back and forth..then the over 70 ban ..they told me today I could get a credit and partial refund...I just want my money back and be done with it so I can stop being sad!

My daughter was booked on the 3/29 Horizon as her honeymoon.   Now to scramble and try to salvage something for them to do.  I hope Carnival gives refunds quickly so they have money to enjoy whatever they do 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OddJob said:

That says April 11.

We cruise April 11 as well, most cruise lines have advised they will resume operations on April 12th.  I am scheduled for a 7 day, my thought is that they may change mine to a 6 day.