Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

Saw ACA with that epidemiologist who first sounded the alarm about COVID. He certainly had some tough messages about what society needs to do if we are to get a handle on COVID:

US epidemiologist explains why vaccines alone won't save us

What was clear we do need to stop talking about "getting back to normal" start thinking about our future new normal. No point living in past COVID is here to stay 🙄

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But there are examples from other states that have proven tough lockdowns work better than wishy-washy ones. But whe won't, or can't, be seen to be taking their advice because they aren't Libs.

She's living in a fantasy world if she thinks vaccinations are going to solve her problem. That might have been true with the original strain but not with the Delta variant. Just look at what is happening in the UK!

I think she is doing a great job ,if I was still interested in Women I would ask her out .

But my heart 💔 is taken for someone in Canada but he doesn’t love me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I wouldn’t like her job, there’s no rules book to follow.

I think the plan is to get to a high % and control it like the seasonal flu.

As of today, it couldn't be managed like the flu because it is so much more contagious.  Flu has a R number of about 1.28 and this current Delta strain is about 7.  It's also more lethal than the flu, and there is this issue of Long Covid which seems to affect about 10% of people.  Of course, vaccinations will help both of those issues so she's right about that.  I also say, as of today, because who knows what will be happening in six months.    My criticism would be that she is behaving as if you have already reached a high level of vaccination and by not locking down properly, she is accepting some deaths as collateral damage.  I would find that difficult to accept.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

As of today, it couldn't be managed like the flu because it is so much more contagious.  Flu has a R number of about 1.28 and this current Delta strain is about 7.  It's also more lethal than the flu, and there is this issue of Long Covid which seems to affect about 10% of people.  Of course, vaccinations will help both of those issues so she's right about that.  I also say, as of today, because who knows what will be happening in six months.    My criticism would be that she is behaving as if you have already reached a high level of vaccination and by not locking down properly, she is accepting some deaths as collateral damage.  I would find that difficult to accept.

There you go.

The lady is doing her best.

On another subject what does the forum think about these boots I would like to buy?

image.thumb.jpeg.0589acde3ed9f216c4c7d978197983dc.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Yes, I find her attitude very difficult to accept.

She's lost the plot totally. 🤬

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Do they come in black? 😜

They probably do but I remember being at a thanksgiving BBQ in Texas  and asking that question.
‘Everyone went quite and someone said` they disappear in the in the middle of the night‘ and there was a uproar of laughter.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They probably do but I remember being at a thanksgiving BBQ in Texas  and asking that question.
‘Everyone went quite and someone said` they disappear in the in the middle of the night‘ and there was a uproar of laughter.

That’s a “You had to be there” joke if ever I heard one 🙈

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder what the reaction if I asked for a white pair😂

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I wonder what the reaction if I asked for a white pair😂

Yes a matching ensemble ,white boots a frock and a simple white hat .

Not the kind of thing you would see on the Paris catwalk but is needed to look smart at a bonfire.

• Haha 1

The Golden Princess has now docked in Triest Italy. Looking at Marine Traffic she appears to have gone straight into the dry dock there.

Have sailed the Golden Princess twice now and are booked for a March 2022 sailing as the Pacific Adventure.

Golden Princess.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, am1984 said:

The Golden Princess has now docked in Triest Italy. Looking at Marine Traffic she appears to have gone straight into the dry dock there.

Have sailed the Golden Princess twice now and are booked for a March 2022 sailing as the Pacific Adventure.

Golden Princess.JPG

P&O's Zoltina-J posted pictures of her arriving into Trieste Airport this morning so things are happening.

On 8/13/2021 at 5:30 PM, Chiliburn said:

There you go.

The lady is doing her best.

On another subject what does the forum think about these boots I would like to buy?

image.thumb.jpeg.0589acde3ed9f216c4c7d978197983dc.jpeg

I would like them better, if they lost the heel, the decorations, the high sides, and they were black with laces. And more of a cushioned sole.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruisegroover said:

Trieste is located near the border of Slovenia so a long vaporetto ride from St Mark's Square😀

My father fought the Germans in Trieste in WW2, but that is history.  But they did not wear them thar Texan boots.  They wore these...Boots Ammunition - Troops for the Use of.

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Cruisegroover said:

Trieste is located near the border of Slovenia so a long vaporetto ride from St Mark's Square😀

There is a good rail connection, much better than Ravenna, and Trieste airport is an international one as well

Cruise Ship Update - 22nd August 2021

An update on what the cruise ships have been doing since my last update 🙂.

Its looks like the only two ships left anchored off Singapore are Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Eclipse 😞 :

There AIS is currently not responding / updating. They are the two blue dots on the right hand of this screen shot:

Celebrity-Solstice-Celebrity-Eclipse2208

Pacific Explorer anchored off Manila Bay:

pacificexplour21082021.jpg

Pacific Encounter trip from Singapore to Limassol, Cyprus:

pacificencounter10082021.jpg

pacificencounter12082021.jpg

pacificencounter13082021.jpg

Golden Princess trip from Singapore to Trieste, Italy:

goldenprincess10082021.jpg

goldenprincess12082021.jpg

goldenprincess13082021.jpg

goldenprincess16082021.jpg

Sapphire Princess trip from Singapore to Limassol, Cyprus:

sapphireprincess07082021.jpg

sapphireprincess10082021.jpg

sapphireprincess11082021.jpg

Voyager of the Seas anchored off Hong Kong:

voyageroftheseas22082021.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas has left Limassol, Cyprus and is currently on her way to Gibraltar:

radianceoftheseas22082021.jpg

Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor are still in Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

carnivalshipsdubi22082021.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 11:18 AM, NSWP said:

My father fought the Germans in Trieste in WW2, but that is history.  But they did not wear them thar Texan boots.  They wore these...Boots Ammunition - Troops for the Use of.

th.jpg

So That’s why the Americans where welcomed by the Italians .

40 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Cruise Ship Update - 22nd August 2021

An update on what the cruise ships have been doing since my last update 🙂.

Its looks like the only two ships left anchored off Singapore are Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Eclipse 😞 :

There AIS is currently not responding / updating. They are the two blue dots on the right hand of this screen shot:

Celebrity-Solstice-Celebrity-Eclipse2208

Pacific Explorer anchored off Manila Bay:

pacificexplour21082021.jpg

Pacific Encounter trip from Singapore to Limassol, Cyprus:

pacificencounter10082021.jpg

pacificencounter12082021.jpg

pacificencounter13082021.jpg

Golden Princess trip from Singapore to Trieste, Italy:

goldenprincess10082021.jpg

goldenprincess12082021.jpg

goldenprincess13082021.jpg

goldenprincess16082021.jpg

Sapphire Princess trip from Singapore to Limassol, Cyprus:

sapphireprincess07082021.jpg

sapphireprincess10082021.jpg

sapphireprincess11082021.jpg

Voyager of the Seas anchored off Hong Kong:

voyageroftheseas22082021.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas has left Limassol, Cyprus and is currently on her way to Gibraltar:

radianceoftheseas22082021.jpg

Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor are still in Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

carnivalshipsdubi22082021.jpg

Heres new one to add ,that seems to be confused off the coast of France 

71C66C5A-81A7-4C6B-8817-D470235BA502.thumb.png.5a159c4edf6a42a3ab068cef37b384e5.png

• Like 1