The Daily for Tuesday Mar 17, 2020 fka Fleet Report

richwmn

4 hours ago, seaoma said:

This was something my daughter sent to me. 

Just attended ask the captain on the Veendam - Holland is saying no cases of corona virus on any of their ships!  That’s some great news! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

SERIOUSLY?  They are all planning on resuming their schedules <1 month from now? 

Even if this thing has peaked today worldwide...and I don't believe that it has....a necessary isolation period of two further weeks will only take us up to the end of this month.  And they expect to have everything logistically solved (crew assignments/contracts, ships in place and provisioned, etc) within two weeks of that?  I don't think so.🙃

The cruise lines suspended operations for 30 days. The chart I reproduced above shows the date they announced the suspension plus 30 days.

To answer your other remarks. The crews will be in "isolation" for the next 30 days, so no further isolation should be necessary. They will be monitored by the crews doctor, so any problems will be taken car of.

As far as crew assignments/contracts, placement, provisions etc - that is already solved. For the most part the ships will only be continuing on where they would have been if no suspension had taken place. A couple of ships will need revisions, such as Amsterdam needing to fill some time until May 26, but that is minor to the overall situation.

Most of the ships are in position or near by right now. The exceptions are Koningsdam which will be rounding South America empty, Amsterdam which needs to reposition from Australia to Florida, and Rotterdam which needs to reposition from Puerto Vallarta to Florida. There is plenty of time for this to take place.

Edited by richwmn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Here is a list of when each cruise line is scheduled to resume cruises.

Azamara – April 11

Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line – April 9

Carnival Cruise Line – April 10

Celebrity Cruises – April 11

Cunard Line – April 11

Disney Cruise Line – April 13

Holland America Line – April 15

MSC Cruises – April 30

Norwegian Cruise Line – April 11

Oceania Cruises – April 11

Princess Cruises – May 10

Regent Seven Seas Cruises – April 11

Royal Caribbean – April 11

Viking – May 1

Virgin Voyages – August 7

Thanks so much Rich!

We all hope it happens👍
Have a good day!

Denise😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Joy!!

IF YOU GO INTO THE ARCHIVES HERE ON

HAL A LONG TIME AGO SOMEONE DID A THREAD ON RHIS SUBJECT! It was really cool knowing what the names meant and how it came to be!

Have a good day!

Denise😊

I saw one archive after searching,  searching. Did not see anyone I recognized. 

51 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I saw one archive after searching,  searching. Did not see anyone I recognized. 

Humm?? I was on there also as well as KK Jacqui(Kazu) Roy ( Ranfin) and so many others!

Now I need to search

Denise😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Has anyone noticed Westerdam arrived in Honolulu yesterday?  I didn't see any mention of it on the HAL board.  Anyone from Honolulu have any local news reports?

According to the cruise ship tracker and this site:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/1458/USA_port:HONOLULU

the ship is in dock and will depart at 5 pm.  

And according to this site, it will not be going to Juneau:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22624-puerto-vallarta-to-accommodate-westerdam.html

Thanks for the report; I'll miss checking it when it isn't here.  Hubby and I have a tradition of a beer in every port - since we can't be on a ship or in port, we'll certainly have one tonight (dyed green, of course!), and will toast HAL and all the dam ships and those who sail on them.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1