P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, Caullkhead said:

Good morning, just catching up, we’re one of the only ones with Union flag & bunting up here, no community events except in the next village. We watched from 10 till 3 yesterday I made scones so we had those with homemade strawberry jam & (clotted cream obviously) whilst watch. Ds made a quiche Lorraine no sponge involved & I made sausage rolls, so we stuffed our faces while watching. Even my son  at uni watched the crowning which surprised me. We did have a bit of banter flying around in our phones between us including my mum & sisters wondering what he was doing behind the screen & why he put his pjs on 🤣

Mebyon Kernow?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Good morning, just catching up, we’re one of the only ones with Union flag & bunting up here, no community events except in the next village. We watched from 10 till 3 yesterday I made scones so we had those with homemade strawberry jam & (clotted cream obviously) whilst watch. Ds made a quiche Lorraine no sponge involved & I made sausage rolls, so we stuffed our faces while watching. Even my son  at uni watched the crowning which surprised me. We did have a bit of banter flying around in our phones between us including my mum & sisters wondering what he was doing behind the screen & why he put his pjs on 🤣

Butter first, then cream , then jam ?.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Has everyone been to a garden party? Am beginning to feel left out !

I haven’t, although my sister has through her work as a Deputy Head teacher. She didn’t tell us much about it, she was rather miffed she couldn’t take her husband with her.

• Like 2

20230507_112622.thumb.jpg.fc4c8616849d5392b2699c2155860549.jpgWe are all set up ready for our street party.  The Lord Mayor has strolled down to ask what time we are gathering and to confirm his attendance with his family.  He said that his wife is busy making some food for us.

🙂

• Like 16

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

mmmm never heard of gin and tonic cake but it looks good and sounds really good!!

Mars bar trifle being made here for a party we are going to this afternoon, but the damn custard doesn't want to cool!

So good it looks upside down and I haven’t had any gin 😉😀

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well I enjoyed the Coronation although I did zone out a bit in the service. My favourite bit was the parade afterwards, we do that sort of thing so well. The military were brilliant and I enjoyed the red arrows, short and sweet, shame the other aircraft couldn’t manage it in the weather. I also liked the balcony scenes.

At the jubilee I was quite tearful when the Queen came out on the balcony because I felt it was possibly the last time we’d see her.

I think I’ll do the same as others re the concert, record it then I can whizz through bits!

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

😱👀  When we were kids & we had Sunday tea it was butter, jam then cream (not clotted though being on the I OW)! My DH is Cornish & still asks which way I don’t think think he had such things growing up, his mum didn’t cook. 😄

• Like 2

We had a walk yesterday pm along Penzance prom to Newlyn as it was foggy at home, then picked up fish n chips for tea as that seemed the British thing to do. Later we watched Johnny English, seemed appropriate.😅

• Like 5

Cold and dampish here and so the planned garden party has been abandoned. Bit sad really.

Our Local Fox has decided to snooze under a tree...

_DSC6709.thumb.jpeg.426063759b8394a5c5d6115f13bf1836.jpeg

Kind hearted neighbours have delivered more food than we can eat... and we gave them cake and some bubbles!

DSC_4156.thumb.jpeg.7cfd197dfd8e947a428fe6aa5ccdf4fe.jpeg

And our Robin... now onto a third brood just by our window... already looking for the crumbs...

DSC_4143.thumb.jpeg.bba7800eedf9da51169bd1073f3cb954.jpeg

Hope everyone has a nice day.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Agree has to be cream last, otherwise you can make a right mess.

I agree.  Do you really need butter  when there is cream on top?  A lotta lotta fat.

I think it is usually strawberry jam, which I dislike.  Or could it be raspberry?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

we have butter, then jam then cream 😊

Me too, it's the safest way. No risk of the jam sliding off the cream, and straight down the front of a white top. Which has happapened to me, much to my embarrassment😳

Avril

• Like 5

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Cornish or Devonian?  There have been wars fought over this! They do more or less agree on the grockles/emmets thing though!

As this might be construed as political, though, I shall take no sides. Even though I spent my formative school years in Falmouth.  😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Cornish or Devonian?  There have been wars fought over this! They do more or less agree on the grockles/emmets thing though!

As this might be construed as political, though, I shall take no sides. Even though I spent my formative school years in Falmouth.  😉

Devonian for me.......+ butter🥟

Edited by zap99

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

No butter, just jam and cream.

Must admit most places I have had it nowadays there’s no butter but I always used to have it like that. As we don’t have many cake- like things at home it’s a nice treat!

• Like 2